ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Townshend vs. Moore (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
July 13th, 2004 10:35 AM
Joey
" since when is pete such a pussy that he needs to say he feels bullied? jesus, is this really the same guy that used to come to blows with roger and the ox. what the hell happened to him? he sounds like a whiny b*tch now. "

He is currently the BEST LIVE LEAD GUITAR PLAYER ON THE PLANET !!!!

Word !

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJerky G.I. Joe !
July 13th, 2004 10:46 AM
glencar I have new-found respect for Petey.
July 13th, 2004 10:52 AM
Jumping Jack m_d,
You are cretainly entitled to your opinion of Bush and Townsend. However, glorifying someone like Moore and his lies, slander, and profitering from the ignorant and those too lazy to verify the accuracy of his claims is not something to be proud of in my opinion.

Joey,
Repeating Pete is the greatest living guitarist 25 times may be the most noble way to reach 10,000!!!

July 13th, 2004 10:59 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
I have new-found respect for Petey.

Blue ..................I would like to caress your kneecaps .
July 13th, 2004 11:00 AM
glencar Caress Jumpy Jack's too! he's a great new poster.
July 13th, 2004 08:52 PM
mac_daddy well, jj, if people can't decipher the message from the messenger, i can't help it if they get misled. and yes, i will cede that moore's films are much closer to commentary than they are to documentary - if you believe that true documentaries should have no bias, etc.

personally, i think they both are crying like children, andthey both are doing it for $$$. the difference is, we always knew where moore was coming from. petey stood tall and firm against alot of the same sh*t he is now espousing. look, i am an aging hippy, too. but just because i have more responsibilities, and earn more money, i haven't forsaken the values and compassion that were hallmarks of that hippy mentality - and no, i am not talking about free drugs and sex

so while moore is not much more than a liberal filmaker, who aggressively pursues(sp) his own agenda, pete townsend (there is no H) was once something much more important and relevant. he has fallen much farther, and it is a cryin' shame.

____

i swear i am not trying to antagonize y'all (you know i like each and every one of you), but...

petey is not, nor has he ever been, a lead guitarist. he was once one of the best rhythm guitarists around, and at one time he was a helluva songwriter and lyricist. but a lead guitarist he is not (in the true sense of the term)...

lead guitar players currently touring who have the chops to absolutely smoke petey's skills include (off the top of my head)...

trey anastasio
warren haynes
eric clapton
audley freed
jimmy herring

quote:
glencar wrote:
Caress Jumpy Jack's too! he's a great new poster.

great poster - yes new? i don't think so. you know he is the cat that has been seeding all of those wonderful dvds over @ shidoobee, right..?

[Edited by mac_daddy]
July 13th, 2004 11:42 PM
glencar I did not know that! But he makes a lot of sense, politically speaking. As for M. Moore, I'm not sure how liberal he is. He's more just a provocative asshole.
July 14th, 2004 06:20 AM
Jumping Jack Common ground - Clapton is on top of his game this time around. Catch a show if you can. Peace.

Talking about good guitarists, the MT DVD at the Roadhouse 1990 will be treed on Shidoobee today in honor of the historic 10,000th post.

Maybe JB will want to nuzzle my elbows too, LOL!
July 14th, 2004 08:04 AM
beer
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Common ground - Clapton is on top of his game this time around. Catch a show if you can. Peace.

Talking about good guitarists, the MT DVD at the Roadhouse 1990 will be treed on Shidoobee today in honor of the historic 10,000th post.

Maybe JB will want to nuzzle my elbows too, LOL!

Is it possible for miserable me to get a Mick T DVD?
It's high time that Mick T gets credited with his true title: GUITAR GOD.I've seen tons of guitar players, no one even comes close to Taylor.In my wacky opinion, Mick T is one of the VERY BEST. His tone alone blows minds.
July 14th, 2004 08:28 AM
Jumping Jack Just sign up for the tree when it is posted later today.

http://p081.ezboard.com/fshidoobeewithstonesdougfrm219
July 14th, 2004 10:54 AM
Hannalee [quote pete townsend (there is no H) [/quote]

Since when?

There isn't one in Entwistle I'll grant you, and the one in Townshend is silent, but it's definitely there; thus -
http://www.petetownshend.co.uk/
July 14th, 2004 11:16 AM
telecaster Pete isn't the only one pissed at Moore. Ray Bradbury
is extremely pissed that Moore stole the title without asking

Bradbury called Moore several times before the release to ask Moore NOT to use the title

Moore never called. The day of the release Moore finally called and told him he would consider changing the name at Bradburys request and would call him back later that day
to give him a decision

To this day Moore, being a piece of vaginal afterbirth didn't have the courage to call Ray back.

So he stole the title anyway

Good for Pete
July 14th, 2004 11:17 AM
telecaster Oops, forgot to wish John Kerry a Happy Bastille Day
July 14th, 2004 11:28 AM
Jumping Jack Too funny!!!
July 14th, 2004 11:39 AM
glencar
He is busy at the botox clinic this morning.
July 14th, 2004 02:23 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:

He is busy at the botox clinic this morning.

Hey , don't make fun of that loser .

July 14th, 2004 08:45 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Hannalee wrote:

Since when?

There isn't one in Entwistle I'll grant you, and the one in Townshend is silent, but it's definitely there; thus -
http://www.petetownshend.co.uk/

i stand corrected - thanks, hannalee.
July 15th, 2004 09:46 AM
Joey

Please see " The Petey " at the Hollywood Bowl this August and thank the Joey later .

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

D. J. Jercee Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !
July 15th, 2004 09:48 AM
glencar He ought to do that Neil Young song!
July 15th, 2004 09:49 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
He ought to do that Neil Young song!

***** Blank Stare ******

" Hey Hey ......My My Ronnie ! "

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJerky Boy
July 15th, 2004 09:50 AM
glencar Keep On Rocking In The Free World. BTW Noted liberal Molly Ivins was just on TV & said that the M. Moore movie was pretty much a waste.
July 15th, 2004 09:53 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
BTW Noted liberal Molly Ivins was just on TV & said that the M. Moore movie was pretty much a waste.

The movie is pure propaganda ....................but very POWERFUL propaganda .

I smell a " Tet Offensive " coming soon .................and you ?!?!?! ....Blue ?!?!

July 15th, 2004 09:54 AM
glencar I smell a limited democracy with small bore insurgency against their fellow Iraqis going on for years. In other words, things have changed.
July 15th, 2004 10:32 AM
Jumping Jack If there is any justice in this world, Moore will go to Iraq to run his anti-american mouth, get captured, have his head cut off on video and it would be used as a democratic fundraiser. I would pay $7.50 to see that!
July 15th, 2004 10:35 AM
glencar I'll wait for the DVD.
July 15th, 2004 11:03 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'll wait for the DVD.

I'll wait for THIS :

" I remember being richer than a king
The minutes of the day were golden
I recall that when the joint passed round
My body felt a little colder
But now I'm like a sewer channel - running lime and scag
Let me get at the master panel - let me at my stack

The sea refuses no river
And right now this river's banks are blown
The sea refuses no river
Whether stinking and rank
Or red from the tank
Whether pure as a spring
There's no damned thing stops the poem
The sea refuses no river
And this river is homeward flowing. "

July 16th, 2004 11:38 AM
Ten Thousand Motels [quote]Jumping Jack wrote:
>If there is any justice in this world,<
I guess the short answer is no.

>Moore will go to Iraq to run his anti-american mouth, get captured, have his head cut off on video and it would be used as a democratic fundraiser.<

I thought dissent was as American as apple pie.
July 16th, 2004 02:46 PM
Jumping Jack Dissent is fine, honest disagreement over policy matters is fine, SLANDER IS NOT.

As was stated earlier, just because you dislike an individual personally, do not agree with their politics, or have some other heartburn does not make it acceptable to lie, slander, and dream up the wildest fantasies for profit or to further one's political agenda?

Major portions (accusations) in Moore's movie are factually incorrect. Even the intellectual elite on the left conceed most of the movie is untrue.

Sadly, the liberal championing of the degradation of our morals, ethics, and personal accountibility coupled with the ineffectiveness of our legal system has resulted in a climate where slander is now as American as apple pie. Some support of this sort of anarchy, I do not.

Michael Moore should be exposed as the self-serving, lying, morally bankrupt vilian that he is, rather than being portrayed as a hero by the ignorant.
July 17th, 2004 04:14 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Dissent is fine, honest disagreement over policy matters is fine, SLANDER IS NOT.

Tell that to Dick Cheney, Rush Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Robert Murdoch and the whole bunch at Fox News!
July 17th, 2004 05:40 AM
Jumping Jack Thank you for your wine California.
Page: 1 2 3