ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy !!
After August 1st rehearsals
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Oh No, Not Rough Justice Again Return to archive
July 28th, 2005 07:36 AM
Poplar
After taking a few days away from "it all," I had a few glasses of wine and gave RJ a good loud listen, followed by ONNYA. First thought - RJ is an awesome track, and ONNYA really could be. More importantly, it's quite clear these songs are siblings, much in the way Respectable and Lies were. The way Stray Cat Blues and Jigsaw Puzzle were... etc, etc. It got me to thinking: What if the Stones have managed to craft a new sound for Bang.

There was a '72 era sound, a late '70s sound, etc... I wasn’t a fan of stuff after Tattoo You, but THAT did have its own little feel. Then things drifted with Steel Wheels. Voodoo was it's own sound, and Babylon was an identity crisis of decent songs. I suspect Bang may be something solid. Suppose SOL is the worst track. That's simply a Mick solo song combined with a U2 song which results in a . Yes, i've warmed to this track a little bit.

Listen to RJ and ONNYA together, catch how fluid and comparable those two grooves are together, and try to imagine an album with a healthy helping that feel. I think that could be good stuff.
July 28th, 2005 07:45 AM
Monkeytonk-man I fuckin' love both of these songs - Think it's just me but 'Rough Justice' reminds me a lot of 'Rocks Off' although no-one else has mentioned it but I think it has the same feel. no bad thing.

also ONNYA is a good stompin' rocker - bring on the album before my ball bag burts.
July 28th, 2005 07:47 AM
Poplar
it's tough ain't it? those songs have such a familiar groove, and together, it just sounds like the tip of something really good, and cohesive.

July 28th, 2005 07:48 AM
lotsajizz Charlie

never better
July 28th, 2005 08:51 AM
exile The only critism I could give for ONNYA, is that in the middle of the song it gets a little repetative....maybe they could have sliped a bridge in there to break it up.

dont know if that has been mentioned

other than that small point I really like all songs Rough Justice my favourite
July 28th, 2005 09:12 AM
maumau "What if the Stones have managed to craft a new sound for Bang"

i really hope so, still i do
but SOL, i am afraid, is the answer:
no, we don't have a new sound but a collection of tunes
each in its own soundscape

still i hope SOL is unique
and i do think ONNYA and RJ are of the same breed and share the same soundscape, like most of somegirls or tattoo

let's hope

also i've heard that the other track that is going to be released to radio stations before the release of the album is back of my hand that is supposed to be the deltablues track that would fit perfectly in the image
July 28th, 2005 04:18 PM
Poplar
good news. a delta blues track would fit the mold.

somehow SOL doesn't stand out the more i hear it.
July 28th, 2005 04:26 PM
JaggerLips Somehow I think that this album is going to be a cracker!

ONNYA AND RJ are just pure rock and roll, they are messy and they have catchy lyrics. Charlie is mixed more to the front which is great, I love that!
Mick's voice is fantastic as ever.
Keith and Ronnie are playing again!

I am looking forward to 5th September, will have to try and buy it at the airport because I'm going to Italy then!
July 28th, 2005 06:38 PM
Some Guy it's starting to move me.
July 28th, 2005 10:50 PM
Poplar RJ moved me last night - big time.

999, baby!
[Edited by Poplar]
July 28th, 2005 10:55 PM
exile whether you like them or not you must admit both RJ and SOL chorus's are very catchy...I've had both in my head for the last few days at different times
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)