ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy !!
After August 1st rehearsals
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bigger Bang Reported in British Daily Return to archive
July 27th, 2005 03:02 AM
Voodoo Scrounge The Daily Star today went to post with

"The Rolling Stones have called their new album Bigger Bang.
It has nothing to do with Mick Jaggers reputation, but was inspired by their fascination with the origin of the universe.
Out in september, the lengthy album will be preceded by a tour which kicks off in August."
July 27th, 2005 03:51 AM
Gazza most remarkable aspect of that report is that its the first time in 29 years that the Daily Star have mentioned the Stones in a sentence which doesnt include the oh-so-original expression "wrinkly rockers"
[Edited by Gazza]
July 27th, 2005 04:08 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I know. Maybe they have changed their ways. I have seen the guy who writes the colunm that this appears in a few times around gigs and so on. I think hes the only music journo I know who actually goes to see GOOD bands
July 27th, 2005 04:48 AM
Moonisup "but was inspired by their fascination with the origin of the universe."

what the fuck?
July 27th, 2005 06:33 AM
IanBillen [quote]Gazza wrote:
most remarkable aspect of that report is that its the first time in 29 years that the Daily Star have mentioned the Stones in a sentence which doesnt include the oh-so-original expression "wrinkly rockers"

I know! God I got kinda tired of that mention.

Ian
July 27th, 2005 07:05 AM
Gazza so did I

around 1982

thing is, each year its a new journalist or new reporter making the same lame wisecracks and acting like they've just invented them

Someone mentioned on another board that they'd heard some smartass say on the radio that the band were going to be called The Rolling Bones this tour. They said this as if it was some new joke. I think I first heard that in 1981.

Its kinda funny when I look back at old newspaper cuttings or news stories I have on video from previous tours going back to the late 70's or early 80's. Its all along the lines of "can you believe these old guys are still performing" as if the band had just discovered the riddle of the sphinx or something profound.

The stories and the angles never change - however whats notable is that the reporters do, even though theyre usually younger than the band are.

The Stones are like one of those duracell batteries. They keep going forever whilst all these journalists and reporters peter out and need replaced.

[Edited by Gazza]
July 27th, 2005 07:53 AM
corgi37 Wasnt there an article around 75 saying Jagger wanted to quit?
July 27th, 2005 07:57 AM
Lazy Bones Does any one e-mail these writers or papers? Let them know that their "cracks" are old, lame and boring. Challenge them to be more creative!

July 27th, 2005 07:58 AM
telecaster
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
"but was inspired by their fascination with the origin of the universe."

what the fuck?

we all know jb created the Universe. Just ask him

Case closed
July 27th, 2005 08:14 AM
Gazza
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Wasnt there an article around 75 saying Jagger wanted to quit?

he said one time he would quit when he was 33.

He said it as a joke, using a comparison with Jesus who also 'quit' at that age (although he hadnt much say in the matter!)

However, a lot of not-so-bright journalists took it seriously.

July 27th, 2005 08:17 AM
Gazza
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
"but was inspired by their fascination with the origin of the universe."

what the fuck?

uh, yeah...and apparently on the press release it says they thought of the title last year

Obviously no one told Keith about it, as he told fans outside the studio less than a month ago that he didnt know yet what the album was called - plus the fact that only two weeks ago the company in charge of the band's staging were saying it was called "manhattan beach"
July 27th, 2005 01:00 PM
JaggerLips
quote:
Gazza wrote:

The Stones are like one of those duracell batteries. They keep going forever whilst all these journalists and reporters peter out and need replaced.

[Edited by Gazza]

Fantastic quote Gary!!

Couldn't agree more!!!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)