ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: London Gallery to Document Sid and Nancy NSC Return to archive
July 20th, 2004 06:37 PM
Ten Thousand Motels London Gallery to Document Sid and Nancy

LONDON - A London art gallery plans to document the doomed punk romance between Sex Pistols bassist Sid Vicious and his girlfriend Nancy Spungen.

Among the items in a retrospective punk show opening at the Hospital gallery in September is a blood-splattered poster from room 100 of New York's Chelsea Hotel, where Vicious allegedly stabbed Spungen to death on Oct. 12, 1978.

Art dealer Paul Stolper and editor Andrew Wilson, who own a trove of original Pistols' posters, T-shirts and handwritten lyrics displayed in the show, told the Independent on Sunday newspaper that items from the couple's hotel room had been sold by Vicious' mother, Anne Beverley, who died in 1996.

They could not say where the blood on the poster for the Pistols' album "Never Mind the Bollocks" came from.

Vicious was charged with second-degree murder, but died of a heroin overdose, aged 21, before standing trial.

The gallery's show, which also includes clothes from the shop run by punk pioneers Malcolm McLaren and Vivienne Westwood, runs Sept. 24 to Jan. 23.
July 21st, 2004 02:05 AM
MarthaMyDear Thank you for this post, TTM, but FUCKING TALK ABOUT
TASTELESS!!! These people were HUMAN BEINGS, ALSO!!! Does
money really mean THAT MUCH?!?!?! JEZE!!! lol...............
Thanks for the info., though, 'cause I'll be going... JUST
PLAYING!!! LAUGHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!
Anyways, CARRY ON!!! lol...........
PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
July 22nd, 2004 02:26 PM
JakobGreen Looks like Malcolm McLaren is still trying to cash in.
July 22nd, 2004 09:23 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
MarthaMyDear wrote:
but FUCKING TALK ABOUT
TASTELESS!!!

Yeah I guess it is in a way. But people are "curious", they like to see the rare oddity, like that pic that SDH posted of that young lady viewing Rasputin's pickled penis in a jar. I got thinking about this sort of thing today talking to a friend of mine about the up coming county fair season. Back in the good old days when I was growing up they still had the "freak shows" and "Hootchie Coochie" shows. Tasteless for sure but it sure beat viewing pies and big pumpkins.
July 22nd, 2004 10:28 PM
sammy davis jr. Sid Vicious a human being? I think not.