ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy !!
After August 1st rehearsals
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: THE NEW ALBUM - OFFICIAL Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
July 26th, 2005 10:53 AM
Gazza

10.12 ET 26th July 2005

Rolling Stones Title New CD and World Tour "A Bigger Bang"
First All-New Studio Album in 8 Years to Be Released September 6th on Virgin Records

Tour Kickoff August 21st at Fenway Park in Boston
NEW YORK, NY -- (MARKET WIRE) -- 07/26/2005 -- The Rolling Stones new CD, "A Bigger Bang," will be released September 6, 2005, on Virgin Records. Continuing their historic songwriting partnership, Mick Jagger and Keith Richards began the creative process last autumn and were later joined in the recording studio by Charlie Watts and Ron Wood. "A Bigger Bang" features all new songs, and is the first studio album by The Rolling Stones since the 1997 platinum-certified "Bridges to Babylon." While in the studio recording the album last year, the band came up with the title "A Bigger Bang" reflecting their fascination with the scientific theory about the origin of the universe.

The Rolling Stones"A Bigger Bang" is an ambitious, wide-ranging collection of hard-hitting, high-powered rock and blues songs. Running a full sixteen tracks, it is the band's longest new album since 1972's "Exile on Main Street." Key cuts include "Streets Of Love," the first international single; "Rough Justice," which will be targeted to U.S. rock radio formats; and "Back Of My Hand," a raw, rough-edged new song in the classic Rolling Stones blues style. Other titles include "It Won't Take Long," "Laugh, I Nearly Died" and "Rain Fall Down" as well as two tracks featuring Keith Richards' lead vocal, "This Place Is Empty," and "Infamy."

"A Bigger Bang" was produced by Don Was and The Glimmer Twins. Was previously co-produced the Rolling Stones studio albums "Voodoo Lounge" (1994) and "Bridges to Babylon" (1997) as well as the new songs included in the greatest-hits collection "Forty Licks" (2002). Was also co-produced the live album "Stripped (1995), and last year's critically hailed double-CD "Live Licks."

The release of "A Bigger Bang" follows the August 21st tour kickoff at Fenway Park, in Boston. The Rolling Stones will once again bring fans electrifying performances and state-of-the-art stage production. Ticket sales have reached record highs, with fans already purchasing 97% of all tickets currently available for sale.

A new song from "A Bigger Bang," "Oh No, Not You Again," was previewed in the band's surprise live set on the balcony of New York's Juilliard School in May, at the announcement of the tour. Following the completion of 35 scheduled dates in U.S and Canada, the band will then tour Mexico, South America, the Far East, New Zealand, Australia, and finally Europe, in the summer of 2006.

The Rolling Stones hold the record for the top 2 most-attended North American tours of all time. The U.S. leg of the Rolling Stones "A Bigger Bang" tour is presented by Ameriquest Mortgage Company. The Rolling Stones' "A Bigger Bang" world tour is presented by Concert Productions International and produced by WPC Piecemeal Inc.

thanks to Lorenz for the heads up:

Source : http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release_html_b1?release_id=91687

[Edited by Gazza]
July 26th, 2005 10:55 AM
Ten Thousand Motels OK!
July 26th, 2005 10:55 AM
Gazza SIXTEEN TRACKS!!!!!!
July 26th, 2005 10:57 AM
nankerphelge I like the title.

Can't wait to get my Bigger Bang T-shirt!!

16 tracks -- very cool indeed!
July 26th, 2005 11:03 AM
Jumacfly Thanks so much for the info Gazza!!
that's great!!!
July 26th, 2005 11:04 AM
nankerphelge Australia and NZ too -- yay!
July 26th, 2005 11:04 AM
Gimme Shelter I'm hyped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
July 26th, 2005 11:06 AM
Gazza and for the Aussies - check out where the press release says the tour is going

this is the first time Australia and NZ have been mentioned officially
July 26th, 2005 11:07 AM
FPM C10 And what a great promo picture!

God I love these guys!

"While in the studio recording the album last year, the band came up with the title "A Bigger Bang" reflecting their fascination with the scientific theory about the origin of the universe."

Yeah...whatever!

[Edited by FPM C10]
July 26th, 2005 11:07 AM
telecaster
"Ticket sales have reached record highs, with fans already purchasing 97% of all tickets currently available for sale"

jb, you out there?

July 26th, 2005 11:09 AM
mac_daddy
no mention of a 2006 US leg of the tour...
July 26th, 2005 11:14 AM
gimmekeef Keith's lead vocals on Infamy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
July 26th, 2005 11:15 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Gazza wrote:
this is the first time Australia and NZ have been mentioned officially

I'm glad for the Aussies. I like the Aussies here on the board.

(But now they can quit crying. )
July 26th, 2005 11:24 AM
Joey
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

no mention of a 2006 US leg of the tour...

W- W- W- What ?!?!

www.Omahameca.com

July 26th, 2005 11:34 AM
jb [quote]telecaster wrote:

"Ticket sales have reached record highs, with fans already purchasing 97% of all tickets currently available for sale"

jb, you out there?

[/quote

Yeh, I also beleive in the tooth fairy.
July 26th, 2005 11:37 AM
sonicrock what do you mean 16 songs
i will never call street of love a song,, at least, not a stones song, 15 songs.
July 26th, 2005 11:39 AM
jb
quote:
sonicrock wrote:
what do you mean 16 songs
i will never call street of love a song,, at least, not a stones song, 15 songs.

And that is the "International" single!!! I mean how fucking lame are they????
July 26th, 2005 11:45 AM
Gazza
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Keith's lead vocals on Infamy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"infamy! infamy! they've all got it infamy!"
July 26th, 2005 11:46 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
jb wrote:

What a pity...but let's face it: most of radios here got genesis, phil collins, joe cocker or celine dion lame ballads on airplay...the stones marketing troops just follow this business logic...
they want to target old people and teens with SOL, not young and wealthy fans like us!!
July 26th, 2005 11:48 AM
The_Worst
quote:
Gazza wrote:

"infamy! infamy! they've all got it infamy!"

A name like "Infamy" sure sounds like it rocks....This may be what we've been waiting for...Another Keef rocker!!!
July 26th, 2005 11:48 AM
Gazza
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

I'm glad for the Aussies. I like the Aussies here on the board.

(But now they can quit crying. )

I hope they dont. I was enjoying the spleen-venting. They're funny cobbers when they're pissed off.
But I'm delighted that it seems theyre getting their shows.
Mr Dainty came through for them, it seems
July 26th, 2005 11:49 AM
jb SIA,CORGI, and Mr. Australia are great posters.
July 26th, 2005 11:49 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
jb wrote:

I don't understand what they exactly mean by "International Single" Does this mean that some countries will get Rough Justice and Streets Of Love as a b-side? I can understand the part about Rough Justice getting the radio airplay in the US, but does this mean that It'll be the lead single over there?
July 26th, 2005 11:51 AM
Trey Krimsin As of right now, September 6th is marked down on my calendar. I haven't heard any of the new songs, so I'll be looking forward to this album.
July 26th, 2005 11:52 AM
jb
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

I don't understand what they exactly mean by "International Single" Does this mean that some countries will get Rough Justice and Streets Of Love as a b-side? I can understand the part about Rough Justice getting the radio airplay in the US, but does this mean that It'll be the lead single over there?

Stay safe HTM....we admire the steadfast courage and determination of the British people at this trying time.
July 26th, 2005 11:52 AM
padre Very cool promoshot of the guys!
July 26th, 2005 11:53 AM
Gazza
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

I don't understand what they exactly mean by "International Single"

it means "non-US"

at present there doesnt appear to be a US single. That may of course change
[Edited by Gazza]
July 26th, 2005 11:54 AM
Dutch Michael D. This is great News news !!! thank you Gazza, very cool picture of the Stones!!! i'd like to see more of that photoshoot !!!!

Ciao!
July 26th, 2005 12:13 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Stay safe HTM....we admire the steadfast courage and determination of the British people at this trying time.

The British and the Americans are very tight .

Britain will never forget what we did for them in 1940 , '41 ( see : FDR's Lend Lease ).

July 26th, 2005 12:14 PM
Gazza So the song titles we know of so far are :

Streets of Love
Rough Justice
Back of My Hand
It Wont Take Long
Laugh, I Nearly Died
Rain Fell Down
Infamy (Keith)
This House Is Empty (Keith)
Under The Radar
She Saw Me Coming
Look What The Cat Dragged In
You Drive Too Fast
Oh No, Not You Again
Neo-Con (probably excluded)

Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)