ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

ArenA, Amsterdam 31st July
© Rick Nederstigt with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I have a question... Return to archive
27th July 2006 02:43 PM
keefkid How on earth did Marlon Richards not grow up to be one of the most f'd up celebrity children of all time?? or did he and we just dont hear about it because of the Stones PR or something...

im reading Victor Bockris KR bio right now...

things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmm

27th July 2006 02:45 PM
jb maybe he did not want all the attention? He seems pretty down to earth and very private...
27th July 2006 02:46 PM
Saint Sway when your pop is Keith Richards, I'm sure its easy to develop a sense of "been-there-done-that"

growing up in that world, after a while, everything is old hat
27th July 2006 02:47 PM
pdog Maybe Keith was a good Dad, despite being on drugs!
Not everyone from a bad home is fucked, and not all good homes produce well adjusted people...
You just never know!
27th July 2006 02:50 PM
keefkid
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
when your pop is Keith Richards, I'm sure its easy to develop a sense of "been-there-done-that"

growing up in that world, after a while, everything is old hat

ya maybe thats it... but the acces to drugs when he was very young must have been unreal... just look at John Phillips kid, .. what is it.. Mackenzie yea i read something, her & her brother i think they were tapping daddy's coke & acid stash when they were only like 12 years old...

guess Marlon was smart enough to stay away...
27th July 2006 02:51 PM
Joey

Nanky ?!?!

27th July 2006 02:52 PM
keefkid
quote:
pdog wrote:
Maybe Keith was a good Dad, despite being on drugs!
Not everyone from a bad home is fucked, and not all good homes produce well adjusted people...
You just never know!

i think keith was and is a good dad regardless of the drugs... but im just thinking about the easy access to so many drugs Marlon must have had and the casual use he saw around him all the time...

i guess he was not interested in becoming a junkie good for him...
27th July 2006 03:20 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

Nanky ?!?!

Why does he , a natural brinette, chose a dirty blonde hair piece???Why
27th July 2006 03:22 PM
Jair Anyone has a pic of him? I mean, a recent one?
27th July 2006 03:53 PM
Honky Tonk Man I don't know about Marlon, but Keith and Anita’s other kid (Dandelion, no?) was bought up in Dartford for a long time by Keith’s parents. As a matter of fact, one of my dads work colleagues used to be her French teacher. He told my dad that she was a good student but didn’t think that Keith had a great deal to do with her at the time.
28th July 2006 10:25 AM
keefkid
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
I don't know about Marlon, but Keith and Anita’s other kid (Dandelion, no?) was bought up in Dartford for a long time by Keith’s parents. As a matter of fact, one of my dads work colleagues used to be her French teacher. He told my dad that she was a good student but didn’t think that Keith had a great deal to do with her at the time.

angela (dandelion) went to live with keith's mother when she was like 4 years old, there is a part in Vic Bockris bio where Anita says she could not handle her especially on tour, she would wander off all the time and Anita would find her sitting on strangers laps, etc, Marlon was about 8 at the time and just incredibly undisiciplined, mostly telling anyone who tried to talk to him to fuck off and spoiled rotten and described as 'psychotic'... i know with all the drugs anita was doing she couldnt handle either of them... and they had a nanny of course but...

heres a pretty recent pic of the whole family:

28th July 2006 10:44 AM
StickyFishFingers This makes me wonder about Brian's kids. Does anybody know what has happened to all of them? I seem to recall he has two sons with the same name - Julian i think
28th July 2006 12:13 PM
Jair
quote:
keefkid wrote:
(...)
heres a pretty recent pic of the whole family:

Thanks, many thanks for post the pic. Cool.

I have one, an old one, in that he's playing snooker but I don't remind where, tons of lost papers on Stones... I will try to find it...
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)