ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

ArenA, Amsterdam 31st July
© Rick Nederstigt with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The war must stop (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
27th July 2006 10:58 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Taptrick wrote:

Photos are an appeal to emotion over rationality. You can find disturbing photos from either side of a conflict over the history of photography. Power doesn't exist in a vacum. Those that think it does suffer because of it.

Right. Or as Chico Marx once asked, "Who you gonna believe: me or your own eyes?"
27th July 2006 11:01 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

Right. Or as Chico Marx once asked, "Who you gonna believe: me or your own eyes?"

You should tell that to the chief supporter of Hezbollah...you know the one who thinks the holocaust never happened

27th July 2006 11:01 PM
Zulu Fun Mix
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

You must be chinese...please do not pour pee pee in my coke

And just in case I'm wrong...and you're not chinese

You're a hopeless Kansas dumbfuck. You remind me of some jingoistic hee-haw from the 19th century, loudly whining in terror about "the Injuns" and vowing to kill 'em all on your trek out West, all the while chewing your nails about "the nigggers" and "the Chinnks" for taking all the low-end jobs you might barely be qualified for (cowpoke, etc.). You probably couldn't even locate Afghanistan on a map before 2001, yet now here you are--like your neocunnt heroes--astonishing the world by loudly and obnoxiously instructing everyone else (at gunpoint) how to run their own affairs. Yet who would listen to a racist bonehead like you? So back to the trailer park wit' ya, moron. And don't forget to stop at Bob Evans's on the way home to feed your overweight American ass and absorb some new "ideas" from the other yokels at the buffet counter.
27th July 2006 11:06 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Zulu Fun Mix wrote:

You're a hopeless Kansas dumbfuck. You remind me of some jingoistic hee-haw from the 19th century, loudly whining in terror about "the Injuns" and vowing to kill 'em all on your trek out West, all the while chewing your nails about "the nigggers" and "the Chinnks" for taking all the low-end jobs you might barely be qualified for (cowpoke, etc.). You probably couldn't even locate Afghanistan on a map before 2001, yet now here you are--like your neocunnt heroes--astonishing the world by loudly and obnoxiously instructing everyone else (at gunpoint) how to run their own affairs. Yet who would listen to a racist bonehead like you? So back to the trailer park wit' ya, moron. And don't forget to stop at Bob Evans's on the way home to feed your overweight American ass and absorb some new "ideas" from the other yokels at the buffet counter.

27th July 2006 11:10 PM
Taptrick Re: "Who you gonna believe: me or your own eyes?"

You missed the point. It's obvious photos are....well, obvious. The point is they are emotional appeals as easy to produce on one side as they are the other. Chico MArx for a point? He was probably creative enough to come up with this:

be careful of that advice and those eyes

27th July 2006 11:14 PM
Zulu Fun Mix
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

I see you masturbating.

Not a very effective response, yo yo.
27th July 2006 11:16 PM
glencar Your crap doesn't require a response. Your mind is made up: USA = bad, Hezbollah = good. WHy waste any more time?
27th July 2006 11:17 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Zulu Fun Mix wrote:

Not a very effective response, yo yo.

27th July 2006 11:17 PM
Zulu Fun Mix
quote:
glencar wrote:
Your crap doesn't require a response. Your mind is made up: USA = bad, Hezbollah = good. WHy waste any more time?

Right, genius. I talked all about Hezbollah.
27th July 2006 11:18 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
glencar wrote:
Your crap doesn't require a response. Your mind is made up: USA = bad, Hezbollah = good. WHy waste any more time?

It is not what it pretends to be...I'm kept in the loop about these things

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
27th July 2006 11:35 PM
glencar
quote:
Zulu Fun Mix wrote:

You an ass. I gotta go. Love & peace, baby!
27th July 2006 11:37 PM
pdog
If Islamic Fundamentalists stopped fighting, it's over! If Israel stopped fighting, they would be destroyed!
This isn't a question of right versus wrong, it's a matter of survival...

You attack me, I defend myself. You attack my people, be prepared to die!

I'm an American by birth and a Jew until death!

Just in case anyone was wondering... I've always been a supporter of Palestine... Most Palestinians not only want peace, they despise the people who have used them as a rallying cry to destroy Israel, and who only want to give them bombs and weapons...
What's the most sad in all this, the Muslims who want peace and reform, in most cases can't speak out b/c of the radical and supressive Islamic fundamentalists who are in power... The same religous leaders who cut of little girls clits...
This all makes me very sad, but it also proves, that to be a Muslim or a Jew sucks! And if it comes down to a victor or a vanquished, my side is my people. I accept that!
With all the bullshit heaped upon Palestinians in Gazza and West Bank, it ain't shit, IT AIN'T SHIT! Compared to what happened to the Jews in recent history. Israeli attacks are aimed at Hezbolah military targets with every hope to avoid killing civilians. Hezbollah missiles are aimed at cities, with every hope of killing civilians. I despise war. Always have, but I'm not so foolish or ignorant to think I can wish it away. I'm also not so foolish to think all armies are happy with victory. In this case the victory for me is peace, for my enemy it is the inihaltion of my people!
I respect those whom I call friends here who feel differently... For me this is personal. I lost family during the hollacaust, and when I hear The Iranian leader say it didn't happen, call for the death of all jews and fund hezbollah 100's of millions of dollars, I take this very personal.
All bullshit aside. I would die and I'm prepared to fight the enemies of my people. Never again will Jews ever sit back and allow the systematic extermination to happen again. There is great empathy among us, for the Palestinians, and if the attacks stopped on us, this would end and a free and great state for Palestine could be born. God knows Israel has tried, even while buses full of children blow up. Palestine can't be built on hate, nothing can be built with hate!
God Bless You. May you live out your life in Peace!
27th July 2006 11:41 PM
Taptrick

Pdog, the hot chicks aren't dancing for me anymore in your messages. Whadup?

27th July 2006 11:43 PM
gypsy
quote:
Zulu Fun Mix wrote:

27th July 2006 11:44 PM
pdog
quote:
Taptrick wrote:

Pdog, the hot chicks aren't dancing for me anymore in your messages. Whadup?

Even a stripper takes a vacation! I like the subtle woman right now... Less is more. It's very erotic!
Jiggly and pull your pants up were getting old. not bound to please was right about that, you gotta change it up... Doesn't mean I won't have others...

[Edited by pdog]
27th July 2006 11:51 PM
not bound to please
quote:
pdog wrote:

I'm an American by birth and a Jew until death!

Are you circumcised?
27th July 2006 11:52 PM
not bound to please
quote:
pdog wrote:

Even a stripper takes a vacation! I like the subtle woman right now... Less is more. It's very erotic!
Jiggly and pull your pants up were getting old. not bound to please was right about that, you gotta change it up... Doesn't mean I won't have others...

[Edited by pdog]

I am right about all. Bend over before me knave...

28th July 2006 12:07 AM
Dan
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

Are you circumcised?

I am, unfortunately. If I get medical insurance, do you think they would cover a transplant?
28th July 2006 12:18 AM
Fiji Joe "Ice Cream!

<BGSOUND src="file.wav">

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
28th July 2006 12:38 AM
pdog
quote:
Are you circumcised?

Whatever you want baby doll!

28th July 2006 12:40 AM
pdog
quote:

I am right about all. Bend over before me knave...

Don't pat yourself on the back too much. I said I needed change, I'm still a sleaze!

28th July 2006 12:47 AM
Fiji Joe That's my boy

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
28th July 2006 02:54 AM
FotiniD Well, the thread is hijacked and full of insults, what a big surprise.

Let's all sleep comfortably in our beds while others get killed and then we can come back tomorrow, have another row over our ideas and the world will just keep on spinning.

Even in war, there are some basic principles. Even in war. Like, you don't kill civilians. At least you try to avoid it. If you think all these deaths have been "accidents", well... As I've noticed several years ago, there's more than one realities out there. It's a very subjective kind of thing.

You call yourself a Christian
I think that you're a hypocrite
You say you are a patriot
I think that you're a crock of shit

And listen now, the gasoline
I drink it every day
But it's getting very pricey
And who is going to pay

How come you're so wrong
My sweet neo con....

It's liberty for all
'Cause democracy's our style
Unless you are against us
Then it's prison without trial

But one thing that is certain
Life is good at Haliburton
If you're really so astute
You should invest at Brown & Root....

How come you're so wrong
My sweet neo con
If you turn out right
I'll eat my hat tonight

It's getting very scary
Yes, I'm frightened out of my wits
There's bombers in my bedroom
Yeah and it's giving me the shits

We must have lots more bases
To protect us from our foes
Who needs these foolish friendships
We're going it alone

How come you're so wrong
My sweet neo con
Where's the money gone
In the Pentagon

28th July 2006 03:14 AM
2000monkey >>The other side's "culture" forbids rock music, close dancing, cartoons depicting their God and even kite flying.<<

They should drop thousands of hideous cartoons of Mohammed down onto open oil fields and away from children, grandmothers and dogs. The Islamites will explode with testosterone at the effrontery of these actions on their territory. Bombs only make them scatter but cartoons make them cling together and screech like howler monkeys. Remember all the organized protest hoopla over the lousy Dutch cartoon. You drop the cartoons down instead of bombs and all the terrorist clubs will be their trying to remove the blasphemy from the sacred sands. Then you kill the fuck out of them. This will also thwart the neo-cons who want all the stupid stuff the stone age sheep herders wrote in Revelations to come true.
28th July 2006 03:34 AM
pdog
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Even in war, there are some basic principles. Even in war. Like, you don't kill civilians. At least you try to avoid it.

Not killing civilians is a pretty new concept when it comes to human conflict, ironic that it's also been created by the so-called bad guys (Western Democracy).

My image of war isn't great armies fighting for honor and principle and showing their enemy quarter on the field of battle. The image of war in my minds eye, is now and always has been death, with no mercy or limits.

It's repulsive and sickening, and is at the very core of human existence. Humans kill each other and also are capable of kindness and compassion. It's the duality of man. Being accepting of both , I'm a complete person. Maybe it's just me... I just know I can be a tender loving father and husband and I could kill a person if I had to defend my family. I'm pretty sure that's how I was made to be!
I'm still figuring shit out... Deep inside I wish for a utopian nirvana on earth, but I'm not expecting. I'm expecting the worst!
28th July 2006 04:01 AM
FotiniD
quote:
pdog wrote:

I'm still figuring shit out... Deep inside I wish for a utopian nirvana on earth, but I'm not expecting. I'm expecting the worst!

Sure thing, humans are not 100% pure, loving, accepting beings. I agree with you. And who wouldn't defend their families if they had to?

But what I always thought and still think is that if it was up to you and me and people in general, wars wouldn't happen. Why whould an average guy from Israel or the States, Iraq, Lebanon etc. wake up one day, take a gun and start shooting? It's the political and financial profits behind all this, all dressed up in "ideas", "holy wars" and "wars for freedom" that lead people to this sort of behavior. Misinformation and then of course war crimes that turn average people into fanatics, be it Western or Eastern. If it was up to the common man, there would be no war.

For instance, there would be no such fanatism in parts of the eastern world if they hadn't lived through such sadness and loss with all the wars coming from the west. When a man has lost everything, what's left to lose? And it goes vice versa. It's like we're puppets, led to believe what they want us to believe. Hate the eastern man and go kill him, cause otherwise he'll kill you first. And vice versa. But that's just not it!

Now, is it utopian to believe we can achieve such a state of peace? Maybe it is. But if we just open our minds up and think twice before accepting all we are served, perhaps this world WOULD change to the better.
28th July 2006 05:47 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
Zulu Fun Mix wrote:

Get used to it--the mental midgets who act as Israel's apologists here always seek to argue what they CAN argue wuth rather than what was actually said. Makes them think they have a brain....
28th July 2006 06:11 AM
Jumping Jack Anyone who thinks the American media is run by liberal Jews should know better now. Liberal, absolutely, but not symapthetic to Jews or Isreal in the least. Fox News has been the closest to understanding Isreal's plight.

When Isreal and Jews everywhere are being threatened, it is absolutely crazy that 80% will still vote for the far left wackos who support terrorists and favor sacrificing Isreal as the path of least resistance in international policy.

You get to determine your own fate. Think before you vote.

Anybody catch Bolton bitch slapping John Kerry yesterday? A thing of beauty! Should that dumbass decide to run again yesterday's footage will be run in commercials continuously. Talk about being HUMILIATED!
28th July 2006 06:33 AM
not bound to please [quote]Jumping Jack wrote:
Anyone who thinks the American media is run by liberal Jews should know better now. Liberal, absolutely, but not symapthetic to Jews or Isreal in the least. Fox News has been the closest to understanding Isreal's plight.

Have you seen the news overseas and in Canada? My uncle is a news junkie and gets Greek stations on satellite. We were out to dinner right after the war in Iraq started and he said the difference in coverage is amazing. The US news media shows very limited coverage and stories.

"When Isreal and Jews everywhere are being threatened,"

Oh come on - Jews are not being threatened anyplace but Israel.

"Anybody catch Bolton bitch slapping John Kerry"

Why was Michael Bolton bitch slapping John Kerry?

28th July 2006 06:43 AM
Dick Bush
quote:
Zulu Fun Mix wrote:

Yet who would listen to a racist bonehead like you? So back to the trailer park wit' ya, moron.

Though I perfectly agree with you on that, you might have told that in a less direct way.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)