ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy !!
After August 1st rehearsals
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "Willie Wonka"/"Performance" connection Return to archive
July 25th, 2005 01:52 PM
Blackcloakcat Having seen the trailers & photos of Johnny Depp as Willie Wonka, & reading how he used Brian Jones as an inluence to base his charater on, including the hair & eccentric/reclusive side, anyone notice he resembles Mick as Turner in "Performance"? There is a hint of Brian in the voice(a la "Circus"), but mainly it seems to draw from Mick's performance(no pun intended, LOL!). I would love to hear what Johnny Depp & co-star James Fox talked about. I wonder if it somehow influenced James Fox to be given a role in such a big flick. Any other takes? BCC
July 26th, 2005 04:06 AM
gorda
quote:
Blackcloakcat wrote:
Having seen the trailers & photos of Johnny Depp as Willie Wonka, & reading how he used Brian Jones as an inluence to base his charater on, including the hair & eccentric/reclusive side, anyone notice he resembles Mick as Turner in "Performance"? There is a hint of Brian in the voice(a la "Circus"), but mainly it seems to draw from Mick's performance(no pun intended, LOL!). I would love to hear what Johnny Depp & co-star James Fox talked about. I wonder if it somehow influenced James Fox to be given a role in such a big flick. Any other takes? BCC

I CAN'T BELIEVE I TOTALLY MISSED IT! I JUST SAW THAT MOVIE LAST NIGHT AND I DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE CHAZ!!!

I need to go back and see this movie again!

So, tell me, James Fox plays Mr. Salt. Mr. Salt was the rich guy with the spoiled, bratty daughter? The one that screamed, "Daddy, I want one of those squirrels!" And, then all the squirrels attacked her and threw her down the garbage chute! Ha! Ha! Poor, little girl! She can't help it! It's not her fault, that her parents didn't raise her right!

Still, the funniest part was the little girl that chewed gum and blew up into a giant blueberry!

I swear, I have never done acid, but I imagine that this movie is about as close to an acid trip as you can get without actually taking LSD!
July 26th, 2005 10:54 PM
Marianne I never thought of Johnny's character any where near Mick's Turner, but there are resemblences I supposed. I don't know, Turner was bisexual and very erotically mastered. Johnny's Wonka seemed to be almost enuch and very unaffected by anything even remotely sexual.

It was weird when I learned that James Fox was in Charlie And The Chocolate Factory. It was weird seeing the same dude that kissed Mick Jagger 36 years ago play a spoiling father of a little brat, playing next to Johnny Depp. Very weird.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)