ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy !!
After August 1st rehearsals
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Master and Margarita Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
July 28th, 2005 09:24 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

How dare you post something related to the original thread!!!!

Just kidding. Thanks for the recommendation. I will definitely check it out - The Master & Margarita has entered my all-time favorite books list very near the top.

Not a fan of Heart of Dog. Like the concept and the beginning is great but think it becomes a little too Russian by the end. Unlike M & M, which just keeps crescendoing until it morphs from social critique to out and out visionary masterpiece into utter burlesque. I love that Diaboliad collection of short stories, though.

Flea - that image is KILLER. I checked out the site they came from -- all those pitchers is great. Thanks!

July 28th, 2005 09:30 AM
FPM C10
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

MEIN KEMPF HAS BEEN KNOWN TO COMFORT JEWS AS WELL.

July 28th, 2005 09:46 AM
FPM C10
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:

Not a fan of Heart of Dog. Like the concept and the beginning is great but think it becomes a little too Russian by the end. Unlike M & M, which just keeps crescendoing until it morphs from social critique to out and out visionary masterpiece into utter burlesque. I love that Diaboliad collection of short stories, though.

I will check out any/everything I can by Bulgakov. I'm still just utterly blown away by M&M, and can't believe I waited so long to read it. It goes on the shelf right next to Gabriel Garcia Marquez, and for me, that's the TOP shelf.

The fact that it inspired one of the greatest rock and roll songs EVER is a very cool footnote too!

quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:

Flea - that image is KILLER. I checked out the site they came from -- all those pitchers is great. Thanks!

Aren't they COOL as hell? That book is SO cinematic - I was picturing every scene in it as if it were a film. I am so curious about the Russian film being made for TV - I found a couple of mentions of it online:

News on Master & Margarita. [ 8-Íîÿáðÿ-2004 ]

Film Director Vladimir Bortko (tv-broadcasting Rossia) will be shooting some of the episodes from the TV series Master & Margarita in St. Petersburg. Other episodes will be filmed in Moscow and in Yalta. Parts of the show will also be filmed abroad – in Bulgaria and in Israel.
Ijeshya is played by Sergey Bezrukov; Dmitry Nagiev plays Ijuda; Voland is played by Oleg Basiashvilli, Master is played by Alexander Galbin, and Anna Kovalchyk has the part of Margarita. All previous attempts to create a movie based on the Bulgakov’s novel had failed. Some actors refused to accept the offered parts because of the superstition.
When asked for how long he will shoot the movie, the Director answers – “very long”. However, the movie is supposed to be out in the end of 2005.
During the month of November they will continue shooting in St.Petersburg. We will definitely share with you any new information on the latest events form the sets. At the same time we are trying to re-create the mystical scene Satan’s Ball.

In my head the film looks like this:

www.bakushina.ru/ photo/index.php

July 28th, 2005 10:00 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

What are you picking on her for, she's a nice girl.
July 28th, 2005 10:09 AM
Nasty Habits I have no idea how they can possibly do the ball justice. I've read all the great fantasists and macabre writers and I've never read ANYTHING as horrific, vivid, and terrifyingly beautiful as that scene.

It's like Poe's wet dreams or something.
July 28th, 2005 10:26 AM
FPM C10
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

What are you picking on her for, she's a nice girl.

"She" IS?

The Bush administration certainly attracts a fine group of male prostitutes and female impersonators!

Hey, as long as they're good "christians".
July 28th, 2005 10:31 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

I could suck that lump out with a big hickey.
July 28th, 2005 10:48 AM
FPM C10
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

I could suck that lump out with a big hickey.

You're grossing me out now, TTM.

AND you're dreaming! Ann's not into straight sex. She's into the pee-and-poop scene.

[Edited by FPM C10]
July 28th, 2005 11:00 AM
Joey " She's into the pee-and-poop scene. "

< ----------------- YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!

*********** IMMEDIATE END TO TRANSMISSION ***************

July 28th, 2005 12:11 PM
purrcafe
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

MEIN KEMPF HAS BEEN KNOWN TO COMFORT JEWS AS WELL.

Is that the German translation of Mrs. Kemp's book about her former Vice Presidental candiate husband? We Jews take no comfort in that. It think the one you mean to refer to is Mein Kampf.
July 28th, 2005 04:09 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
7. Did I miss anything?

Nope! Those were 6 good reasons why I'm glad you're here!
July 28th, 2005 04:17 PM
mac_daddy is this what you are talking about..?

i read through the introduction, and the author sounds like an interesting guy...

July 28th, 2005 04:21 PM
FPM C10
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
is this what you are talking about..?

i read through the introduction, and the author sounds like an interesting guy...

That's it. Thanks to Marianne Faithfull for turning us all on to it, indirectly!
July 28th, 2005 04:48 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

That's it. Thanks to Marianne Faithfull for turning us all on to it, indirectly!

what did she have to do with it..? is she the first of the group that read the book and shared it with mick..?

boy, the glimmer twins got alot of stuff from their two women at that point... hell, anita taught keef how to be cool :P

anyway, this looks to be an interesting read, and i will get on it directly...

thanks for the info.
July 28th, 2005 05:02 PM
FPM C10
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

what did she have to do with it..? is she the first of the group that read the book and shared it with mick..?

Yes, she read it, gave it to Mick, who read it and then wrote "Sympathy For the Devil".
July 28th, 2005 09:06 PM
Brainbell Jangler There is just no end to the reasons for being thankful to Marianne Faithfull. All that and "Broken English" too!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)