ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy !!
After August 1st rehearsals
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: voodoo..please leave this header up!! Return to archive Page: 1 2
July 27th, 2005 09:54 PM
LadyJane It's hypnotic.

Who is the photographer??

LJ.
July 27th, 2005 09:59 PM
kath it is pretty cool....mick's reflection is very well done.....while i think it is very "harry potter-esque" and pretty corporate, it's still good to see those boys all hangin' out together again......
July 27th, 2005 10:02 PM
corgi37 Awesome! Very fetching. Might make an occassional passer-by-would-be-casual-shopper say; "Hmmm, interesting cover. Rolling Stones you say?"
July 27th, 2005 10:05 PM
exile If this is the Cover of the album(maybe maybe not)

I wonder if it will have a title or left blank like that
(sometimes the covers are blank to be trendy if you know what I mean, just the image)

July 27th, 2005 10:39 PM
KeepRigid At the very least, it should be rotated, so that demonic Keith gets to spend a day at the top as well.
July 27th, 2005 10:57 PM
Soldatti I see hidden things on the cover, what about that clown/mask face with the tongue under Mick's candle?
July 27th, 2005 11:42 PM
MrPleasant I like your signature, exile.
July 27th, 2005 11:45 PM
Madafaka That pic is just awesome. I love it!
July 27th, 2005 11:47 PM
kath yeah...rotating it would be verry kewl......ANYBODY UP TO DOIN' THAT??

ooooo lookkeee

[Edited by kath]
July 27th, 2005 11:52 PM
kath on the other hand, the image also looks kinda like elton john.....
July 27th, 2005 11:52 PM
Soldatti It's a great cover, good choice.
July 28th, 2005 04:27 AM
Gazza
quote:
exile wrote:
If this is the Cover of the album(maybe maybe not)

I wonder if it will have a title or left blank like that
(sometimes the covers are blank to be trendy if you know what I mean, just the image)

it is indeed the album cover. Whether there will be lettering on it I'm not sure but Pauline (The Juf) at the FortyLicksFanClub in Holland sent us this photo and she was told by Virgin that it was the album cover.
July 28th, 2005 04:49 AM
FotiniD I guess it must be:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000A7Q27I/qid=1122540561/sr=8-3/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i2_xgl15/104-3219891-8647135?v=glance&s=music&n=507846

Now, do I pre-order it or will it reach the shop shelves sooner??? I'm going crazy here

It sure is a lovely idea for a cover. Amazing work there with the "bang" and the reflection... Great! I only wish we still had more vinyl around, this would look great as a big album cover.
[Edited by FotiniD]
July 28th, 2005 06:12 AM
Gazza depends where you live. Most major record shops will have the album available once they open on the day of release.

I like to have the record as soon as possible after the shops open . Some mail order companies will try and guarantee it'll be with you the day of release but most cant do that.

What makes it worse this time is that this new CD will probably have one of those copyright protected things that Live Licks had. So I could be buying the CD at 9 am and then find it wont play on my walkman , meaning I'd have to wait til I get home...aaaaaaaaaargh
July 28th, 2005 07:26 AM
bez85 reminds me of McCartney's album cover for Back To The Egg..
July 28th, 2005 01:18 PM
kath but when it's turned upside down, like it is above in that last post of mine, who IS that guy??? criswell?? no....brian?? no.......hmmmmmmmm
July 28th, 2005 01:25 PM
JaggerLips
quote:
Gazza wrote:

What makes it worse this time is that this new CD will probably have one of those copyright protected things that Live Licks had. So I could be buying the CD at 9 am and then find it wont play on my walkman , meaning I'd have to wait til I get home...aaaaaaaaaargh

You what?
How does that work?
July 28th, 2005 01:49 PM
Gazza LL has some copyright protection thing on it. It wont play on certain CD players. From what people were saying, it seemed to be a problem on car stereos and some personal stereos

However, I burned it to a CDR and THAT worked on my walkman. The original didnt
July 28th, 2005 02:54 PM
Joey
quote:
bez85 wrote:
reminds me of McCartney's album cover for Back To The Egg..

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friggin GREAT !!! The only album in recording history WORSE than Dirty Work !!!!!

Shiver .....................................

Why ?!?!

WHY ?!?!

WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?!

BACK TO THE EGG :

" Reception
Getting Closer
We're Open Tonight
Spin It On
Again And Again And Again
Old Siam, Sir
Arrow Through Me
Rockestra Theme
To You
After The Ball/Million Miles
Winter Rose/Love Awake
The Broadcast
So Glad To See You Here
Baby's Request
Daytime Nighttime Suffering *
Wonderful Christmas Time *
Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reggae *
* CD Bonus tracks "

Fritzkee ! ™

[ Edited by Macca ]

[Edited by Joey]
July 28th, 2005 03:15 PM
kath come ON you guys...help me out, here!! who is that guy in the reflection??
July 28th, 2005 03:46 PM
Joey
quote:
kath wrote:
come ON you guys...help me out, here!! who is that guy in the reflection??[img]

Baby Steelie

July 28th, 2005 03:51 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
Joey wrote:
Friggin GREAT !!! The only album in recording history WORSE than Dirty Work !!!!!

"IT'S HARD" to believe.
July 28th, 2005 03:58 PM
Joey
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:

"IT'S HARD" to believe.

W- W- W- W- What ?!?!

[ Edited by Steelie ]

[Edited by Joey]
July 28th, 2005 04:11 PM
MrPleasant CSM (Charles Shaar Murray): How’d you first meet the Clash?

PT (Townshend): Through Kosmo Vinyl, who used to work for [Who publicist] Keith Altham and of course, I know the old boy – Ian Dury – pretty well from Kilbum and the High Roads and it was through his involvement with their camp.

I got persuaded to go down to Brighton to see them live properly, and it was one of the best concerts I’ve ever seen. It was fucking incredible. They asked me to go on stage and play, which was a bit embarrassing because I’d only had London Calling about a week, and I wasn’t too sure of many of the chords, so I turned the guitar to one and just pretended. It was really exciting.

The Clash is still a young band. They’re working incredibly hard on the road, and so you can get patchy gigs, and I’m really glad that when I saw them it was as good as it was.

I liked their first album a lot, but one of the problems I have, see, playing albums at home, is that our house is quite small and Clash music needs to be played pretty loud and I can’t stand listening on headphones. And it disturbs the kids. I could never play “God Save the Queen” or any of that stuff; the kids would actually start to cry, get disturbed, get out their painting-by-numbers books and switch on Magpie to define reality. So I’d just stick it on a cassette in the car and blast myself while driving around.

http://www.thewho.net/articles/townshen/convers.htm
July 28th, 2005 04:12 PM
HellsRollingThunder Dear Kath:
When I look at it I see Ronnie, with his one hand up, Keith,
Mick and Charlie is next to Mick. Please say where you are
seeing the picture you speak of? I must be missing it. Thanks.

The top reflection or whatever it is does NOT appear to be the
same one at the bottom. They look like two different ones put
together, look real closely and see what ya all think.
[Edited by HellsRollingThunder]
July 28th, 2005 04:19 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Yesterday at http://rocksoff.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=2215 EL5°STONE posted this images, see the "reflection"

July 28th, 2005 04:27 PM
Joey
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
CSM (Charles Shaar Murray): How’d you first meet the Clash?

PT (Townshend): Through Kosmo Vinyl, who used to work for [Who publicist] Keith Altham and of course, I know the old boy – Ian Dury – pretty well from Kilbum and the High Roads and it was through his involvement with their camp.

I got persuaded to go down to Brighton to see them live properly, and it was one of the best concerts I’ve ever seen. It was fucking incredible. They asked me to go on stage and play, which was a bit embarrassing because I’d only had London Calling about a week, and I wasn’t too sure of many of the chords, so I turned the guitar to one and just pretended. It was really exciting.

The Clash is still a young band. They’re working incredibly hard on the road, and so you can get patchy gigs, and I’m really glad that when I saw them it was as good as it was.

I liked their first album a lot, but one of the problems I have, see, playing albums at home, is that our house is quite small and Clash music needs to be played pretty loud and I can’t stand listening on headphones. And it disturbs the kids. I could never play “God Save the Queen” or any of that stuff; the kids would actually start to cry, get disturbed, get out their painting-by-numbers books and switch on Magpie to define reality. So I’d just stick it on a cassette in the car and blast myself while driving around.

http://www.thewho.net/articles/townshen/convers.htm

I absolutely adore reading Charles Shear Murray's reviews of THE WHO ...............He is a great writer .

" It's a pity that THE CLASH broke up as I thought that they were a very good band ." ( Peter Denis Blandford Townshend , 1985 ).

July 28th, 2005 04:44 PM
JaggerLips Maybe the reflection is of Jesus?
July 28th, 2005 04:47 PM
kath no, the fuckin' virgin mary......
July 28th, 2005 07:05 PM
kath

i can't believe you guys don't see it...........
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)