ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

ArenA, Amsterdam 31st July 2006
© Paul Bergen for Mojo Concerts with thanks to Angiergirl!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: How did you name your pet? Return to archive
29th July 2006 04:29 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Mine is called Gomper. He is a cat!

And he has just killed a bug!
29th July 2006 06:03 PM
pdog Cats Kill!

29th July 2006 06:52 PM
Joey
quote:
pdog wrote:
Cats Kill!

I got a new Kitty last week :

29th July 2006 07:20 PM
Gazza I once had a pet budgie called Joey.....
29th July 2006 07:36 PM
Poplar Remy ... as in Remy Martin.
29th July 2006 08:19 PM
Sticky_Keith I used to have two cats named Mick and Keith.
29th July 2006 11:07 PM
not bound to please http://www.insidebayarea.com/ci_4101488?source=rss

Felony charged in puppy's death
Woman kicked and smashed her dog's head; her motive unknown
By Robin HigginsCORRESPONDENT

OAKLAND — An Oakland woman has been charged with felony animal abuse for killing her 6-week-old puppy by smashing its head into the pavement, authorities said Wednesday.
Animal rights advocates called the July 23 death of the dog one of the worst cases of abuse they have ever seen.

Oakland Animal Services shelter director Sgt. Dave Cronin said Wednesday that what happened to the dog "was a brutal, brutal thing to do. It was completely defenseless."

Police said the suspect, Bernadette Hutcherson, 19, was walking the yellow Labrador retriever on a leash with some friends Sunday in the 1700 block of 28th Avenue.

For some reason the dog angered Hutcherson, who began kicking it, causing it to flip over several times, police said. She then picked the dog up and slammed its head into the pavement at least twice, police said.

Officer Roland Holmgrem said a passerby tried to rescue the puppy, but it died a few minutes after being injured.

"You can't put a leash on a 6-week-old puppy," said Cronin. "It shouldn't have even been outside."

A necropsy on the animal determined that the skull was cracked, and the report stated that the "puppy could not have died from any other cause than a severe traumatic blow to the head," authorities said.

Animal cruelty charges can be either a misdemeanor or a felony. In this case the Alameda County District Attorney's Office charged Hutcherson with a felony because of the incident's vicious nature and Hutcherson's intent to kill, authorities said.

Hutcherson does not have a prior conviction of animal abuse.

Hutcherson was still in custody Wednesday.

Help Stop Animal Abusers, Sign This Petition & Show Support

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: see below
Date: 2006-07-29, 9:33PM CDT

Please go to www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/215768829, signatures needed to hold this animal abuser that caused the death of her 6 week old puppy accountable.
We, the Undersigned, endorse the following petition:
6 Wk Old Puppy Slammed Into Pavement -Support DA's Felony Charges
Target: Thomas J. Orloff, District Attorney, Alameda County District Attorney's Office
Sponsor: Anita Solomon We only have 252 signatures as of today, more signatures, more impact, Need to reach 1,000 soon. Thanks a lot!
Goal: 1,000
Deadline: Ongoing...
See Full Petition
Email this Petition
Bernadette Hutcherson, 19, was walking the 6 week old yellow Labrador retriever on a leash with some friends Sunday in the 1700 block of 28th Avenue.

Police say that for some reason, the dog angered Hutcherson, who began kicking it, causing it to flip over several times. She then picked the dog up and slammed its head into the pavement at least twice.

Animal cruelty charges can be either a misdemeanor or a felony. In this case the Alameda County District Attorney's Office (CA) charged Hutcherson with a felony because of the incident's vicious nature and Hutcherson's intent to kill, authorities said.

Having witnesses to this despicable act can only help the prosecution, but our voices must ensure the felony charges are carried out in court!

Read the entire news article at:

http://www.insidebayarea.com/ci_4101488?source=rss

OR on Pet-Abuse.com

http://www.pet-abuse.com/pages/cruelty_database/case_details.php?case_id=9402&watch=1

By signing this petition, we are in support of the DA’s decision to charge Ms. Hutcherson with a felony and ask that under no circumstances should the courts allow this crime to be reduced to a misdemeanor, or worse yet, be released with a lesser degree of punishment.

Anyone signing "ANONYMOUS" will be deleted.

See CA Penal Code Section 597 below

30th July 2006 12:59 AM
M.O.W.A.T. My dog is named Bosco --- I was a big fan of Third Watch and just loved the character by the same name.
[Edited by M.O.W.A.T.]
30th July 2006 08:01 AM
corgi37 My dog Charlie is named after a drummer boy.
30th July 2006 08:19 AM
rollmops My dog Maybellene has been named after the most famous cow is rock and roll lore.
Rock and roll,
Mops
30th July 2006 09:35 AM
Ten Thousand Motels I'm superstitious so I didn't have to name my cats...they came with names. Max, who is now deceased, after whom I named my business. Cloey who also is now deceased. Soots, who my aunt owned first and Cloey II, whom my grandmother named and who came to me as a stray half grown kitten about two years ago.
30th July 2006 12:52 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
M.O.W.A.T. wrote:
My dog is named Bosco --- I was a big fan of Third Watch and just loved the character by the same name.
[Edited by M.O.W.A.T.]

THAT'S FRANKIE PEPPERS REAL NAME
30th July 2006 01:20 PM
Nasty Habits Orson is named after Mr. Welles.

30th July 2006 10:30 PM
Taptrick
My first dog was named Butterscotch. I was five and my parents let me name him. I think I had just been given a butterscotch lifesaver and it was in my head. It actually ended up bein a fitting name. It was however my second choice. The first choice was Toe Truck but the parents gave a no to that one.

Since then my family has had a mutt named Muttley, a greyhound named Dukey, another greyhound named Elway (both rescued), and I currently have an all white long haired cat named Slinky with one blue eye and one green/yellow.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)