ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy !!
After August 1st rehearsals
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Great News! Return to archive
July 29th, 2005 09:48 AM
Maxlugar Second quarter GDP grew 3.4 pecent!

The government's first estimate of the quarter's gross domestic product, the value of all goods and services produced in the U.S., compares with a 3.8 percent gain in the first three months of the year, the Commerce Department reported today.

The string of quarterly growth increases exceeding 3 percent is the longest since the 13 quarters ended in the first three months of 1986! A Bigger Bang! Boom!

Consumers boosted spending on automobiles and other big-ticket goods (Like Rolling Stones tickets) at a 8.3 percent pace in the second quarter, the biggest increase since the third quarter of 2004.

Spending on housing projects rose at a 9.8 percent pace in the second quarter. That was up from a 9.5 percent pace in the previous quarter and highlighted the booming housing market's contribution to economic growth. Sweet!

With the economy on solid footing, the nation's job market continues to plug ahead. The unemployment rate dropped to 5 percent in June, a nearly four year low!

What does all this jibberty jabberty mean to you?

It means go ahead, buy more Stones tickets!

I think I’ll go out today and get some more tickys and not even use them! Gluttony is back in vogue!

Nice move Cohl! Nice move.

STONES!!!!
July 29th, 2005 10:00 AM
Ten Thousand Motels That bubble is going to explode pretty quick. It's only a matter of time. The future is morgaged. I'm glad I ain't going to be around to help pay the bill.
July 29th, 2005 10:04 AM
Jair I'm touched.
Thank you Max.
Btw, did you see while international companies scramble to tap into China's booming markets, some corporations in the Middle Kingdom are looking the other way?

Yeeeeeessssss!!!! The chairman of one of China's largest providers of management and accounting software, Wang Wenjing from UFIDA Software, has his eyes set far beyond his office in the capital's "Silicon Alley."

UFIDA plans to become Asia's leading software vendor by 2006.

It already has offices in Hong Kong and Japan, and later this year it will launch branches and joint ventures in other Asian countries.

"This is a global market full of international competition. We need to build up our ability to compete internationally. And we need to be able to further expand both our business and markets," Wang told.

To do this Wang is calling on American know-how to help take his UFIDA software global.

He hired Richard Stewart, who used to work for Germany's Siemens -- he knows China, its markets and is fluent in Mandarin.

"There are some things that we will have to overcome, in terms of reputation and in terms of acceptance of a product from a Chinese company. But I think it is slowly changing," says Stewart.

China's oil firm CNOOC and its bid for the U.S. firm Unocal highlights the fact that Chinese firms are not just interested in exporting, they are also interested in buying overseas assets, growing brands and competing at an international level.

And the Chinese government is encouraging them to do so, but even major players often lack international experience -- this is where international firms come in.

UFIDA sent Stewart to a seminar in Beijing by U.S. law firm White and Case to find out about getting government approval for overseas expansion and how to pay taxes in other countries.

"Chinese companies are learning that having a good team of advisors, not just lawyers, but accountants, bankers and public relations people, can be invaluable," says John Leary from White and Case.

"That is because it is not simply a matter of contracts, but there is also a lot of strategy."

CNOOC found out that its overseas aspirations had as much to do with politics as business.

Wang hopes that when UFIDA is ready to make a bid for a U.S. company, it will be in a less politically charged atmosphere.

"I like to say business is business. It is a benefit for both of us," says Wang.

It is not just about having the "made in China" label on the shelf, it is also about having a global headquarters based in China.

See?
I don't know, but I would like to say they're right, imo....
Go ahead, guys!!!!

July 29th, 2005 10:04 AM
FPM C10 Hey, happy birthday Maxy!

Too bad there isn't a political board somewhere to post this stuff on!

July 29th, 2005 10:05 AM
Joey [quote]Maxlugar wrote:
Second quarter GDP grew 3.4 pecent!

What does all this jibberty jabberty mean to you? "

www.OmahaMECA.com

Come .................. To the Joeykins !

Joe Sea Scroll ! ™

H.R. Puffin Joe ! ™

M. Jackyfly ! ™

W- W- W- W- What ?!?! ................oh , sure ! :

July 29th, 2005 10:15 AM
Maxlugar [quote]FPM C10 wrote:
Hey, happy birthday Maxy!

Too bad there isn't a political board somewhere to post this stuff on!

Jeez, I was just trying to lift people's spirits...

July 29th, 2005 10:21 AM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Jeez, I was just trying to lift people's spirits...

I would like to nibble your elbows .

Kins ! ™
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)