ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy !!
After August 1st rehearsals
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: THE NEW ALBUM - OFFICIAL Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
July 26th, 2005 12:20 PM
jb Neo-con excluded but Streets of Lava included!@@@ I shall not listen to RJ!!!!
July 26th, 2005 12:21 PM
gimmekeef I think the US airplay so far according to Soldatti's numbers..has elected The US single as Rough Justice!!
July 26th, 2005 12:23 PM
KeepRigid The listening party report said they played 11 "out of a possible 16 for the album". Fuck yeah!

The single confusion reminds me of when the UK got Fool To Cry to our Hot Stuff. (Or, something like that.)

Sixteen.
July 26th, 2005 12:23 PM
Angiegirl Maybe Neo-Con was even worse???

A Bigger Bang. Lemme get used to it; so far it sounds a bit ambitious to me, having the 2003 shows in mind...
Here's hoping the new album will bang my eardrums out!
July 26th, 2005 12:28 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
Neo-con excluded but Streets of Lava included!@@@ I shall not listen to RJ!!!!

Yeah, like I bet it was excluded for purely musical reasons...

plus youre assuming the song was good even though you havent heard it anyway...

ho-hum...
[Edited by Gazza]
July 26th, 2005 12:47 PM
J.J.Flash 16 tracks?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I've just creamed my pants......
July 26th, 2005 12:51 PM
J.J.Flash Is it 100% confirmed that Neocon was excluded?!?!? Anybody?!?!?
July 26th, 2005 12:54 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
jb wrote:

Stay safe HTM....we admire the steadfast courage and determination of the British people at this trying time.

Dear Josh, as us English are going through a trying time at the moment, I was wondering if I could be added to your "great friend" list?

Many thanks

Alex
[Edited by Honky Tonk Man]
July 26th, 2005 12:56 PM
Jair
quote:
Gazza wrote:
SIXTEEN TRACKS!!!!!!

Do you feel Japanese edition will have 17?
[Edited by Jair]
July 26th, 2005 01:05 PM
Stones Rough Justice would have been a better title and I cannot believe they chose Streets of Love over Rough Justice for the single.
[Edited by Stones]
[Edited by Stones]
July 26th, 2005 01:11 PM
Soldatti From Billboard:

Stones Making A 'Bang' With New Album

By Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

The Rolling Stones' "A Bigger Bang" isn't just the legendary rock act's first new album in eight years -- it's also their most substantial since 1972's "Exile on Main Street." Due Sept. 6 via Virgin, the set features 16 new tracks, including the singles "Streets of Love" and "Rough Justice," which will be released Aug. 22 in the U.K. on CD and seven-inch vinyl.

"A Bigger Bang" also boasts two tracks sung by guitarist Keith Richards ("Infamy" and "This Place Is Empty") as well as "Oh No, Not You Again," which the Stones premiered during a May press conference at New York's Juilliard School to announce their 2005 tour.

The album is rounded out by such tracks as "Back of My Hand," "Rain Fall Down," "Laugh, I Nearly Died" and "It Won't Take Long." Production was supplied by Don Was in tandem with Richards and Mick Jagger.

Was served as a co-producer on the Stones' last studio album, 1997's "Bridges to Babylon," which has sold 1.2 million copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

As previously reported, the Stones will begin a yearlong world tour Aug. 21 in Boston.
July 26th, 2005 01:13 PM
jb Yep, another Exile...LMFAO!!!!
July 26th, 2005 01:14 PM
JaggerLips
quote:
Gazza wrote:

"infamy! infamy! they've all got it infamy!"

lol!
I AM WAITING ON A ROCKER FROM KEITH, THAT SOUNDS LIKE ONE!

I AM SO MADE UP THEY'VE FINALLY NAILED A DATE AND ALSO AN ALBUM NAME.
A BIGGER BANG SOUNDS VERY STONESIAN TO ME
JUST HOPE IT LIVES UP TO THE TITLE!
July 26th, 2005 01:15 PM
Jair From Rolling Stone

Stones Bring Bigger Bang
First studio album in eight years to follow tour launch

The Rolling Stones will release their first studio album in nearly a decade, A Bigger Bang, on September 6th, just two weeks after the launch of their international tour. The follow-up to 1997's platinum-selling Bridges to Babylon, its title inspired by the scientific origin of the universe, showcases sixteen new songs by the veteran team of frontman Mick Jagger and guitarist Keith Richards.

"The thrill is the same," Jagger said last fall of continuing to collaborate with the band. "You never really know what's going to happen."

While the track "Oh No, Not You Again" was debuted at the Stones' surprise performance outside New York's Juilliard School in May, the album's first single will be "Streets of Love." Other songs include "Rough Justice," "It Won't Take Long," "Laugh, I Nearly Died," "Rain Fall Down" and the blues-tinged "Back of My Hand." In addition, Richards sings lead vocals on "Infamy" and "This Place Is Empty."

A Bigger Bang was produced by Don Was and the Glimmer Twins -- Was co-produced 1994's Voodoo Lounge and Bridges to Babylon.

The Stones will kick off their international tour on August 21st at Boston's Fenway Park, with thirty-five dates scheduled in North America. Openers include such major acts as John Mayer, Beck, Maroon 5, Black Eyed Peas, Joss Stone and Pearl Jam.

ALEX MAR
(Posted Jul 26, 2005)
July 26th, 2005 01:17 PM
KeepRigid
quote:
Gazza wrote:
So the song titles we know of so far are :

Streets of Love
Rough Justice
Back of My Hand
It Wont Take Long
Laugh, I Nearly Died
Rain Fell Down
Infamy (Keith)
This House Is Empty (Keith)
Under The Radar
She Saw Me Coming
Look What The Cat Dragged In
You Drive Too Fast
Oh No, Not You Again
Neo-Con (probably excluded)

Don't forget Take Me Down Slow. Or 'Sweet' Neocon (possibly added to avoid confusion with the Offspring song?)

Rocky Dijon over at stonesdoug's mentioned one called Dirty Ruckus.
July 26th, 2005 01:20 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
KeepRigid wrote:
The listening party report said they played 11 "out of a possible 16 for the album". Fuck yeah!

IIRC, the reports said that they were treated to 11 tracks "out of a possible eighteen".

But yeah, 16 is an impressive number! There should be enough material in there to satisfy nearly everybody.
July 26th, 2005 01:25 PM
jb
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:

IIRC, the reports said that they were treated to 11 tracks "out of a possible eighteen".

But yeah, 16 is an impressive number! There should be enough material in there to satisfy nearly everybody.

Or justify everyone's worst nightmares...........
July 26th, 2005 01:26 PM
Jair "A Bigger Bang" reflecting their fascination with the scientific theory about the origin of the universe"...

I never knew about this fascination...do you???
July 26th, 2005 01:28 PM
jb
quote:
Jair wrote:
"A Bigger Bang" reflecting their fascination with the scientific theory about the origin of the universe"...

No..another lie put out by the machine....
July 26th, 2005 01:31 PM
Monkey Woman Among tentative song titles, should we count "Walking Alone In The Rain" (a Mick ballad) or is it finally the same as "Rain Fell Down"?
July 26th, 2005 01:33 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
jb wrote:

Or justify everyone's worst nightmares...........

Oh, right! I should have added: not every fan will like every track, and if more than half the fans like more than half the tracks, the album will be a success!

But no matter what, jb will never be happy!

[Edited by Monkey Woman]
July 26th, 2005 01:36 PM
KeepRigid
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:

I screwed that up. I was trying to word it the way they had it- where it first implied we might get a 16 track album. But I can't fucking think today!

What a great birthday gift on Mick Day. (Of course, friends are still expected to get me something as well.)

[Edited by KeepRigid]
July 26th, 2005 01:39 PM
KeepRigid
quote:
Jair wrote:
"A Bigger Bang" reflecting their fascination with the scientific theory about the origin of the universe"...

I think it's safe to say Mick only has one idea of what "A Bigger Bang" implies. Sounds like someone's just trying to make it seem really meaningful.

Or, they've been talking to Ronnie.
July 26th, 2005 02:09 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
July 26th, 2005 02:15 PM
Angiegirl Te amo Gerardo, gracies
July 26th, 2005 02:24 PM
KeepRigid Ronnie's got that whole Black and Blue reprise going on.
July 26th, 2005 02:51 PM
Monkey Woman Oh, the press release! The band's "fascination with the scientific theory about the origin of the universe"... My, my! But now scenarios begin to unreel, unbidden, in the mind...

A very drunk Mick'n'Keef afterwork party... Counting the glasses on the table, wondering where it all comes from, and that beloved slurred voice asking if the vodka & orange (now nearly empty) bowl couldn't just go on expanding like the stars in the universe... Meanwhile, Mick is getting ideas associations about the words "big" and "bang"... Already texting a message on his cell, under the table, to a few girlfriends, intending an after-after party...

- Cut! yells the director in the mind. That'll never do for the press today (adds the cold bastard cynic in the crew). D'you think we're still in 1969? Better stick to that origin of the world crap. And let's have the fans racking their own brains to find a connection to other bands to compete with or other tours to top. The best title is the one with an endless potential of meanings. Like a good cosmological theory, insists the satisfied press fiend... Mine's a Stella Artois, btw.
July 26th, 2005 03:27 PM
ListenToTheLion Don't get too excited yet! So far we have heard 3 mediocre songs....
July 26th, 2005 03:40 PM
Gazza
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
Among tentative song titles, should we count "Walking Alone In The Rain" (a Mick ballad) or is it finally the same as "Rain Fell Down"?

same song
July 26th, 2005 03:46 PM
JaggerLips
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:
Don't get too excited yet! So far we have heard 3 mediocre songs....

Go to Hell!

You'll come to love them!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)