ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

ArenA, Amsterdam 31st July
© Rick Nederstigt with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: $35 Parking In Boston! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
27th July 2006 05:08 PM
glencar My friends who went to tonight's Bon Jovi concert at Gillette Stadium report that parking at the stadium is $35! What can a poor boy do?
27th July 2006 05:15 PM
pdog
[Edited by pdog]
27th July 2006 05:16 PM
Nellcote I used to pahk the cahs @ Gillette two years ago, the price has not changed.
The owners of the stadium built it all with their $$, no state handouts, thus the reason for the $$ in the lots.
GC, you will come, no?
There is no green monstah @ Gillette
27th July 2006 05:17 PM
winter
quote:
glencar wrote:
My friends who went to tonight's Bon Jovi concert at Gillette Stadium report that parking at the stadium is $35! What can a poor boy do?

Get friends with better musical taste. . . .

wintah
27th July 2006 05:18 PM
Dan Carpool. Hitch hike. My favorite - public transportation but these suburban venues aren't always accessible.
27th July 2006 05:23 PM
glencar
quote:
winter wrote:

Get friends with better musical taste. . . .

wintah

They also like the Stones...I've tried to break them of this Bon Jovi fixation but one can you do?
27th July 2006 05:24 PM
glencar
quote:
Dan wrote:
Carpool. Hitch hike. My favorite - public transportation but these suburban venues aren't always accessible.

If yer from out of town, it's tougher to use public transport.
27th July 2006 05:25 PM
glencar
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
I used to pahk the cahs @ Gillette two years ago, the price has not changed.
The owners of the stadium built it all with their $$, no state handouts, thus the reason for the $$ in the lots.
GC, you will come, no?
There is no green monstah @ Gillette

I might go this time. It depends on work schedule. It'll be a killer show. Better set list(fingers crossed) and they'll play like possessed men.
27th July 2006 05:25 PM
Rolling1 parking at soldier field last year was either 35.00 or 25.00 then in memphis it was 5.00 a block away. go figure.
27th July 2006 05:26 PM
glencar We parked at an offsite lot for Soldier Field & walked...
27th July 2006 05:29 PM
Dan
quote:
glencar wrote:
If yer from out of town, it's tougher to use public transport.

But easily researched on the internet. I usually check out such things before traveling to save on cab fair and all that. Also to me, 5 miles is walking distance. I walked home from the previously mentioned Ringo show.
27th July 2006 05:30 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
They also like the Stones...I've tried to break them of this Bon Jovi fixation but one can you do?

You could shoot them before their influence becomes too strong

less painful for everyone. If they were still around, theyd probably thank you for it
27th July 2006 05:31 PM
winter
quote:
glencar wrote:

Wow, there are people who like both the Stones and Bon Jovi? Sort of like musical bi-sexuality, no?

Gilette will be a hoot, but parking is expensive. I would not recommend public transport though -

27th July 2006 05:32 PM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

You could shoot them before their influence becomes too strong

less painful for everyone. If they were still around, theyd probably thank you for it

Nah, I'm a peaceful man. They know that I know Bon Jovi stinks & they don't mention it too often. I did get stuck one night watching a Bon Jovi DVD at their house & that's when I realized howe bad the group actually was.
27th July 2006 05:33 PM
glencar
quote:
winter wrote:

Wow, there are people who like both the Stones and Bon Jovi? Sort of like musical bi-sexuality, no?

Gilette will be a hoot, but parking is expensive. I would not recommend public transport though -

A co-worker of mine likes both groups AND the Iagles.
27th July 2006 05:39 PM
Nellcote The chick JBV duets with on the country video, Can't Go Home is smmmokin...Jennifer Nettles is her name...
27th July 2006 05:47 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
A co-worker of mine likes both groups AND the Iagles.

27th July 2006 05:48 PM
glencar pdog, NY?
27th July 2006 05:50 PM
gypsy
quote:
glencar wrote:
My friends who went to tonight's Bon Jovi concert at Gillette Stadium report that parking at the stadium is $35! What can a poor boy do?

That's insane!
27th July 2006 05:57 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Nah, I'm a peaceful man. They know that I know Bon Jovi stinks & they don't mention it too often. I did get stuck one night watching a Bon Jovi DVD at their house & that's when I realized howe bad the group actually was.

They invite you to their home and inflict Bon Jovi DVDs on you? You must have brought a really shitty bottle of wine that night!

27th July 2006 06:00 PM
gypsy
quote:
Gazza wrote:

They invite you to their home and inflict Bon Jovi DVDs on you? You must have brought a really shitty bottle of wine that night!

27th July 2006 06:02 PM
pdog
quote:
gypsy wrote:

27th July 2006 06:03 PM
Dan
quote:
gypsy wrote:

That's insane!

According to

http://www.gillettestadium.com/stadium_information/index.cfm?ac=parking

"it varies for other events" which means it could be more for the Stones.
27th July 2006 06:07 PM
gypsy
quote:
pdog wrote:

27th July 2006 06:12 PM
Saint Sway parking at Gillette was $35 back on Licks.

if you can afford a Stones ticket, you should be able to afford the parking fee

thats like spending $500 on dinner and then squabling over the tip
27th July 2006 06:30 PM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Gazza, I only bring the best. I don't have Joshy's way of bragging but I like howe he does things & I strive to emulate, nay, surpass his ways.
27th July 2006 06:31 PM
glencar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
parking at Gillette was $35 back on Licks.

if you can afford a Stones ticket, you should be able to afford the parking fee

thats like spending $500 on dinner and then squabling over the tip

I've spent as much as a grand on a Stones ticky but $35 for parking pisses me off.
28th July 2006 04:33 AM
tumblingdice01 Parking at Gillette for the Licks show was only $25 as far as I remember and I parked in the main lot. I complained to the attendant and he said "we know but they told us to charge $25"

If it's now $35, then Robert Kraft should be told to stuff it and everyone park along the highway. That's robbery.

As for taking public transportation, just exactly which transport from Logan Airport are you referring to?
28th July 2006 05:52 AM
Nellcote Dice, it is what it is.
Back at Licks you were paying less for everything.
And, without Kraft building that venue, with his own $$, you would be traveling to see the Stones in September.
Park out near Papa Ginos, or the Red Wing, pay $10 less and walk, simple as that.
28th July 2006 07:30 AM
chevysales
quote:
glencar wrote:

plus a two hour deal just to get out of the lot!!!!!!!!!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)