ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: How the Stones should go out Return to archive Page: 1 2
July 15th, 2004 03:42 PM
MikeyC613 Tour with cheap tickets
New album supporting it
Charlie Watts' knighting
Bill Wyman's return

July 15th, 2004 03:48 PM
caro Bill J. J. Clinton's introduction speech to their farewell concert : "Incredible how they could last 278 years..."
July 15th, 2004 03:50 PM
jb Mick Taylor joining them on satge for a stirring rendition of "Bye, Bye Johnny".
July 15th, 2004 03:56 PM
F505 No background vocals, no brass section, no Chuck Leavell... and Keith Richards solo only if he plays Coming Down Again.
July 15th, 2004 04:21 PM
shakedhandswithkeith
quote:
F505 wrote:
No background vocals, no brass section, no Chuck Leavell... and Keith Richards solo only if he plays Coming Down Again.

You are so right!!!!!!!!!!!!
July 15th, 2004 04:25 PM
F505 thx shwk!
July 15th, 2004 04:58 PM
shakedhandswithkeith and Mac back on the piano and open with "Let`s spend the night together"!
July 15th, 2004 05:04 PM
Some Guy
quote:
F505 wrote:
thx shwk!

I like your tagline.
July 15th, 2004 05:17 PM
Bloozehound Dumped outta the cargo bay door of a B-52 riding atop a nuclear bomb ala Slim Pickens in Dr. Stranglove, screaming "Yippee-ki-yaaay, muthafawker!!! Yeee-Hawww!!!"
July 15th, 2004 06:36 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
jb wrote:
Mick Taylor joining them on satge for a stirring rendition of "Bye, Bye Johnny".

Now *that* would rock. I'd pay their regular ticket price to see that.

Why didn't Mick Taylor guest at the Astoria? The more I think about it, the cooler it would have been to have all of the Stones's surviving guitarists on stage... ah well.
[Edited by TheSavageYoungXyzzy]
July 15th, 2004 07:25 PM
Gimme Shelter Here is a proposed final setlist if and when the Stones have their final show.

SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL
HAVE YOU SEEN YOUR MOTHER, BABY, STANDING IN THE SHADOW
ALL DOWN THE LINE
CAROL
DOWN THE ROAD APIECE
I DON�T KNOW WHY
DANDILION
SLAVE
BLINDED BY RAINBOWS
YOU GOTTA MOVE
MIDNIGHT RAMBLER
HONKY TONK WOMEN
YOU GOT THE SILVER
COMING DOWN AGAIN
HAPPY
GIMME SHELTER
BLUE TURNS TO GREY
SITTIN� ON A FENCE
MOTHER�S LITTLE HELPER
STRAY CAT BLUES
CAN�T YOU HEAR ME KNOCKING
THE LAST TIME
BROWN SUGAR

1ST ENCORE:
YOU CAN�T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
SALT OF THE EARTH
JUMPIN� JACK FLASH

2ND ENCORE:
CHILD OF THE MOON
TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE
SATISFACTION

July 15th, 2004 07:52 PM
beer "How the Stones should go out?"

Well, first and foremost they need to all buy some Nike sneakers. Then Mick, Ronnie, Keith and Charlie need to castrate each other. Then they all will consume a poisonous cocktail, climb into bunkbeds and die, in a group suicide. Only to be reborn aboard a space ship that is flying behind the Hail Bop Comet. They will continue on as The Greatest Rock and Roll band in the Universe, for all Eternity.
July 15th, 2004 08:40 PM
glencar I hear they're "going out" in Philly's Trocadero next February.
July 15th, 2004 09:29 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
Here is a proposed final setlist if and when the Stones have their final show.

SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL
HAVE YOU SEEN YOUR MOTHER, BABY, STANDING IN THE SHADOW
ALL DOWN THE LINE
CAROL
DOWN THE ROAD APIECE
I DON�T KNOW WHY
DANDILION
SLAVE
BLINDED BY RAINBOWS
YOU GOTTA MOVE
MIDNIGHT RAMBLER
HONKY TONK WOMEN
YOU GOT THE SILVER
COMING DOWN AGAIN
HAPPY
GIMME SHELTER
BLUE TURNS TO GREY
SITTIN� ON A FENCE
MOTHER�S LITTLE HELPER
STRAY CAT BLUES
CAN�T YOU HEAR ME KNOCKING
THE LAST TIME
BROWN SUGAR

1ST ENCORE:
YOU CAN�T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
SALT OF THE EARTH
JUMPIN� JACK FLASH

2ND ENCORE:
CHILD OF THE MOON
TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE
SATISFACTION

After that all of they will die from a heart attack...
29 songs?
They only can play 19-20 and with a lot of struggle.
July 15th, 2004 10:01 PM
corgi37 There is only 1 real way to go out. A free concert on each continent. Ending with a massive 3 + hours show in Central Park. Televised free around the world. There is no point asking Bill, as he would never do it. Taylor might, though. He doesnt go around bagging them like Bill does.

And, yeah, ditch the side men/women. The novelty has worn off.
July 16th, 2004 03:55 AM
IanBillen Opener
1. Start off set with Mick's solo track "Lucky in Love"

Keith's Mid-show stunt
2. Have Keith attempt to play Van-Halen's "Eruption" instead of his two song current solo performance.

Encore
3.Have a triple effort featuring Sir Elton John, Billy Joel, and Chuck Levell all on Keys and have them play "Piano Man". That way everyone in the stadium would collapse and parish from disgust so Stones fans could pass-on with their band...that last one should do even the strongest in.

Ian
July 16th, 2004 04:31 AM
F505
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

I like your tagline.

And I like yours
July 16th, 2004 10:55 AM
Ten Thousand Motels "You never count your money when you're sitting at the table there'll time enough for counting when the dealings done"

Well when it's finally over the accountants can make a (semi)final tally. The boys sure socked away a few bucks. Not bad!!!

July 16th, 2004 11:13 AM
jb Keith and Sir Elton playing sharades with Elton trying to portray an arthritic monkey.....
July 17th, 2004 01:57 PM
littleredrooster Mick Taylor on Bye,Bye, Johnnie?????
That was a Keith riff!
The illegitimate son of Chuck Berry's showcase!

Roostah's History of the Stones 101
July 19th, 2004 07:17 PM
mickmask I'd like to see a revolving stage (no bad seats), and a giant lips/tongue set that opens at the start of the show.. tongue rolls out, much like a red carpet, and the boys walk out one by one,(only the boys). I'd love to see them dressed like they used to, complete with spandex ect, and the setlist must include:

1.Angie
2.Paint It Black
3.SFTD
4.Honkey Tonk Woman
5.Dandelion
6.Ruby Tuesday
7.You Can't Always Get What You Want
8.Wild Horses
9.Start Me Up
10. Satisfaction
11. J.J. Flash
12. Miss You
13. Midnight Rambler
14. She's Like a Rainbow (yeah, I know, but I love it!)
15. Brown Sugar
16. Time Is On My Side
17. Under My Thumb

.... at least!!!

Whatever they do should personify them as their public has seen them throughout the years.
Roll On... boys.
mm.
July 19th, 2004 08:58 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
jb wrote:
Mick Taylor joining them on satge for a stirring rendition of "Bye, Bye Johnny".

PERFECT, I SURELY WILL DIE!!! JUST LISTEN THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS DOING THAT CIRCA 72/73. THE GREATEST ROCK'N'ROLL BAND IN THE WORLD!

But, being reasonable, they simply should NOT go out
July 19th, 2004 09:37 PM
Egbert No spandex.
July 19th, 2004 10:03 PM
mickmask
quote:
Egbert wrote:
No spandex.

Oh, C'mon!
Ok, Lycra!!

mm.
July 19th, 2004 10:52 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Egbert wrote:
No spandex.

No...
July 20th, 2004 03:31 AM
beer Ladies and Gentleman '72. Mick T and Keith trade off rythm and leads on Bye Bye Johnny, one of the best Stones moments in my opinion.

Also Taylors solo on Love in Vain, one of the best guitar moments i've ever seen. imo. I've seen tons of other guitar players but Taylor had something that no one else had.
July 20th, 2004 12:10 PM
gimmekeef How they should go out?...Well perhaps playing a small intimate gig in my basement...with a few hundred thousand of my friends!!!!!!!
July 20th, 2004 01:23 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
How they should go out?...Well perhaps playing a small intimate gig in my basement...with a few hundred thousand of my friends!!!!!!!

Priceless!
July 20th, 2004 01:36 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
F505 wrote:
No background vocals, no brass section, no Chuck Leavell... and Keith Richards solo only if he plays Coming Down Again.

I agree one hundred percent... anyway, I believe that it's more easy to happen Taylor and Bill joining them onstage, wait.... it's more easy Hendrix onstage, no no, wait.... forget....

we are forced to take that FUCK LEAVELL, bearded, breasted, bastard.....CUT OFF THAT BEARD YOU BEGGAR!!!

WOw, have you noticed how many B's I've used?!?! I'm an asshole!
July 20th, 2004 03:10 PM
F505
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
we are forced to take that FUCK LEAVELL, bearded, breasted, bastard.....CUT OFF THAT BEARD YOU BEGGAR!!!

WOw, have you noticed how many B's I've used?!?! I'm an asshole!

LOOOOOOL
Page: 1 2