ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: U2 New Tracks Missing Return to archive Page: 1 2
July 15th, 2004 03:55 PM
gimmekeef Just read where the Edge said a CD with several new U2 tracks is missing in France.The tracks are supposed to be on their new album for November release.Bet the booters are salivating with this news if the disc is truly missing.I wonder then with a new release in November that a tour in 2005 would seem probable and that it might effect Stones dates etc.(they tend to use some of the same people I believe)
July 15th, 2004 05:01 PM
Some Guy I think their new album will be good, All that You can't leave behind is damn good. Thanks for the news.
July 15th, 2004 05:19 PM
Poplar
agreed Some Guy. ATYCLB was a subtle masterpiece. From what I've read about the upcoming album - it's very Edge driven... which is a great indication of more brilliance. As much as i love Keith (and Trey) - it was honestly Edge that made me say "shit - i want to learn how to play a guitar." that was a long time ago, but i still revisit U2 every now and then. Also, their last tour was fucking awesome. just awesome.
July 15th, 2004 05:24 PM
Poplar
hey GimmieKeith - where did you read this?
I wanna run this story tonight on my show.

July 15th, 2004 05:26 PM
Poplar
GOT IT!!!

http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000579074
July 15th, 2004 05:52 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Poplar wrote:

hey GimmieKeith - where did you read this?
I wanna run this story tonight on my show.

what show?
July 15th, 2004 06:00 PM
Gazza >Just read where the Edge said a CD with several new U2 tracks is missing in France.The tracks are supposed to be on their new album for November release.Bet the booters are salivating with this news if the disc is truly missing.I wonder then with a new release in November that a tour in 2005 would seem probable and that it might effect Stones dates etc.(they tend to use some of the same people I believe)

they do indeed use a lot of the same crew and as a result they try and avoid both acts being in the same market at the same time..

Supposedly, U2's tour will probably be opening in Florida in March, with European shows likely to follow in May-June.

Draw your own conclusions from that!
July 15th, 2004 06:01 PM
Poplar
I produce television newscasts.
Now in Sacramento - but for the previous five years i was producing in Charlotte.

July 15th, 2004 06:08 PM
Gazza hey Poplar - I hope you credit a poster on "Rocks Off - the leading Rolling Stones message board" as your source

Plug ! Plug!
July 15th, 2004 07:01 PM
Poplar
HA - can't do that with this story. but if RO breaks some stones tour news i could certainly slip us in under those circumstances.

however - i (by coincidence) have Joshua Tree in my car - so after the U2 story tonight i'm gonan go to break with "Still Havn't Found" playing...

sometimes - work is fun.
July 15th, 2004 08:42 PM
glencar Now U2 has their "great lost album"! Just like some otehr noted masters of rawk.
July 15th, 2004 11:15 PM
Mottrush
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Just read where the Edge said a CD with several new U2 tracks is missing in France.The tracks are supposed to be on their new album for November release.Bet the booters are salivating with this news if the disc is truly missing.I wonder then with a new release in November that a tour in 2005 would seem probable and that it might effect Stones dates etc.(they tend to use some of the same people I believe)

Let's hope they lose the rest of the album too..never to surface again!!!
July 16th, 2004 12:52 AM
Poplar
quote:
Mottrush wrote:
Let's hope they lose the rest of the album too..never to surface again!!!

please. to suggest this band is no good is simply out of line. remember the 80s, when even the stones blew? That's when U2 was kicking beautiful music. Joshua Tree was a masterpiece in an era of total krap. They've earned plenty of respect.

July 16th, 2004 01:02 AM
Mottrush
quote:
Poplar wrote:

please. to suggest this band is no good is simply out of line. remember the 80s, when even the stones blew? That's when U2 was kicking beautiful music. Joshua Tree was a masterpiece in an era of total krap. They've earned plenty of respect.

Sorry! Just not my cup of tea.

Cheers,

Mottrush
July 16th, 2004 01:39 AM
Poplar
cheers indeed. try Zooropa - good cerebral album.

July 16th, 2004 03:40 AM
justforyou These rock nicknames:
'Hey, The Edge, pass me the disc'
'Yeah sure thing Bono'
July 17th, 2004 10:36 AM
Sir Stonesalot I don't mind U2's music....but Bono is a twat.
July 19th, 2004 10:19 AM
Joey

Ya's knows , reading this story of how U2 has either lost or had stolen an unfinished copy of their new LP has got me thinking .......( and that is NOT necessarily such a good thing ) :

What if you were in NYC and popped into Starbucks for a cup of coffee and you see on the table next to you an unmarked CD. Nobody is around, you look to see if somebody left it. Nobody. You pop in your CD Walkman and ....OH....MY....GOD!! Is that THE ROLLING STONES ? What song is this???? You then hear ten more tracks and you discover you have the new tunes Mick and Keith have been writing for the new disc .

The " Rocks Off " Question is:

A.) Do you try to contact Mick and Keith or their management?
B.) Do you keep it for your own private eargasms?
C.) Do you rent out Roseland and have a Stones' listening party?
D.) Do you become an Ebay whore and sell it for $$$$
E.) Do you be a Bono ( twat ) and give it to the Starbucks clerk and leave.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !

Developing ............................

W- W- W- W- What ?!?!?! What would " The Joey " do ?!?!

Why , I'd copy it three times and send one each to Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman -- Tell them to finish it off for the band ..... Then keep the other one and barter it for sexual favors ..... Those would be the right moves.

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Jacky !
July 19th, 2004 10:25 AM
Some Guy It looks like Joey layed up with that post. Lets see what he does next.
July 19th, 2004 11:09 AM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
It looks like Joey layed up with that post. Lets see what he does next.

Thanks Some Guy .................................

Now that the enormity of the " 10K " pressure has been removed from my shoulders -- a " Kinder , Gentler " Joey has re-emerged replete with heightened cognitive thought processes stimulated by an awareness that " Irrelevance is a crime WORSE than absurdity " !

Frisky !
July 19th, 2004 12:00 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Joey wrote:
What if you were in NYC and popped into Starbucks for a cup of coffee and you see on the table next to you an unmarked CD. Nobody is around, you look to see if somebody left it. Nobody. You pop in your CD Walkman and ....OH....MY....GOD!! Is that THE ROLLING STONES ? What song is this???? You then hear ten more tracks and you discover you have the new tunes Mick and Keith have been writing for the new disc .

The " Rocks Off " Question is:

A.) Do you try to contact Mick and Keith or their management?
B.) Do you keep it for your own private eargasms?
C.) Do you rent out Roseland and have a Stones' listening party?
D.) Do you become an Ebay whore and sell it for $$$$
E.) Do you be a Bono ( twat ) and give it to the Starbucks clerk and leave.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !

Developing ............................

You know, Joey's in fine shape today! Mind-boggling question... What would I do? Oh, I know! 1) copy it for my private pleasure (ha! of course I would!), 2) make a few more copies for trusted friends, 3) and only then contact Mick and Keith! Let's see what they'd give to get it back. Maybe I'd settle for a cozy candlelight dinner? Or would I be noble and make *them* book Roseland and have the Stones do a fan-only concert??? Tantalizing!
July 19th, 2004 01:46 PM
Joey " You know, Joey's in fine shape today! Mind-boggling question... "

Thanks Monkey Woman ................I would like to nuzzle you .
July 19th, 2004 02:12 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:
" You know, Joey's in fine shape today! Mind-boggling question... "

Thanks Monkey Woman ................I would like to nuzzle you .

July 19th, 2004 02:15 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

For
July 19th, 2004 02:16 PM
Joey

Everything I do in life I do for ...........................and you ?!?!?!
July 19th, 2004 02:18 PM
jb Joey , we will do it for
July 19th, 2004 02:21 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Joey , we will do it for

Agreed My Brother

Over !
July 19th, 2004 02:21 PM
jb Arafat hates
July 19th, 2004 02:25 PM
Joey

Saddam Hussein STILL hate

.....North Korean Leader Kim Jong Ill is indifferent towards
July 19th, 2004 03:02 PM
nankerphelge Joey that was a thought-provoking post.

I would hold the CD hostage -- the Stones could have it back if:

1) They grant us full amnesty for everything we ask;
2) All of RO gets it own private tour jet to take us to every show of the tour (stocked to the gills with primo hootch and chiba);
3) We all get lodging at the local Daze Inn;
4) We all get front row seats to each show;
5 We get a private RO-only chibapartyBBQadrinkapicnic with the Stones -- they can even play if they want!

That's not unreasonable is it?
Page: 1 2