ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy !!
After August 1st rehearsals
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Virgin putting new album out in "big numbers"--also new reissues Return to archive Page: 1 2
July 26th, 2005 05:18 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

I shall move to FraNCE, bRITAIN, OTR iSRAEL ID hILLARY LOSES IN 08.

you'll feel at home over here, Josh - after all we hate the Stones too, dont forget
July 26th, 2005 06:14 PM
lotsajizz Not Britain--Blair's a moron ...perhaps Ireland or Canada for me if the friggin' GOP wins again...maybe Nova Scotia, or for Ireland I like Donegal or maybe the Antrim coast....plenty of people with my family name there!
July 26th, 2005 06:19 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Gazza wrote:

you'll feel at home over here, Josh - after all we hate the Stones too, dont forget

Oh yeah, the idea of Josh going to live in Britain, after all that he posted... We must all have a little fantasy in our lives!

[Edited by Monkey Woman]
July 26th, 2005 06:39 PM
tumbling dice Hey JB, whats up man? The band needs positive vibrations. FUCK OFF!
July 26th, 2005 06:46 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
However, its fucking ridiculous if its got to the stage where you have to re-record vocals or edit songs to have it stocked in some store.

that store, walmart, is the nation's leading retailer, and by a large margin.
July 26th, 2005 08:21 PM
lucasd4 I second that emotion and add the words AND DIE

quote:
tumbling dice wrote:
Hey JB, whats up man? The band needs positive vibrations. FUCK OFF!

July 26th, 2005 10:09 PM
chevysales
quote:
jb wrote:
Parental Advisory???

started by none other than tipper gore and her crew of bs democrats who knew what was right for america!

and the husband of the man who invented the internet... two morons
[Edited by chevysales]
July 26th, 2005 10:41 PM
Gazza
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

that store, walmart, is the nation's leading retailer, and by a large margin.

nevertheless its still only a fucking store, not the elected guardian of the western world's morals
July 27th, 2005 02:22 AM
pdog
quote:
Gazza wrote:

nevertheless its still only a fucking store, not the elected guardian of the western world's morals

They sell toilet paper, clothes, music... I hate these stores.
America is full of this lame ass retail trend. If I go to tower Records I feel like a sell out, but these places. If you buy music in these places, you might be a retard. If you're in the buying some asswipe the day the new album drops and you grab it up, that's all good. Otherwise, you have really bad taste in music and possibly in toilet paper too!
July 27th, 2005 08:24 AM
gimmekeef The Wal in Walmart stands for the Great Wall cause everything they sell is made in China...I doubt seriously that many A Bigger Bangs will be sold there anyway.Most of the sales will come day one from us at the usual record outlets.For a country that is supposedly free there is more censorship in the USA than most other western democracies....
July 28th, 2005 08:58 AM
Monkey Woman They did it again! A "clean" and an "uncensored" version of the album are listed by Amazon.com...

The one for so-called familial public:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000AARKEE/ref=pd_sbs_m_4/002-5398530-5720836?v=glance&s=music&n=507846

Bigger Bang (Clean)
Rolling Stones
Price: $18.98
* Audio CD (September 6, 2005)
* Label: Virgin Records
* ASIN: B000AARKEE
* Amazon.com Sales Rank: #20,573 in Music[/quote]

And the "normal" one:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000A7Q27I/qid=1122531505/sr=8-3/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i3_xgl15/002-5398530-5720836?v=glance&s=music&n=507846#product-details

Bigger Bang
Rolling Stones
Price: $10.99
* ASIN: B000A7Q27I
* Amazon.com Sales Rank: #561 in Music

Note that: 1) There's no details yet as to what difference there is between the two versions but I'd bet it'll be the lyrics... 2) The "Clean" one is more expensive! Market economics again...
July 28th, 2005 09:07 AM
corgi37 I need to replace my Tattoo You original album packaging cd, because, frankly, i lost the fucking thing when i was stoned/boozed last year (not sure which time) and cant find the bastard.

I resisted buying black and blue & ER, so if these are indeed re-re-mastered, i will need to splurge a bit.

Might have to get the Mrs out onto the street corner again.
July 28th, 2005 09:10 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
For a country that is supposedly free there is more censorship in the USA than most other western democracies....

Well I don't know about that, we're all in the same pickle. But it goes far beyond mere censorship into the realm of propaganda, thought policing and social control.
July 28th, 2005 09:10 AM
thejuf here is the update on information I received from Virgin/EMI and I have just added to the Forty Licks Fanclub website:

The album: Virgin/EMI confirm that there will be only one version with one cover of the album. There have been talks about releasing an extra version with an additional short DVD, but that has been cancelled. There will be 2LP vinyl version though.
As to the single Streets Of Love / Rough Justice : there will be a 7" red vinyl limited edition and a 2 track cd-single in a carton box. A 2 track cd-single will be released in a jewel case in Great Britain.

[Edited by thejuf]
July 28th, 2005 09:11 AM
exile
quote:
tumbling dice wrote:
Hey JB, whats up man? The band needs positive vibrations. FUCK OFF!

Buy that man a drink!!!!!
July 28th, 2005 09:13 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Might have to get the Mrs out onto the street corner again.

Well you gotta do what ya gotta do. Sometimes we all need to make sacrifices.
July 28th, 2005 09:36 AM
corgi37 Well, it is for the common good.
July 28th, 2005 10:07 AM
Madafaka
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
They did it again! A "clean" and an "uncensored" version of the album are listed by Amazon.com...

The one for so-called familial public:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000AARKEE/ref=pd_sbs_m_4/002-5398530-5720836?v=glance&s=music&n=507846

Bigger Bang (Clean)
Rolling Stones
Price: $18.98
* ASIN: B000AARKEE
* Amazon.com Sales Rank: #20,573 in Music

And the "normal" one:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000A7Q27I/qid=1122531505/sr=8-3/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i3_xgl15/002-5398530-5720836?v=glance&s=music&n=507846#product-details

Bigger Bang
Rolling Stones
Price: $10.99
* ASIN: B000A7Q27I
* Amazon.com Sales Rank: #561 in Music

Note that: 1) There's no details yet as to what difference there is between the two versions but I'd bet it'll be the lyrics... 2) The "Clean" one is more expensive! Market economics again...

Wow! I really wanna know the difference between this two versions.
Nothing about a dvd version yet... I'll be waiting!
[Edited by Madafaka]
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)