ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ah, the eternal question of the last tour... Return to archive
July 19th, 2004 05:58 AM
FotiniD Take a look at what I found on http://www.studiowner.com/ (which by the way is a very good site with lots of Stones stories which Voja had brought to my attention some time ago and only now did I find time to read through! )

"Last summer � the summer of 1981 � the Rolling Stones came to Long View Farm in order to prepare for and rehearse their long-awaited and possibly last concert tour of the United States."

Just wanted to share this with you, after the discussions lately of "possible last tours" etc. The point is we can never tell with this band, some people always seem "certain" this is going to be the last time, but - thankfully - there's still some road to go.
July 19th, 2004 08:45 AM
gimmekeef One year I camped out in the streets of Toronto for 3 days to buy Stones tickets fearing that they might not be touring anymore.....The date was May 1972.....
July 19th, 2004 12:57 PM
Soldatti Well, longer tour days are comming to end for me. They are very old now. They will do shows on the future, not long tours. I mean 2 weeks on the US west coast, 2 weeks on England, 2 weeks on Germany... all with more long breaks between, 1-2 weeks between "short" tours.
[Edited by Soldatti]
July 19th, 2004 01:00 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Well, longer tour days are comming to end for me. They are very old now. They will do shows on the future, not long tours. I mean 2 weeks on the US west coast, 2 weeks on England, 2 weeks on Germany... all with more long breaks between, 1-2 weeks between "short" tours.
[Edited by Soldatti]

Indeed, and a cock for Brazil and Argentina! I just hope the next tour, early 2005 starts here.
July 19th, 2004 01:19 PM
Soldatti
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
Indeed, and a cock for Brazil and Argentina! I just hope the next tour, early 2005 starts here.

Of course brother, we are waiting here!
I think that this intinerary is after the end of the next tour, 2006-2007...
July 19th, 2004 02:40 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

Of course brother, we are waiting here!
I think that this intinerary is after the end of the next tour, 2006-2007...

I'd rather die first....

We hadn't have our "licks nights"....so would be nice if the next tour could start in US and Argentina/Brazil after....
July 19th, 2004 02:53 PM
jb Thanks fotini d!!!
July 19th, 2004 05:07 PM
christijanus very good site! very good music on it! the sound of it is almost brighter then the CD Unknown Dreams with this session on it
July 19th, 2004 05:08 PM
christijanus very good site! very good music on it! the sound of it is almost brighter then the CD Unknown Dreams with this session on it
July 19th, 2004 05:39 PM
Soldatti
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
I'd rather die first....

We hadn't have our "licks nights"....so would be nice if the next tour could start in US and Argentina/Brazil after....

They will come here before of that dates!, around the end of the next year. I don't think that the tour will start on South America, don't have sense for me. The press and publicity is always more important on US. That why 1981-89-94-97-99 and 2002 were always first on the States and then the rest of the world.