ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy !!
After August 1st rehearsals
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: THE NEW ALBUM - OFFICIAL Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
July 26th, 2005 05:13 PM
texile
quote:
jb wrote:
Yep, another Exile...LMFAO!!!!

yeah, i'm having flashbacks of dirty work already.....
July 26th, 2005 06:14 PM
Some Guy lets do this!
July 26th, 2005 07:16 PM
gotdablouse Well it says "most substantial since Exile", seemingly referring to the "amount" of material, at least it didn't say "the best album since Exile", like the flyer for DW says, I still have it I think, let me see if I can scan it !

Wonder why they didn't give the full track listing. Next milestone, the third track (Back of my Hand ?) on the 29th, two more days to go !

Hey, how do we know for sure "Walking Alone In The Rain" is the same as "Rain Fell Down" ? Someone got some advance tape ?
[Edited by gotdablouse]
July 26th, 2005 08:57 PM
Child of the Moon Fantastic news. I'm really looking forward to this album. Matter of fact, it'll be the first studio album to come out since I got into the Stones in 1998! I figure that's reason enough to celebrate.
July 26th, 2005 10:07 PM
Gazza yeah, I see what you mean - its like a full circle thing for me as well

Main reason I bought a pc and got the internet in late '97 was to follow the Bridges tour as I was curious as to what was happening with the band and didnt want to wait for months to find out.

A few months later a few of us on here got to know each other through the official BTB site and one thing led to another and we eventually formed this site. Its weird in that a lot has happened in those eight years yet this is the first time we've been able to report on a new studio album. Its a nice feeling.

The irony is actually that one of the main reasons why we formed our own message board was because the official site (which was free back then) wasnt quick enough for our liking with breaking Stones news.

Seems that nothing has changed even for $100 a year. The story about the new album was on the message boards and newswires several hours before rs.com felt it important enough to notify their members.
[Edited by Gazza]
July 26th, 2005 10:29 PM
Gazza E-online seems to suggest that "Neo-con" is still scheduled for inclusion, and that the pre-tour club dates may be in either Toronto or NYC (or both!)

Stones Back with a "Bang"

by Charlie Amter
Jul 28, 2005, 3:55 PM PT

The birth of the universe was a pretty big deal--but not as important as the first new Rolling Stones record in eight years.

The Bigger Bang, the band's first studio effort since 1997's Bridges to Babylon, is set for release Sept. 6 in the United States, Virgin Records announced Tuesday--which not so coincidentally is Mick Jagger's 62nd birthday.

The new disc will bow a day earlier overseas.

In addition to the lead single, "Streets of Love," the album includes two Keith Richards-sung tunes; "This Place Is Empty" and "Infamy."

Among the 16 cuts Bang are: "Rough Justice," "Back of My Hand," "Laugh, I Nearly Died" and "Oh No, Not You Again," which the Stones previewed in May at New York's Juilliard School after announcing their forthcoming world tour.

One track earning some prerelease controversy is "Sweet Neo-Con," which apparently takes aim at the Bush administration and its strong-armed foreign policy.

Don Was, who produced the band's previous two studio sets, Bridges to Babylon and 1994's Voodoo Lounge, was behind the board for Bang. The eight-year lapse between studio albums is the longest in the band's 43-year history, although the Stones did issue the live album No Security in 1998 and the greatest-hits compilation Forty Licks in 2002.

Bang was recorded during late 2004 and early 2005 in France. Drummer Charlie Watts, who spent much of last year receiving treatment for throat cancer, played on all the tracks. (He's fully recovered and will tour with the band.) Although early reports suggested longtime guitarist Ron Wood was missing from many of the recording sessions, a press release Tuesday confirmed Wood was indeed a part of Bang.

The Stones have been working out the new material in an empty airplane hangar in Toronto in advance of their 35-date North American tour (now dubbed the Bigger Bang Tour), which launches Aug. 21 at Boston's Fenway Park. Rumors have been circulating that the Stones may play a warm-up club date or two in advance of their official tour kickoff, most likely in Toronto or New York.

The North American road show will feature rotating A-list opening acts, including Beck, Black Eyed Peas, Maroon 5, John Mayer, Pearl Jam and Joss Stone. According to Virgin, fans have already snapped up 97 percent of all tickets currently available for sale.

The band will hit most of the rest of the world next year.

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,17024,00.html

July 26th, 2005 11:28 PM
Soldatti I'm very pleassed with 16 tracks, I see filler all over it but 8 years is too much time. We will get 20 new tracks since 2002 after all + some b-side.
July 27th, 2005 06:42 AM
IanBillen [quote]Angiegirl wrote:
Maybe Neo-Con was even worse???

A Bigger Bang. Lemme get used to it; so far it sounds a bit ambitious to me, having the 2003 shows in mind...
Here's hoping the new album will bang my eardrums out!

Come on now Angiegirl.....a bit too "ambitious"?
What's next? I like the album title it is just a little too ...."good".

If it wasn't a little ambitious everyone would say it is too "the norm" or boring.

Ian
July 27th, 2005 07:00 AM
Zack I have to interject here, what's so "substantial" about 16 tracks if they're not any good? Isn't the general consensus about VL is that it's too long by four or so tracks? 18 tracks does not make an Exile.
July 27th, 2005 08:16 AM
Jair
quote:
KeepRigid wrote:
Ronnie's got that whole Black and Blue reprise going on.

Explain, please?!
July 27th, 2005 08:24 AM
T&A
quote:
Zack wrote:
I have to interject here, what's so "substantial" about 16 tracks if they're not any good? Isn't the general consensus about VL is that it's too long by four or so tracks? 18 tracks does not make an Exile.

Exactly. The same folks who are hailing the release of 16 tracks will be bemoaning all the filler (a la VL) in a matter of weeks/months. I bemoan it now, given I already know of 3 filler trax.
July 27th, 2005 08:28 AM
corgi37 Ah, fuck 'em. Stupid old geezers. Why dont they just quit. I cant stand them and their money hungry antics. Let them tour America. GO on. Stay there and...

...Whats that? They are coming to Oz?

I cant wait to support this most important of all bands. They define a genre, not an era. They ARE rock and roll.

16 tracks is cool.
July 27th, 2005 08:36 AM
Madafaka Can't wait to listen the new album, over and over again!
July 27th, 2005 09:35 AM
egon hi,

maybe posted already, but;

http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/entnews/eo/20050726/112243524000.html
July 27th, 2005 09:36 AM
egon and it was...
July 27th, 2005 09:59 AM
Lazy Bones New Rolling Stones album details

Rockers to roll out A Bigger Bang

By Toronto Sun

The Rolling Stones' new album is titled A Bigger Bang and will hit record stores on Tuesday, Sept. 6. Virgin Records announced the news last night.

Reuters reports that the first single off the new CD, Streets Of Love/Rough Justice, will be released Aug. 22 in the U.K. as a limited edition, numbered CD and on seven-inch vinyl.

Streets Of Love was given its first British airplay on Friday on national AC/pop station BBC Radio 2, while Rough Justice has been heard on rock-oriented outlets on this side of the Atlantic Ocean.

The Stones are in their regular rehearsal mode in Toronto, preparing for their world tour, which begins Aug. 21 at Boston's Fenway Park.

A Virgin press release describes A Bigger Bang as "an ambitious, wide-ranging collection of hard-hitting, high-powered rock and blues songs."

It is the Stones' first studio album in eight years, and with 16 songs it is the band's longest studio effort since 1972's Exile On Main Street.

Songs also include Back Of My Hand, a "raw, rough-edged new song in the classic Rolling Stones blues style," according to Virgin; It Won't Take Long; Laugh, I Nearly Died; and Rain Fall Down. Keith Richards sings lead vocals on This Place Is Empty and Infamy.

A Bigger Bang was produced by Don Was and The Glimmer Twins (Mick Jagger and Richards).

The Stones play Toronto's Rogers Centre on Sept. 26.

July 27th, 2005 10:01 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Ah, fuck 'em. Stupid old geezers. Why dont they just quit. I cant stand them and their money hungry antics. Let them tour America. GO on. Stay there and...

...Whats that? They are coming to Oz?

I cant wait to support this most important of all bands. They define a genre, not an era. They ARE rock and roll.

16 tracks is cool.

Priceless post, corgi!
July 27th, 2005 06:40 PM
JaggerLips
quote:
KeepRigid wrote:
Ronnie's got that whole Black and Blue reprise going on.

He looks the same as that one! People take a look at the Black and Blue album and you can see that Ronnie's stance is the same. Near on perfect, now all that's changed is that he looks older.

July 27th, 2005 07:49 PM
Soldatti In Google news there are 140 press releases of the album.
http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&edition=us&ie=UTF-8&q=rolling+stones
July 27th, 2005 08:01 PM
Some Guy It's not called A big bang theory, it's called The big bang theory . The album should be called The Bigger Bang. And it's just a theory.
[Edited by Some Guy]
July 27th, 2005 08:57 PM
lucasd4 You've been bemoaning for weeks now and here you go again....bemoaning, bemoaning, bemoaning..everyone knows you don't like any of the new songs, but you still keep reminding us every chance you get...

quote:
T&A wrote:

Exactly. The same folks who are hailing the release of 16 tracks will be bemoaning all the filler (a la VL) in a matter of weeks/months. I bemoan it now, given I already know of 3 filler trax.

[Edited by lucasd4]
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)