ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

ArenA, Amsterdam 31st July
© Rick Nederstigt with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The war must stop (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
27th July 2006 10:13 AM
stonestom WAR HAS NEVER SOLVED ANYTHING..........

Joey
quote:
not bound to please wrote:
Hi Fontini.

I posted a link to those photos on one of our hijacked threads days ago. Fij must not have looked at or read any of the articles he was arguing about!

Lambchop ..................................

I just took my morning shit !

Get over here !!!!! ..... NOW !!!!

J.
Caked !
not bound to please
quote:
Joey wrote:

Lambchop ..................................

I just took my morning shit !

Get over here !!!!! ..... NOW !!!!

J.
Caked !

no!
27th July 2006 10:14 AM
stonestom .................except ending slavery, fascism, nazism, and communism.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
27th July 2006 10:14 AM
Joey
quote:

no!

27th July 2006 10:16 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Dick Bush wrote:

Hiya Fiji, whats doin, may I ask you a personal question?

Are you a drilled soldier, a cop, or are you practicing some other profession or business for which a licence is required for not to think with your brains?

Shut the fuck up, buddy boy.

I'll just put you down as one of the many who can't answer my question

27th July 2006 10:19 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Hi Fontini.

I posted a link to those photos on one of our hijacked threads days ago. Fij must not have looked at or read any of the articles he was arguing about!

Oh I read them...

But address this for me...do these photo bother you?..it's the stated goal of Hezbollah...do these BOTHER you?

http://www.holocaust-history.org/hungarian-photos/jpg/12-1142.jpg

http://www.holocaust-history.org/hungarian-photos/jpg/05-0512.jpg

[Edited by Gazza]
27th July 2006 10:22 AM
not bound to please Yes - and so the cycle continues....don't you think it's ironic who's the heavy now?
27th July 2006 10:24 AM
Gazza If anyone feels the need to illustrate their point with photos, please do NOT post graphic photos on this site. The link to them is sufficient. Thanks
27th July 2006 10:26 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Gazza wrote:
If anyone feels the need to illustrate their point with photos, please do NOT post graphic photos on this site. The link to them is sufficient. Thanks

Yes Gazza...my apologies

How Europe won it's freedom...I wonder how many children perished in Dresden...I wonder

http://www.multied.com/WW2/events/images/firebombingofdresden.gif
27th July 2006 10:29 AM
Some Guy This thread must stop.
27th July 2006 10:29 AM
not bound to please
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Yes Gazza...my apologies

How Europe won it's freedom...I wonder how many children perished in Dresden...I wonder

http://www.multied.com/WW2/events/images/firebombingofdresden.gif

Europe is not the same as the zionist state occupied by zealot foriegners (re - mostly americans) and is america's biggest welfare recipient.
27th July 2006 10:30 AM
Mathijs Terrible pictures, especially of innocent children. But, it may sound hard, but evaluating this war, and in fact every other war, should be done emotionless and with your reason intact. Once you let yourself influence by these horrible pictures, emotions are involved. And, although children are always innocent, how innocent is the general Lebense adult who has supported Hezbollah the last 20 years? Are youn innocent when you didn't do anything to disarm Hezbollah, or in fact supported the Syrian occupation?

And we should remember that this war is not so much a war between Israel and Lebenon, but much more a war, or a power struggle, between Iran, Syria and the U.S. Hezbollah is full supported by Syria and Iran, and all it wants to do is show the world and show the US how much power it actually has in the region at this moment. It also is a beautiful decoy for the nuclear program of Iran -nobody talks about that now. You could see this comming for the last two years. Iran was more and more isolated (mainly due to the Bush's complete lack of interest to negotiate with Iran, e.g. all diplomatic ties were cut by Bush), and Iran was more and more screaming louder and louder for attention. As long as the US does not respond or react, Israel can continue with bombing, and although the European Union would never admit it, it would be of every bodies interest that Hezbollah is fully destroyed. Only then negociations with Iran and Syria are possible again.

I hope Isreal bombs the hell out of Hezbollah as quick as possible, with the least possible innocent civilian victims. Then Lebenon can be rebuild for real and real talks with Iran and Syria can start.

Mathijs
ps: I spend 3 weeks in Beirut in 1997, and it was absolutely one of the greatest towns I have ever been to.

27th July 2006 10:30 AM
not bound to please

also - do you know how much porcelain was destroyed?
[Edited by not bound to please]
27th July 2006 10:31 AM
FotiniD Fiji, if you had taken the time to actually read my post, you'd have seen I'm saying there are no winners in war. To make it even clearer, I'm not taking ANYONE'S side here. When I see pictures of children being killed, it doesn't matter to me if they're from Israel or Lebanon or America or wherever. There's no motive or idea in this world to justify killing civilians and ESPECIALLY children.

During the recent past, I've always heard people referring to pictures like this as "mistakes" that happened in the course for "freedom". That kind of freedom equals death in my book, and I don't think those mothers are happy now that their kids have been set "free". There's always a nice, naive way to justify what is murder.

Offended by your remarks? No dear. I'm used to dealing with such unexplained anger when I state my opinion, thank you. If we've reached to a point when seeing dead children doesn't touch people anymore or makes them angry enough to accuse people of wanting peace, well, what can I say? Says much by itself.
27th July 2006 10:33 AM
not bound to please
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
Terrible pictures, especially of innocent children. But, it may sound hard, but evaluating this war, and in fact every other war, should be done emotionless and with your reason intact. Once you let yourself influence by these horrible pictures, emotions are involved. And, although children are always innocent, how innocent is the general Lebense adult who has supported Hezbollah the last 20 years? Are youn innocent when you didn't do anything to disarm Hezbollah, or in fact supported the Syrian occupation?

And we should remember that this war is not so much a war between Israel and Lebenon, but much more a war, or a power struggle, between Iran, Syria and the U.S. Hezbollah is full supported by Syria and Iran, and all it wants to do is show the world and show the US how much power it actually has in the region at this moment. It also is a beautiful decoy for the nuclear program of Iran -nobody talks about that now. You could see this comming for the last two years. Iran was more and more isolated (mainly due to the Bush's complete lack of interest to negotiate with Iran, e.g. all diplomatic ties were cut by Bush), and Iran was more and more screaming louder and louder for attention. As long as the US does not respond or react, Israel can continue with bombing, and although the European Union would never admit it, it would be of every bodies interest that Hezbollah is fully destroyed. Only then negociations with Iran and Syria are possible again.

I hope Isreal bombs the hell out of Hezbollah as quick as possible, with the least possible innocent civilian victims. Then Lebenon can be rebuild for real and real talks with Iran and Syria can start.

Mathijs
ps: I spend 3 weeks in Beirut in 1997, and it was absolutely one of the greatest towns I have ever been to.

Lebanon has something like an almost 40% Christian population. They do not support Hezbollah.
27th July 2006 10:33 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:

Europe is not the same as the zionist state occupied by zealot foriegners (re - mostly americans) and is america's biggest welfare recipient.

Is this what this about?...you're still consumed with your anti-semitism, er uh, anti-zionism?...you would be OK if the jews were not the heavy?...you do realize that in any war, there is a good chance that one side is going to be the heavy?..you can grasp that yes?

Let me say this to you...your refusal to acknowledge that Hezbollah should not be allowed to exist is all I need to know about you
27th July 2006 10:34 AM
not bound to please
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Is this what this about?...you're still consumed with your anti-semitism, er uh, anti-zionism?...you would be OK if the jews were not the heavy?...you do realize that in any war, there is a good chance that one side is going to be the heavy?..you can grasp that yes?

Let me say this to you...your refusal to acknowledge that Hezbollah should not be allowed to exist is all I need to know about you

oy veh!

Hezbollah wouldn't exist if...

27th July 2006 10:34 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
...I wonder how many children perished in Dresden...I wonder

George Bernard Shaw:
"We learn from history that we learn nothing from history."
27th July 2006 10:37 AM
Some Guy Could Armegeddon be close?
27th July 2006 10:39 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Fiji, if you had taken the time to actually read my post, you'd have seen I'm saying there are no winners in war. To make it even clearer, I'm not taking ANYONE'S side here. When I see pictures of children being killed, it doesn't matter to me if they're from Israel or Lebanon or America or wherever. There's no motive or idea in this world to justify killing civilians and ESPECIALLY children.

During the recent past, I've always heard people referring to pictures like this as "mistakes" that happened in the course for "freedom". That kind of freedom equals death in my book, and I don't think those mothers are happy now that their kids have been set "free". There's always a nice, naive way to justify what is murder.

Offended by your remarks? No dear. I'm used to dealing with such unexplained anger when I state my opinion, thank you. If we've reached to a point when seeing dead children doesn't touch people anymore or makes them angry enough to accuse people of wanting peace, well, what can I say? Says much by itself.

I read your posts Fotini...I understood it fine...I got your "there are no winners to war" message...I find it a preposterous statement...I will not give you credit for good intentions...you are, most likley, a winner of war...

I have a grandfather who is buried in France and it is due, largely, to people who think like you...the same people who came up with every excuse they could to avoid facing Hitler and Mussolini...the same people who could have spared millions of lives (even children's lives) if they would have done the universally morally correct thing from the outset...I find your message dangerous...and quite frankly, in light of recent history, puzzling
27th July 2006 10:41 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:

oy veh!

Hezbollah wouldn't exist if...

OK...I'll even give you that...but your if no longer exists...at least not to anyone who is willing to give it any thought
27th July 2006 10:42 AM
Chuck The following was written by an activist in Haifa. He was interrupted twice by air raids while he wrote it:

The meaning of the Second Lebanese War

What is at stake: Zionism and Imperialism as terrorist regimes

Even some bourgeois analysts are baffled by what they term the “overreaction” or “exaggerated response” of Israel, with the full backing of American imperialism, to the killing and kidnapping of a few soldiers. However, there’s a clear logic in the sanguinary Zionist madness. Israel, with a colonialist Jewish population of little more than 5 million people, faces 300 million Arabs and many hundred million more Muslims in the region, e.g. Iran. The Zionist Apartheid regime can therefore survive only by imposing what is, in the full sense of the word, a regime of terror over the peoples of the Middle East. That’s why the militarily insignificant guerrilla operations of Hamas and Hizballah in the Southern and Northern borders of Israel have a huge political significance, since they threaten to smash the myth of the invincibility of the Israel Defense Forces, the main prop (short of direct military intervention) of imperialism in the region. Hence the bestiality of the Israeli reaction to Hizballah’s act of solidarity with the Palestinians, which took place against the background of a Zionist killing spree in the Gaza strip and the West Bank that left more than 100 Palestinians dead and goes on unabated while the headlines are being occupied by the events in the North.

The implications go much further even than the perspective of a potential dismantling of the Zionist Apartheid regime in Palestine and the fall of client Arab regimes in the Middle East. The oppression of the peoples of the Third World, amounting to more than 90% of humanity, by a handful of imperialist states is only possible because of their disunity and military intimidation. In other words, the dominance of imperialism—above all, of course, by the United States—is in the last instance also based on imposing a regime of terror over the semi-colonial masses of Asia, Africa and Latin America. Taken the widest historical view, therefore, what is at stake is the survival of the present system of exploitation, of world capitalism. That’s why the G-8 rushed to the defense of Israel and the US has gone beyond declarations of solidarity to speed up the delivery of precision-guided bombs to Israel. That’s also the reason why Israel, with full US backing, rejected several cease-fire offers from Lebanon and Iran. Zionism and Imperialism wanted war, and they are getting it with a vengeance.

The plans of Zionism and Imperialism

Already once, in 1982, Israel invaded Lebanon, in an operation planned and being carried out in full coordination with the US. The aim of the operation was to reach Beirut¸ wipe out the Palestinian guerrillas operating in the country, and install a Quisling dictator. The first Lebanese war of 1975-1990 left 120,000 dead and 300,000 wounded out of a total population of 3 million—and paved the way for the rising of a non-secular force, Hizballah, as the dominant anti-Zionist and anti-imperialist force in the region.

In this case also, the aim of Zionism and imperialism was to install a puppet regime in Lebanon. The code name for this operation was “the implementation of United Nations Security Council resolution 1559,” which calls for the disarming of Hezbollah and the deployment of the Lebanese Army throughout southern Lebanon. The groundwork for this aggression was laid by Rafiq al-Hariri in 2004, when he worked with the US and France to pass that resolution in the Security Council. The plan had the full support of Israel and client Arab regimes of the US: Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, and Egypt.

But who will be able to disarm Hizballah and assure that it will remain defenseless? Certainly not the insignificant Lebanese army, which didn’t even try to defend the country from the Israeli attacks and in whose ranks are to be found many Shiites, the denomination which provide the social base for Hizballah. Israel repeatedly stated its opposition to the deployment of even an “international” (i.e. imperialist) force in Lebanon and said that it will not agree to the presence of any troops in south Lebanon save for the Lebanese army. In other words: Israel wanted the resulting agreement to be the installation of a puppet regime under direct Zionist/American control, fearing that even an international force would make it more difficult for the IDF to terrorize the civilian population and implement the Zionist plans for the country.

The Failure of the “Yugoslav model”

At the beginning of the second Lebanese war, the military analysts in Israel wanted to believe that it would be “a second Kosovo war,” i.e. a war that would be won quickly through mass bombings by aerial forces alone. Without going into the moral perversity of people who take as a model the low-intensity nuclear warfare waged by NATO against Yugoslavia, which was littered with corpses and depleted uranium, it is clear that this “successful” precedent is irrelevant for the current war. After killing more than 300 civilians, completely destroying the Lebanese economic infrastructure and turning half a million people into refugees (the ethnic cleansing has already affected 20% of the Lebanese population, and now Israel has distributed leaflets calling for residents of the south to leaves their villages; if this happens en masse, the number may increase by another 100,000 or more), Zionism has achieved literally nothing: the combat ability of the Hizballah fighters remains intact and they are even able to launch coordinated missile attacks against all the Northern cities of Israel, encompassing one million inhabitants. The economic activity of the North is completely paralyzed and 25% of its inhabitants have already fled to Southern cities, creating a potentially serious refugee problem within Israel itself.

The failure of the original Zionist strategy has led the Israeli government to call up thousands of soldiers of the reserve and attempt a full-scale invasion of the country by ground troops. The implications of such a move are clear: Northern Command Chief Maj.-Gen. Udi Adam stated explicitly that Israelis should “stop counting the dead,” adding for good measure that “civilians will be killed too.” But for all the bombast and macho-talk, the unusually high casualties ratio of the ground warfare with Hizballah (almost 1:1, whereas in the territories there are usually dozens of Palestinian fighters for every soldier killed) is a serious worry for the Israeli military and government, which are not at all sure that the Israeli population will be willing to back such bloodletting for long. To repeat what we already said in the previous declaration of the CRCI: “What the Zionists didn’t count upon—used as they were to kill basically defenseless Palestinian guerrillas—is that this time they were facing an organization which was armed during the last decade by Iran, and which therefore was able to retaliate to the Israeli attacks, however disproportionate the military forces.”

Lebanon: The Zionist Vietnam

The three Israeli TV channels are actually a single propaganda outlet of the army, but even in that dunghill one can dig up interesting information. For instance, the Israeli general how boasted that Israel had driven Lebanon back 50 years—much like US Air Force chief of staff Curtis LeMay, who during the Vietnam War said: “We’re going to bomb them back into the Stone Age. And we would shove them back into the Stone Age with Air power or Naval power—not with ground forces.” (General Curtis E. LeMay, Mission with LeMay: My Story, Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, 1965, p. 565.)

In the same vein, the Israeli military correspondents report that the Israeli forces are facing a tough guerrilla resistance hiding in bunkers and caves “like the Americans in Vietnam.” Again, they don’t see any moral problem with the analogy, since, paraphrasing Terence, they all feel that nothing imperialist is alien to them. Let us recall that anything between two and three million Vietnamese and 56,000 to 60,000 Americans were killed in Vietnam during the years 1963-1975 (an additional 500,000 Vietnamese and 75,000 French had been killed in 1945-1954) and that the tonnage of bombs dropped by the US on North Vietnam exceeded that in all the theaters during World War II.

But perhaps the most grotesque character was the military analyst who explained why the fighting was so hard: “We mustn’t forget that we are facing a terrorist organization with a yearly budget of 100 million dollars”—which is quite embarrassing considering that Israel gets 30 times that sum yearly from the US, not counting the huge local military budget, estimated at $9.45 billion by the CIA in 2005.

In sum, several thousand determined guerrilla fighters, with a small military budget and a modest supply of weapons from a Third World country (Iran, and perhaps, Syria as well) are beating a monstrous military apparatus built up by imperialism for decades. It’s Vietnam all over again—terrible suffering for the Lebanese people and also, to a much lesser degree, for the Israeli civilians, but good news for the anti-imperialist fighters all over the world.

27th July 2006 10:44 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:

Lebanon has something like an almost 40% Christian population. They do not support Hezbollah.

Dang...really?...some of them must...they must...they live there...thrive there

Wait till I tell ma I met a Hezbollah apologist today...she ain't gonna friggin believe it!
27th July 2006 10:45 AM
Chuck http://www.socialistworker.org/2006...USSupport.shtml

A statement by the International Socialist Organization

*Why the U.S. supports Israel's destruction of Lebanon*

July 28, 2006 | Page 3

THE ISRAELI attack on the Lebanese people is a war that the U.S. government wants. It is an escalation of Israel's ongoing war on the Palestinian people--and is designed to advance the dominance of the U.S. and Israel in the wider Middle East.

The U.S. bears responsibility for the death and destruction caused by the Israeli armed forces: the killing of hundreds of people, the displacement of many hundreds of thousands, and the bombing of bridges, power plants, factories and roads--operations designed to "turn Lebanon's clock back 20 years," as Israeli army chief of staff Dan Halutz put it. Israel has deliberately created a vast humanitarian crisis by devastating Lebanon's infrastructure, causing critical shortages of food, medicine, shelter and fuel.

The Israeli attack is not a response to the capture of two Israeli soldiers by Hezbollah fighters, as claimed. Rather, it is a long-planned campaign that was politically approved and militarily equipped by the U.S. In the context of ongoing wars on Iraq and Afghanistan, the Israeli war on Lebanon is a part of the U.S. effort to militarily dominate the Middle East and Central Asia and control oil and gas resources there.

As activists in the United States, we have a special responsibility to stand with the Lebanese and Palestinian people and all those who resist Israel's Washington-backed war, and reject the pretext of a "war on terror" claimed by both major U.S. political parties and the corporate media.

The carnage and humanitarian crisis caused by Israel's U.S.-made warplanes, missiles and bombs--in Gaza and the West Bank as well as Lebanon--give the lie to promises of "democratization" that accompanied the U.S. invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq.

The U.S. anticipated that the invasion of Iraq would open the way to further "regime changes" in the Middle East. Instead, resistance to the occupation led to a deepening military and political crisis for U.S. imperialism. As a result, Iran--targeted by the U.S. as part of a supposed "axis of evil"--has become the dominant power in the Persian Gulf.

The U.S.-Israeli war in Lebanon is aimed in large part at curtailing Iran's and Syria's influence--and preparing the ground for possible direct military action against them as well.

Collaborating with the U.S. and Israel in this effort are its client states in the Middle East--the Mubarak police state in Egypt, the reactionary Saudi and Jordanian monarchies and NATO member Turkey. All these governments fear popular struggles among the Lebanese and Palestinians that might set an example for workers and oppressed minorities among their own populations.

But the scale of the destruction of Lebanon is also meant to send a message to the world at large--that the U.S. and its enforcer, Israel, are prepared to use the most barbaric means to achieve their aims.

*Israel: Washington's attack dog* The U.S. "green light" for the Israeli onslaught on Lebanon is part of a wider decision to unleash Israel's American-made arsenal--augmented by the express delivery of "bunker-buster" bombs--to further Washington's agenda.

The Bush administration had previously approved the Israeli government's unilateral "separation plan"--"withdrawal" from the Gaza Strip that turned the area into the world's largest prison. Besieged Gaza recalls nothing so much as the Nazi-imposed Warsaw Ghetto to isolate Polish Jews during the Second World War.

Since the victory in December by the Islamist Hamas party in Palestinian elections--a vote held at Washington's insistence--the U.S. and Israel have effectively nullified the democratic choice of the Palestinian people. They have imposed devastating economic sanctions on the Palestinian Occupied Territories, dramatically worsening already severe poverty levels and pushing the health care system into collapse.

Meanwhile, the Israeli military conducts assassinations via air strikes, uses heavy artillery in densely populated areas and conducts regular and highly destructive military attacks with tanks and bulldozers--all with terrible loss of Palestinian lives. Israeli forces have also arrested government ministers who belong to Hamas.

These actions are proof--if more was needed--that Israel wants not "partners for peace" among Palestinians, but complete submission.

*Anti-Arab and anti-Muslim racism and imperialism* The total backing for Israel's barbaric war by U.S. politicians and the media reflects not only Washington's decades-old alliance with Israel, but also the rise of racism and state repression against Arabs and Muslims in the U.S.

Since the September 11, 2001, attacks, the U.S. has used the "war on terror" to drastically curtail civil liberties. Racial profiling, interrogations, detention and deportation have become the reality for Arabs and Muslims.

This racism also pervades the U.S. wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, as evidenced by the massacres and rapes carried out by U.S. armed forces in Falluja, Haditha and other cities in Iraq. Racism, too, is used to justify the dehumanization, torture and murder of Muslims and Arabs in the U.S. military prisons at Guant?namo, Bagram and Abu Ghraib.

This racism converges with the assumptions of the Zionist project--that Arabs and Muslims have no rights worth respecting.

*Resisting U.S.-Israeli aggression* U.S. politicians and the media excuse Israel's wars on both the Palestinians and the Lebanese people by claiming that Israel has a "right to defend itself"--code words for the arbitrary redrawing of borders, military assaults on defenseless people, and the murder and imprisonment of anyone who resists.

The corollary is that Hezbollah and Hamas must be cut off from receiving aid and weapons from Syria or Iran, and Israel must continue to receive U.S.-made F-16 jets to rain bombs on Lebanon and Gaza and $3 billion in direct aid from Washington each year.

Despite this hypocrisy, some parts of the U.S. antiwar movement continue to view the much smaller armed operations of Hezbollah and Hamas as part of a "cycle of violence" with Israel's vastly greater destructive power--or even hold Hezbollah responsible for the destruction of Lebanon because of its capture of the two soldiers.

But as the Israeli historian Ilan Pappe argues, "Retaliating to such a low-key operation with a total war and destruction indicates clearly that what matters is the grand design, not the pretext...the wider Israel's military might expands, the easier it is to complete the unfinished business of the 1948 [founding of Israel]: the total de-Arabization of Palestine."

Israel's drive to consolidate its control led to the Israeli invasions of Lebanon in 1978 and 1982 and the occupation of southern Lebanon from 1982 until 2000. The current Israeli war has similar aims as the previous ones: to eliminate any challenge to its dominance.

Nevertheless, the resistance to the imperialist and Zionist project continues among Palestinians, in Lebanon and elsewhere. Although dismissed as bands of terrorists by Israel and the U.S., Hezbollah and Hamas are mass organizations whose influence has grown precisely because of their resistance to Israel.

*The need for a principled antiwar movement* The Israeli onslaught in Lebanon poses an urgent challenge to the antiwar movement in the U.S. The crushing of a weak sovereign state by an enormously powerful Washington-backed military demands a response from all those who stand for peace and justice.

Unfortunately, there has been a longstanding unwillingness among leading voices in the U.S. antiwar movement to raise the issue of Palestine--partly because of sympathies with Israel among some, partly out of fear of offending the movement's supposed friends in the Democratic Party.

Yet the Democrats, like the Republicans, are a pro-imperialist party committed to any effort that protects and expands U.S. power overseas, including those undertaken by Israel. The antiwar movement can't rise to the challenge if it tailors its activities and arguments to suit a party that supports war and occupation.

Anti-imperialist and antiracist politics are not a diversion for the U.S. antiwar movement. On the contrary, they are key to its revival and growth.

Israel's war on Lebanon is the harbinger of a new, even deadlier turn in Washington's "war on terror." Opposing the U.S. government's imperial agenda is vital to reviving and strengthening the antiwar movement in the U.S., building international solidarity and opposing the interventions of U.S. imperialism--whether conducted through the U.S. or Israeli military.

27th July 2006 10:46 AM
Jumping Jack So, it is fine to hide 13,000 missles behind women and children, and if in eliminating the missles that are intended to kill many others including children there is collateral damage the fault lies with those protecting themselves rather than those who put the children in harms way?

For all those who normally scream about Geneva conventions and rules of war, where is the outrage over hiding missles in city centers among children? Please explain your logic because I am missing it. The pictures are horrible, but whose fault is it really?
27th July 2006 10:51 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
So, it is fine to hide 13,000 missles behind women and children, and if in eliminating the missles that are intended to kill many others including children there is collateral damage the fault lies with those protecting themselves rather than those who put the children in harms way?

For all those who normally scream about Geneva conventions and rules of war, where is the outrage over hiding missles in city centers among children? Please explain your logic because I am missing it. The pictures are horrible, but whose fault is it really?

JJ...they cannot be rationalized with...not from where they're coming from...there are some here who's logic is skwed by a deep-seeded anti-semitism...as much as they wish to deny it, it's true...fault concerns them in the least...logic is not an option

The UN has already decided this issue...it called Resolution 1559...where is the outrage?

Tjey
27th July 2006 10:52 AM
Some Guy It kinda reminds me of that movie Dazed and Confused when they are at the party and that one guy says he wants to get in one good punch at that guy, start a fight and then the crowd will naturally break it up. But they don't and he gets his ass unexpectedly kicked badly.
27th July 2006 10:53 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
jb wrote:
http://www.israelinsider.com/views/articles/views_0224.htm

God bless the IDF, America, Israel and our brothers and sisters in Zion.............we will never allow these killers to take what is ours...." Hear oh Israel, the Lord is your God, the Lord is one".......
[Edited by jb]

I recommend Israel nuke the entire regions...these sons o' bitches want pictures, give em' some pictures
27th July 2006 10:53 AM
Mathijs
quote:

To support Hezbollah one does not need to be Muslim. A Lebenese is an Arab foremost, then either Muslim or Christian. And to a general Arab, every orginisation that fights Israel and US will be supported.

Mathijs
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)