ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

ArenA, Amsterdam 31st July 2006
© Paul Bergen for Mojo Concerts with thanks to Angiergirl!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: EASTENDERS APPRECIATION THREAD Return to archive
28th July 2006 01:26 PM
BILL PERKS EASTENDERS APPRECIATION/DIASPPRECIATION THREAD..DISCUSS
28th July 2006 01:29 PM
Gazza The most depressing thing on earth apart from the ABB setlists, the Salt Lake Incident and the Days of Our Lives fiasco
[Edited by Gazza]
28th July 2006 01:50 PM
jb I think I'm gonner pull my old Bruce cd's out and listen to "The River" tonight...Aside from the Stones, this is my favorite song of all time...
28th July 2006 02:36 PM
Honky Tonk Man Are we er, talking about Eastenders the soap?
28th July 2006 02:41 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Are we er, talking about Eastenders the soap?

INDEED
28th July 2006 03:05 PM
GotToRollMe I used to watch it when it was first broadcast over here in the U.S., but I lost interest after the first season.

As far as I'm concerned, AbFab was the best British TV import since Monty Python. Patsy kicks ass.

28th July 2006 03:27 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
I used to watch it when it was first broadcast over here in the U.S., but I lost interest after the first season.

As far as I'm concerned, AbFab was the best British TV import since Monty Python. Patsy kicks ass.

After the first season? It's been on every week since it first aired! Actually, was'nt it dropped from BBC America?

I used to like Eastenders too. I still watch iy most of the time out of habbit, but it has'nt been good for years.
28th July 2006 04:59 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

After the first season? It's been on every week since it first aired! Actually, was'nt it dropped from BBC America?

I used to like Eastenders too. I still watch iy most of the time out of habbit, but it has'nt been good for years.

THEY ARE A COUPLE YEARS BEHIND HERE IN US ON MY PBS STATION..BBCA NO LONGER AIRS IT...WHEN GRANT LEFT IS WHEN I THINK IT WENT DOWNHILL.
28th July 2006 05:23 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

THEY ARE A COUPLE YEARS BEHIND HERE IN US ON MY PBS STATION..BBCA NO LONGER AIRS IT...WHEN GRANT LEFT IS WHEN I THINK IT WENT DOWNHILL.

LOL, I don't want to spoil it, but you know what happens with Grant don't you?
28th July 2006 05:28 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

LOL, I don't want to spoil it, but you know what happens with Grant don't you?

NO.. TELL ME
28th July 2006 05:40 PM
Gazza he comes back

again

and again

and even Dirty Den comes back. From the dead. After 14 years. And you thought "Dynasty" was fuckin' daft?

And then he gets killed again. So, maybe he'll come back in 2020. or rather, he probably wont, because his contract was cancelled after the guy who plays him in real life was caught having a wank on a webcam with a member of the public while bitching about all of his co-stars.
28th July 2006 05:58 PM
Honky Tonk Man Gazza, you are ruining it for him!

You forgot to add that Dennis gets murdered!
28th July 2006 06:37 PM
DJAsh Eastenders is a load of crap.

As if real life wasn't bad enough..we are expected to tune in to such "socially concious" drivel as entertainment....?

Shove it.
[Edited by DJAsh]
29th July 2006 05:37 AM
Sir Jack Regan It started goinf downhill for me once Mike Reid aka "Frank Butcher" left (again. for the third/fourth time)

Bring back Frank!

http://www.geocities.com/planet_pos/doughnut.wav

http://www.geocities.com/planet_pos/slap.wav
29th July 2006 07:22 AM
Gazza
quote:
Sir Jack Regan wrote:
It started goinf downhill for me once Mike Reid aka "Frank Butcher" left (again. for the third/fourth time)

Bring back Frank!

http://www.geocities.com/planet_pos/doughnut.wav

http://www.geocities.com/planet_pos/slap.wav

'Dont talk to me like I'm some kind of pilchard...'
29th July 2006 08:39 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

Yeah, it was awhile ago. I'm just guessing, but I think late '80s - early '90s? It was before I had cable and was at the mercy of our local "UHF" stations for quality BBC entertainment. (For those in the NY metro area, Ch. 31.)
29th July 2006 12:57 PM
gorda I have BBCAmerica, and I have never seen this program. I think they do show it on PBS.

Anyways, I was in London last week, and I caught an episode. (Note: I have never seen this program, so I don't know any of the names of the characters.)

Anyways, Billy was supposed to get married with his pregnant girlfriend. But, he got drunk, so his brothers (friends?) put him to sleep in a furniture store. When, he woke up, he walked out of the store and locked himself out. He was in his underwear and a dog came and pulled his pants down, so he got arrested for streaking, and needless to say, he could not make it to the wedding in time.

Later on, at the reception, he and his fiancee decided to get married after the baby was born in a private ceremony without their family or friends present, just the two of them and thier baby! How romantic!

Too bad, I won't be able to see any more episodes!
29th July 2006 01:34 PM
BILL PERKS I HAVE WATCHED ON PBS SINCE 1995
29th July 2006 08:04 PM
Highwire Rob Does anyone have a pic of Ethel and her pug, Willy?

Scenes with Ethel, Willy, and Dot--Those were my fav!

"Did you get the fig rolls...?"

"Has anyone seen my Willy?"

Here's one:
[Edited by Highwire Rob]
30th July 2006 07:48 AM
corgi37 I cant stand watching cheerless, bad toothed, pasty faced, whining Poms.

Is the old moll from the Carry On films still in it? Christ, she spent a pretty penny on her mug.

Neighbours rules!
30th July 2006 08:47 AM
Gazza
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I cant stand watching cheerless, bad toothed, pasty faced, whining Poms.

Is the old moll from the Carry On films still in it? Christ, she spent a pretty penny on her mug.

yes..and she still has a facial expression akin to a bulldog licking piss off a nettle
30th July 2006 10:18 PM
texile i used to love watching this because it showed me that british people had crappy jobs and drab towns like us.
this was pre-bbc so it was real novelty in those days.
31st July 2006 12:47 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
texile wrote:
i used to love watching this because it showed me that british people had crappy jobs and drab towns like us.
this was pre-bbc so it was real novelty in those days.

It's modelled on a REAL life square in an area of East London called Lime House. Apparently, it's almost identical. Eastenders should be realistic, but it isn’t. Like Coronation Street, it started off as quite a serious thing, but n now seems to slip into farce quite often.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)