ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy !!
After August 1st rehearsals
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Congrats Australia Return to archive Page: 1 2
July 26th, 2005 11:17 AM
telecaster Congrats to all the Aussies and Kiwi's on the board

Looks like you mates get The Stones next summer

G'Day

July 26th, 2005 11:22 AM
Joey
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Congrats to all the Aussies and Kiwi's on the board

Looks like you mates get The Stones next summer

G'Day

" You Flatter Me Sir !!!!! " ( In Ed McMahon Voice )

" Ho ! ... Ho ! ... Ho ! "

[ Edited by Steelie ]
[Edited by Joey]
July 26th, 2005 12:22 PM
J.J.Flash Congratulations Corgi and Daethgod, as well as our other Aussie friends. Young Jay admire and respect the Aussies for their true admiration and loyalty for the great Rolling Stones. Also, Bon Scott (RIP hero), Young brothers, Phill Rudd and Cliff Williams belong to this beatiful, pleasant country.

God bless them!
July 26th, 2005 12:33 PM
thejuf after the Aussies beat the English at the Ashes????

if Mick and Charlie had known England would be beaten the situation would have been different.....

July 26th, 2005 01:36 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
Congratulations Corgi and Daethgod, as well as our other Aussie friends. Young Jay admire and respect the Aussies for their true admiration and loyalty for the great Rolling Stones. Also, Bon Scott (RIP hero), Young brothers, Phill Rudd and Cliff Williams belong to this beatiful, pleasant country.

God bless them!

I must add that SIA is a great poster and a great man, a clever sense of humor.
July 26th, 2005 07:16 PM
stonedinaustralia thanks JJ - you are too kind

are these dtaes locked in or merely rumoured??

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
July 26th, 2005 07:32 PM
masoudi great great news i still think it will b in aussie and not nz. At any rate I will be there for concert number 14 and 15 and ...
July 26th, 2005 08:19 PM
exile Hi am I missing something? Did the stones announce a Australian tour
July 26th, 2005 08:29 PM
telecaster "Following the completion of 35 scheduled dates in U.S and Canada, the band will then tour Mexico, South America, the Far East, New Zealand, Australia, and finally Europe, in the summer of 2006."

From Gazzas It's Official Album Thread
July 26th, 2005 08:43 PM
Daethgod fark yer !!!

and i snuck Rough Justice on the air at KRock last night to celebrate Micks birthday !!!

July 26th, 2005 08:47 PM
parmeda I bet SIA is 'tingling'...AND...working on his review's rough draft
Which, btw, I can't wait to read!!!

I'm glad you guys aren't going to be left out in the cold this tour.
July 26th, 2005 08:57 PM
Daethgod man i hope they play Rod Laver Arena agian and not the MCG

i wanna be up the front again in the pit !

July 26th, 2005 09:07 PM
exile Fuck this is great news!!!!

Im going to check the other thread thanks for info
July 26th, 2005 09:13 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
parmeda wrote:
I bet SIA is 'tingling'...AND...working on his review's rough draft
Which, btw, I can't wait to read!!!

I'm glad you guys aren't going to be left out in the cold this tour.

thanks pam - I suppose it's "tingling" -it's a funny mixture of elation and at the same time a weird little touch of dread (funny as that sounds) - you know - will i get tickets - will i get a good seat

this stones fanaticism - it does have all the hallmarks of a serious psychological illness
July 26th, 2005 09:25 PM
exile Hey SIA
have you joined the fan club again?
I did a few weeks back, I assume its going to sell similar as before. Do you?
July 26th, 2005 09:29 PM
Daethgod i phoned Dainty

they have 'no idea what is going on'
and dont know if they have the rights yet

or so the receptionist told me ...

July 26th, 2005 09:59 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
exile wrote:
Hey SIA
have you joined the fan club again?
I did a few weeks back, I assume its going to sell similar as before. Do you?

i guess i will - it really depends on whether oor not there will be a theatre show - i'd probabaly be happy to be a normal "punter" for arena
July 26th, 2005 11:17 PM
Soldatti It seems that Corgi is dancing in the street with this news, congrats.
July 27th, 2005 08:52 AM
corgi37 Dancing frigging naked!

And, i just got a new credit card (my 5th) with $5,500 limit. That should easily account for 2 tickets for wifey and me.

I wonder if that "on-stage" thing will happen here?

I hate this time period though. I hate it until its confirmed. In fact, i hate it until i have my tickets. No, i hate it until the night arrives. No, i only like it when the show is over, so then i know i have seen them. Then, i can relax.

But, arena or stadium? Doubt they'll do MCG. PRobably both Telstra Domes (syd & Melb).

But, if its arena, thats cool, and its Rod Laver all the way! Where they played last time, and where the Eagles smashed all records (including their new dvd which is smashing records and was recorded at Rod Laver).

It's just gotta be true. I deserve it.

Daeth - Meet ya at the Depot!
July 27th, 2005 08:55 AM
Madafaka Ehrm.. Co, cof...

I'VE TOLD YOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Congrats guys!
July 27th, 2005 09:36 AM
Joey

Congratulations Corgi & S.I.A.

YES !!!!!!!!!!!
July 27th, 2005 07:31 PM
Daethgod Hey Corgs

i hear its the Arena, was in Herald Sun today , but the press could be talking out of their guessing arses :

Stones jump back to Melbourne
Nui Te Koha
28jul05

THE Rolling Stones will rock Melbourne in April – 40 years after they first appeared here.

An Australian tour was confirmed yesterday by the band's record label, Virgin.

Stones world tour promoter Michael Cohl has offered a limited date run in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane.

Paul Dainty, the band's Australian promoter, is still firming up performance dates.

The Stones will tour the world to promote their new album, A Bigger Bang – their first studio album in a decade – to be released in September.

A new single, Streets Of Love, will go to radio stations this week.

Stones guitarist Keith Richards said yesterday the band had a lot more to give.

"We are not doing this for nothing," Richards told the Herald Sun.

"And when I say nothing, I don't mean money.

"You couldn't buy (drummer) Charlie Watts if he didn't want to do it. There is passion, but nobody in the band talks about it in terms of passion or a quest.

"We don't need to. It's either there or it isn't.

"This is not a matter of regurgitating or nostalgia.

"Somewhere inside us all there is a feeling that, yeah, there is a lot more to be found out yet."

He said the British band endured because they paced themselves.

"You can't do this if we don't get along. It's like, 'How are you feeling today? Can you hit the high C? How's the knee?'."

The Australian visit was strongly tipped when the Stones put New Zealand on a world tour schedule earlier this year.

Virgin Records said yesterday the Stones would perform 35 US dates, then tour South America, the Far East, New Zealand and Australia.

Ticket prices in the US will range from $A90 to $450.

The tour, titled Onstage, opens in Boston on August 21.

The Stones will bring their arena production to Australia and New Zealand.

But the possibility of smaller-scale theatre shows is likely to be discussed.

According to Virgin Records, the new Stones album comprises 16 tracks and is an ambitious, wide-ranging collection of hard-hitting, high-powered rock and blues.

The Stones first toured Australia in January 1965. Their last visit was 2003 when their 40 Licks show, essentially a greatest hits set, sold out three nights at Rod Laver Arena.
July 27th, 2005 07:45 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Daethgod wrote:
i phoned Dainty

they have 'no idea what is going on'
and dont know if they have the rights yet

or so the receptionist told me ...

and he also wrote:

i hear its the Arena, was in Herald Sun today , but the press could be talking out of their guessing arses

yeah Daethgod - without wanting to rain on anybody's parade i must echo corgi's post - i'll not be relaxed about this til i have the ticket in my hand - at least ... tho once venues are CONFIRMED i'll breathe easier

it's more than once that a tour of Aus. has "been announced" only for it to fall through - i remember back in '75 they were "definitely" coming but of course never did

having said that the signs are obviously good but my guess is the deal has not gone down for sure and certain just yet

once dainty announces a date for tix to go on sale - then i'll believe it's happening
July 27th, 2005 07:56 PM
Daethgod yer same dude

i cant relax until i have my tix in my hands , and they better be good ones !

July 27th, 2005 09:51 PM
exile man!!! Im getting excited now....thearte show is being discussed thats intersting.

July 27th, 2005 10:08 PM
corgi37 But, isnt it amazing. A bunch of old codgers make page 3 of the nations largest selling paper. Not just a small item, but 1/2 the bloody page!

Aint heard boo about U2's tour at all. Not 1 thing.

The one good thing about all this is that the album will be long out by the time the tickets go on sale. So, people will know the new stuff, and know it just aint a greatest hits thing.

But, and i just thought of this, is Auckland a stadium show? Cause if it is, i just might mosey on over to N.Z. I have thought all along they wouldnt bring a stadium show here. Just too expensive. So, it will be interesting to see.

Also i was alarmed to see "Streets of Love" stated as the 1st single. Man, that could halt sales of the album in its tracks.
July 28th, 2005 04:33 AM
Gazza Auckland is slated to be an arena show, at the new Vector Arena
[Edited by Gazza]
July 28th, 2005 09:15 AM
corgi37 Thanx Gazza, so fuck N.Z. then.

Bunch of lazy, dole bludgine sheep humpers anyway.

July 28th, 2005 09:33 AM
egon corgi,
we can meet up before the show.
it has to be early though, say beween 1-20 november..?
July 28th, 2005 09:39 AM
corgi37 That is indeed very early Egon, as they dont tour here until around April.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)