ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy !!
After August 1st rehearsals
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones Fans Who LIKE RJ and SOL ONLY!!! Return to archive
July 26th, 2005 07:33 AM
exile I feel like a Leper on this board because I like "Rough Justice" and "Streets of Love"

So for those who like the songs maybe in this thread we can discuss the positive points of the songs.

I personally don't think there is anything wrong with either songs. In fact the more I listen the MORE I like them.

I think they are both great songs.I'm excited about the album.

I'm also excited as its going to be a double AA single....SOL for the younger hit orientated stations and RJ for the more rock stations. Its a brilliant idea.

I know there are some posters out there who agree with me.
this thread is for you.

July 26th, 2005 03:42 PM
ListenToTheLion LOL you have many supporters!!!
July 26th, 2005 03:46 PM
Jumacfly
hi there

My fav Stones track is Winning Ugly and my fav member of the band is Blondie Chaplin..can I join the club??
July 26th, 2005 03:51 PM
JaggerLips Exile I stand with you!

Rough Justice is a messy rocker, Charlie is fantastic (as always) Mick's voice is as good as ever, Love the intro on the guitars and the guitars throughout the song.

Streets of Love, a quite touching song, Jagger's vocals are quite funny. I think this song is quite mocking. I don't think that it's designed to be 100% sincere. This makes it a great Stones ballad.
July 26th, 2005 03:54 PM
ListenToTheLion You may be grateful to me I saved this thread!!!
July 26th, 2005 05:32 PM
PeerQueer I too like them both - well, I like Streets, and absolutely love Rough Justice.

Both are strong efforts and it bodes well for the overall quality of the upcomning album.
July 26th, 2005 06:12 PM
lotsajizz the naysayers are typical stubborn old people who glorify past events and can not admit anything new comes close in order to justify their aging to themselves....

that said, 'Rough Justice' rocks!!
July 26th, 2005 08:16 PM
exile
quote:
JaggerLips wrote:
Streets of Love, Jagger's vocals are quite funny. I think this song is quite mocking. I don't think that it's designed to be 100% sincere. This makes it a great Stones ballad.

I agree as well
I think the lyrics are a bit tongue in cheek as well. your 'awful bright','awful smart'

quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:
You may be grateful to me I saved this thread!!!

I am eternally grateful ListenToTheLion for saving my thread from oblivion

quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
My fav Stones track is Winning Ugly and my fav member of the band is Blondie Chaplin..can I join the club??

That's quite funny :-)
July 26th, 2005 08:59 PM
keefkid Ruff Justice KICKS ASS...i luv it
July 26th, 2005 09:13 PM
souldoggie Great thread...THANKS. I love both of the songs. And I knew that the ballad would grow on me. I've been through this "new Stones songs" thing before. Since the early 70's anyway. And if you've been through it, you would know that it's just silly to form an opinion on a song in 48 hours. Hell, a handful of bozo's around here decided they didn't like the songs THE FIRST TIME THEY HEARD THEM. And then they couldn't wait to tell everyone else around here how bad the songs sucked. What in the hell is that all about?

Anyway, put me down as one who loves both of these tracks. And I can't wait to hear the next 14.
July 26th, 2005 09:38 PM
T&A
quote:
souldoggie wrote:
Great thread...THANKS. I love both of the songs. And I knew that the ballad would grow on me. I've been through this "new Stones songs" thing before. Since the early 70's anyway. And if you've been through it, you would know that it's just silly to form an opinion on a song in 48 hours. Hell, a handful of bozo's around here decided they didn't like the songs THE FIRST TIME THEY HEARD THEM. And then they couldn't wait to tell everyone else around here how bad the songs sucked. What in the hell is that all about?

Anyway, put me down as one who loves both of these tracks. And I can't wait to hear the next 14.

I didn't like the songs the first, second, third, fourth and fifth time. So, am I one of your "bozos"?

Honestly, the name-calling crapola is amazing to me. "Agree with me or else I'll call you a bozo." Smart.
July 26th, 2005 09:51 PM
souldoggie So, am I one of your "bozos"?

Now that you mention it...yes.

And not because you don't like the song.
July 26th, 2005 11:15 PM
Soldatti
quote:
exile wrote:
I'm also excited as its going to be a double AA single....SOL for the younger hit orientated stations and RJ for the more rock stations. Its a brilliant idea.

It's not a good idea, they will not get airplay on pop radio anymore. In Mainstream Rock they are still on top of the charts, the only chance for SOL is digital downloads.
July 27th, 2005 12:09 AM
Bloozehound sup bozos
July 27th, 2005 12:29 AM
pdog
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
sup bozos

sup!

July 27th, 2005 10:57 AM
exile Well Bozo's the Stones are on tour again and thats a good thing!

BRING ON THE TOUR!

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)