ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Buffet #1 (NSC) Return to archive
July 21st, 2004 12:06 PM
justinkurian If a Jimmy Buffet album can reach number one, surely a new Stones album can do it. From Billboard:

Buffett Notches First No. 1 Album

Jimmy Buffett proves he isn't "wasting away" anywhere as he tops The Billboard 200 for the first time a career that has spanned more than three decades. The laid-back singer/songwriter's latest effort, "License to Chill" (RCA), debuts at No. 1 on first week U.S. sales of 234,000 copies, according the Nielsen SoundScan.

http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000581567
July 21st, 2004 12:15 PM
jb Smart to release it when no major artist released album...stupid ass Stones released 40 Licks which sold 364k first week, but lost to Elvis #1's....
July 21st, 2004 12:15 PM
Bloozehound first the Stone's have to release an album.

Buffett's bigger than ever now that he's been pallin' around with Alan Jackson. I sense most of it is hype, maybe not though, Buffett's managed to be one of the top concert attractions for decades due to his devoted, always growing party-hearty Parrothead cult.
July 21st, 2004 12:16 PM
Bloozehound JB are u a parrothead ?
July 21st, 2004 12:17 PM
telecaster Jimmy is getting the country cross over.

He has videos all over the country channel

jb whats up?

We don't talk anymore
July 21st, 2004 12:28 PM
Bloozehound Buffett's core audience has always been very country-ish, or at least "southern", but for some reason the country music powers-that-be snubbed him, his songs rarely got airplay. I'm not really sure whay this was.

July 21st, 2004 12:44 PM
jb
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Jimmy is getting the country cross over.

He has videos all over the country channel

jb whats up?

We don't talk anymore

Hi Tele,...heading to New York for a week tomorrow so I have been closing things out here at the office. I am sorry about how awful the cubs are playing ....I know you must also be disappointed in Ditka not running for senate..but got to hand it to that Ryan guy....his ex-wife was a hotty and I can only imagine the love they shared together....