ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy !!
After August 1st rehearsals
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Virgin putting new album out in "big numbers"--also new reissues Return to archive Page: 1 2
July 26th, 2005 10:52 AM
White House Lawn From MusicTap.com:

"Virgin Records, in anticipation of new Rolling Stones music arriving in the fall, is releasing short runs of Rolling Stones classics in O-Card slipcovers (plastic slipcover). The discs that are coming in this way are: Exile On Main Street, Black and Blue, Emotional Rescue, Flashpoint, Goats Head Soup, It's Only Rock and Roll, Some Girls, Sticky Fingers, and Tattoo You. Nice. I'm sure that there might be some more to this and so I'll be watching the reports on these. In any case, mark the calendars for August 30 for these goodies.

Virgin is putting the new Stones album out in big numbers. That includes the planned Edited and PA versions of the project. It is untitled as of yet but will be released on September 6."
July 26th, 2005 10:55 AM
gimmekeef Wow..I get to buy these again for the 6th time!.And a new slip cover too...oh goody!
July 26th, 2005 12:20 PM
Gazza "Virgin is putting the new Stones album out in big numbers. That includes the planned Edited and PA versions of the project. "

what the fuck does this mean? anyone? "PA version"?
July 26th, 2005 12:30 PM
jb Parental Advisory???
July 26th, 2005 12:34 PM
gimmekeef That would be it....with some of the lyrics we've heard it would require a warning...maybe there should be a SOL warning too!
July 26th, 2005 12:37 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
Parental Advisory???

oh for fucks sake, youre kidding

arent warning stickers enough for these sensitive and easily corrupted souls anymore?
July 26th, 2005 12:38 PM
KeepRigid I assumed it stood for "Prince Albert"?
July 26th, 2005 12:40 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

arent warning stickers enough for these sensitive and easily corrupted souls anymore?

No, we live in a Red Country controlled by religious zealots who , secretly, are the most perverted of all. Just like Sen Rick Santorum...a hateful anti-gay Senator, whose aide just came out and admitted he was gay. Hypocrites and liars!!! Thats why these "righty" Stones fans are a joke..they love Bush, but he would disapprove of their drinking, womanizing, partying ways....we are a doomed country whose best days are behind us. I shall move to FraNCE, bRITAIN, OTR iSRAEL ID hILLARY LOSES IN 08.
July 26th, 2005 12:44 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Gazza wrote:

yes, but they arent enough for walmart...

willie had to change the cover of his latest album to have a palm tree on it (like the island records logo)

plus radio - that "dont phunk with my heart" had a different lyric on the radio. same sh*tty song, though...
July 26th, 2005 12:49 PM
jb This album will sell under 1 Mil domestically...
July 26th, 2005 01:06 PM
FPM C10
quote:
jb wrote:

No, we live in a Red Country controlled by religious zealots who , secretly, are the most perverted of all. Just like Sen Rick Santorum...

Yes, the despicable Bush toady from Pennsylvania - hence the "PA version".

Don't worry about Santorum, JB - he will go DOWN in '06. Most of these Nazis are bulletproof, but PA is a funny state - blue with a red center - and they've had enough of Santorum's bullshit.
July 26th, 2005 01:08 PM
jb
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Yes, the despicable Bush toady from Pennsylvania - hence the "PA version".

Don't worry about Santorum, JB - he will go DOWN in '06. Most of these Nazis are bulletproof, but PA is a funny state - blue with a red center - and they've had enough of Santorum's bullshit.

......................................ss"
July 26th, 2005 04:27 PM
JaggerLips
quote:
jb wrote:
Parental Advisory???

THEY HAVE TO BE JOKING!!

ROLLING STONES ALBUMS NEVER GET PARENTAL ADVISORY PLASTERED ON THEM,
WHY? BECAUSE EVERYONE KNOWS THEIR REPUTATION GOES BEFORE THEM. THEY ARE GOING TO SING ABOUT SEX AND DRUGS AND THEY ARE GOING TO SWEAR.
JESUS CHRIST WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO WHEN PRISSY POLITICAL CORRECT PEOPLE START PUTTING PARENTAL ADVISORY STICKERS ON ROLLING STONES RECORDS.

OH NO NOT YOU AGAIN FUCKING UP MY LIFE!
July 26th, 2005 04:33 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
JaggerLips wrote:

THEY HAVE TO BE JOKING!!

WHY? BECAUSE EVERYONE KNOWS THEIR REPUTATION GOES BEFORE THEM. THEY ARE GOING TO SING ABOUT SEX AND DRUGS AND THEY ARE GOING TO SWEAR.
JESUS CHRIST WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO WHEN PRISSY POLITICAL CORRECT PEOPLE START PUTTING PARENTAL ADVISORY STICKERS ON ROLLING STONES RECORDS.

Please calm down! Are you related to Bill Perks?
July 26th, 2005 04:36 PM
JaggerLips
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:

Please calm down! Are you related to Bill Perks?

I'M HIS WIFE!

(THAT WAS A JOKE)

Why you think we are similar?
July 26th, 2005 04:37 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
JaggerLips wrote:

I'M HIS WIFE!

(THAT WAS A JOKE)

Why you think we are similar?

BECAUSE HE ALWAYS USES CAPS!!!!
July 26th, 2005 04:41 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Gazza wrote:

quote:
jb wrote:
Parental Advisory???

I guess that's it, precisely. A "warning sticker" version for the big outlets must be manufactured in the hundreds of thousands. Probably, in this "no stocks, no delays" era, the warning sticker is put on the cd box at the factory stage, before sending to retail.
July 26th, 2005 04:42 PM
JaggerLips
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:

BECAUSE HE ALWAYS USES CAPS!!!!

i use what the HELL i like WHEN i WANT to!
Monkey Woman
quote:
jb wrote:
......................................ss"

Oh, no! jb is a Parselmouth! This board is being infiltrated by Voldemort's agents!

[Edited by Monkey Woman]
ListenToTheLion
quote:
JaggerLips wrote:

i use what the HELL i like WHEN i WANT to!

That's what Bill Perks says all the time!
July 26th, 2005 04:46 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
yes, but they arent enough for walmart...

willie had to change the cover of his latest album to have a palm tree on it (like the island records logo)

plus radio - that "dont phunk with my heart" had a different lyric on the radio. same sh*tty song, though...

Uh, oh! Plus multiple covers mean... multiple buys from die-hard fans and collectors... Damn the music industry to feed one perversion with another!
July 26th, 2005 04:47 PM
JaggerLips
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:

That's what Bill Perks says all the time!

Maybe then I've found my soulmate?

I could end up being Mrs Bill Perks
LOL

ANYBODY SEEN MY BILL PERKS ANYBODY SEEN HIM AROUND?
LOL
July 26th, 2005 04:48 PM
pdog Upgraded Remasters?
July 26th, 2005 04:49 PM
Poplar
quote:
KeepRigid wrote:
I assumed it stood for "Prince Albert"?

ha - good one!
July 26th, 2005 04:54 PM
Scottfree
quote:
jb wrote:

No, we live in a Red Country controlled by religious zealots who , secretly, are the most perverted of all. Just like Sen Rick Santorum...a hateful anti-gay Senator, whose aide just came out and admitted he was gay. Hypocrites and liars!!! Thats why these "righty" Stones fans are a joke..they love Bush, but he would disapprove of their drinking, womanizing, partying ways....we are a doomed country whose best days are behind us. I shall move to FraNCE, bRITAIN, OTR iSRAEL ID hILLARY LOSES IN 08.

See Tipper Gore....yeah she's a right winger all right.....
July 26th, 2005 04:59 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
pdog wrote:
Upgraded Remasters?

i hope so. sacd..? i'll buy 'em all!!!

so they will have a version that is clean, with no profanity, for walmart, and then the version with the sticker for the discerning adults, who can handle the profanity...
July 26th, 2005 05:01 PM
pdog
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

i hope so. sacd..? i'll buy 'em all!!!

so they will have a version that is clean, with no profanity, for walmart, and then the version with the sticker for the discerning adults, who can handle the profanity...

Let's hope we get an upgrade... Technology has improved tremendously since 1994. I'll only buy these if there's an upgrade. I got all the SACD's, all the 1994 remasters and all the 1994 Limited Ed. remasters.
July 26th, 2005 05:04 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Scottfree wrote:

See Tipper Gore....yeah she's a right winger all right.....

Too true. The cretins are on every corner of the political chessboard.

BTW, jb, if you're entertaining thoughts of moving to France (ha!) in 2008, think again. The trend in our political climate is toward more and more right-wing attitude. In three years time, we might well have a G.W.Bush copycat as a president, in the person of the very popular Nicolas Sarkozy... Think Canada. Or even better, put your (no doubt fabulous) wealth at Hillary's disposition for her campaign!
July 26th, 2005 05:04 PM
mac_daddy the sacd is really woth the $$, esp. if ludwig did the transfers from the master tapes again...

one can hope...
July 26th, 2005 05:14 PM
Gazza
quote:
JaggerLips wrote:

THEY HAVE TO BE JOKING!!

Voodoo Lounge came with an "explicit lyrics" sticker, actually.

However, its fucking ridiculous if its got to the stage where you have to re-record vocals or edit songs to have it stocked in some store.

I can almost understand it if the cover art is offensive and needs replaced (although the Live Licks paranoia over a couple of cartoon tits is absurdity in the extreme) but if you arent LISTENING to the bloody record in the shops, who's being offended?

Pretty convenient I guess if it means some mugs buying the album more than once to 'have' both versions
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)