ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

ArenA, Amsterdam 31st July 2006
© Paul Bergen for Mojo Concerts with thanks to Angiergirl!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Who should open for the Stones in Austin? Return to archive
29th July 2006 12:14 PM
Rags Check out this blog on Rolling Stone magazine's site:

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2006/07/25/the-rolling-stones-need-your-help/

This will be the Stones first ever concert in the live music capital of the world, and this guy's post is right on the money.

Scurvy John | 7/26/2006, 2:56 pm EST

Ian McLagen & The Bump Band would blow any new band off the stage AND complement The Stones.
29th July 2006 12:21 PM
RollingstonesUSA
29th July 2006 12:38 PM
Shawn20 What happened to the rumor that big name acts such as the Who would open some stadium shows. In the past the Stones have used big name acts to help sell such shows. If they want to showcase an up and coming band at some of their small shows, that is understandable, but for the large outdoor shows the opening act should be someone of substance.
29th July 2006 02:23 PM
Dan I am sure openers chosen depend on ticket sales. Some dude on the Metal Sludge board was howling about some band named Three Days Grace opening his show and for $700 a pair he wanted a better band. No idea what show he is going to though.
29th July 2006 04:36 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle Willie Nelson
Merle Haggard
Steve Earle & The Dukes
Drive By Truckers
The Raconteurs
My Morning Jacket
Ryan Adams & The Cardinals
29th July 2006 04:38 PM
Fiji Joe Stevie Ray Vaughn...but I think he's booked

29th July 2006 05:58 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Stevie Ray Vaughn...but I think he's booked

29th July 2006 08:47 PM
FrankiePeppers
Just a replay of the national championship game highlights will suffice

30th July 2006 06:22 AM
Jumping Jack Coop is opening in Hallifax!!!

Almost worth buying a plane ticket for that!
30th July 2006 09:18 AM
Ten Thousand Motels WILLIE OR HANK III
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
30th July 2006 11:10 AM
gimmekeef As long as whoever it is....doesnt wear one of those dopey lookin black country hats!
30th July 2006 11:41 AM
BILL PERKS FOR WHATEVER REASON, I DONT THINK MICK CARES FOR MAC VERY MUCH
30th July 2006 01:23 PM
Nasty Habits Roky Erickson should open in Austin and scare the living death out of all the patrons.

31st July 2006 02:21 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
Roky Erickson should open in Austin and scare the living death out of all the patrons.

LOL!

whoever gets the honors will be interesting, just hope its nor the fuckin los lonely boys, this needs to be a real treat

my vote would go to one of th greatest group with member worthy of holding the honor....rip ole sahm http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBveBwDXWQc&mode=related&search=doug%20sahm

[Edited by Bloozehound]
31st July 2006 12:30 PM
duck No question, Austins finest. Ian Mclagen and the Bump Band.
31st July 2006 12:59 PM
texile anybody but johnny lang...
the stones won't allow themselves to be overshadowed by guys like willie or steve but - they need someone younger and less legendary.
i saw los lonely boys at a free gig last week in pasadena, texas and they were great - raw, funky....a prefect opening band for the stones.
but they were scheduled to open last year in houston and they didn't make it so....
31st July 2006 01:00 PM
Nasty Habits Have you seen that new Sir Douglas Quintet DVD with the performances from Austin City Limits '81, bloozehound? They do a version of the Kinks' "Who'll Be the Next in Line" where Sahm does an absolutely killer Jagger impersonation for the whole song. It is so rock and roll.

31st July 2006 01:15 PM
jb wide open
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)