ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Loud, lewd, and lascivious NYC 8/5 11pm Return to archive
July 12th, 2004 03:46 PM
The Rolling Bones The Rolling Bones will be loud, lewd, and lascivious at the Red Lion on Bleecker St. Thursday August 5th 11pm - you'll fit right in. We proudly request your accompaniment.

We're taking requests - any suggestions?
July 12th, 2004 05:29 PM
Joey
quote:
The Rolling Bones wrote:
The Rolling Bones will be loud, lewd, and lascivious at the Red Lion on Bleecker St. Thursday August 5th 11pm - you'll fit right in. We proudly request your accompaniment.

We're taking requests - any suggestions?

July 13th, 2004 11:28 AM
glencar Do it the Friday after. I'll be outta town on the 5th Aug.
July 13th, 2004 04:32 PM
The Rolling Bones Aww c'mon, previous engagements are no reason to miss a Bones show.

ps: That's requests for songs, not for change of venue or date.
July 13th, 2004 11:48 PM
glencar LOL This one is. Please keep us advised in the future. Normally I don't bother with tribute bands but this could be fun.
July 14th, 2004 08:53 AM
The Rolling Bones That's the spirit! We don't really think of ourselves as a tribute band anyway, just so happens that we all *love* the Stones, play instruments and enjoy partying a few times a month.

We promise to keep you in the loop.

The Rolling Bones
www.rollingbones.org
July 14th, 2004 11:49 AM
glencar Thanks!
July 14th, 2004 04:45 PM
Some Guy Do you ever play in Atlanta?
July 14th, 2004 10:45 PM
corgi37 Coming to Melbourne? We need a Stones band here. Tribute bands used to be huge here about 10 years ago. There were 2 Abba bands, a U2 band, GnR band, 2 Doors bands, a ac/dc band, Cold Chisel band, Beatles (ugh!), Madonna - but never a Stones band! Odd, really. Oh, and a Mellancamp and Creedance bands too. But, they all died out. Now its all disco again and Poker machines. I aint too fussed. I'm too old to go out now anyway. Funny how things change. 5 years ago table top dancing was all the rage. Now, sadly, thats dying out too.

Even the traditional pub strip shows are going, going. I tell ya, sometimes progress aint all its cracked up to be.
July 15th, 2004 12:06 AM
glencar Mellencamp sucks! I'm sure a tribute band would only be an improvement on the real thang.
July 17th, 2004 08:56 AM
The Rolling Bones We'd go to Melbourne just to see the Madonna tribute band

Haven't planned the Oceania leg of the world tour yet, frankly it's not even on the drawing board. (Even though I'll be in NZ next January) - Maybe if you're in New York sometime? & Atlanta, know any venues down there that might be appropriate for our particular type of entertainment?

The Rolling Bones
www.rollingbones.org