ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

ArenA, Amsterdam 31st July
© Rick Nederstigt with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The war must stop (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
28th July 2006 11:23 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

And just in case I'm wrong...and you're not chinese

[Edited by Fiji Joe]

Yeah!

Shut the FUCK up, white boy! As in - SHUT THE FUCK UP, WHITE BOY! Fucking white boy, shut the fuck up!
28th July 2006 11:25 AM
jb Hezbollah is now shooting longer ranged missiles at our people and Al-Queda calling for a Holy War against Israel....Thank god many of you understand what this is all about...The Israelis are not fighting for anything other than their survival.....thanks to many of you for your support.
"Oh Lord, our god, please help us kill the terrorist and free Zion for all righteous Jews and Gentiles"
[Edited by jb]
28th July 2006 11:27 AM
Lethargy
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

Anyone who calls people who have different views than themself idiots - is an idiot.

Read a few post above your puke. WWII is a totally different story.

Why don't you make note of the actual post I responded to? The post I responded to said there's no justification for war EVER (!), which includes the WW2 era. The fact that you can't read clearly and follow a thread is not my problem.
28th July 2006 11:30 AM
Lethargy
quote:
jb wrote:
Hezbollah is now shooting longer ranged missiles at our people and Al-Queda calling for a Holy War against Israel....Thank god many of you understand what this is all about...The Israelis are not fighting for anything other than their survival.....thanks to many of you for your support.
"Oh Lord, our god, please help us kill the terrorist and free Zion for all righteous Jews and Gentiles"
[Edited by jb]

Exactly! I'm neither Israeli nor of Jewish descent, but by gosh do I ever stand in solidarity with you and your people right now!!

This is one of the biggest no-brainers ever, something the world (including the mostly moderate and reasonable Muslim world) should easily be able to rally around. Even the pathetic United Nations should be able to get this one. In fact, the U.N. was created for the primary purpose of never allowing a Hitler, or an Al Quaida, or a Hezbollah to ever get too powerful again. The U.N. has abandoned it's own mission. Sad and pathetic, and infuriating.
28th July 2006 11:31 AM
Your Cousin Lou
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

The original author of the post I responded to wasn't just talking about today's situation.

This author said there is NO JUSTIFICATION EVER (EVER!) FOR FIGHTING A WAR. That's the moronic assertion I was challenging.

P.S. As a side note, today is very similar to the pre-WW2 era. Churchill was warning the world for years before Hitler's plans were coming to fruition, saying we should take him out preemptively. He was right. Instead, the world called Churchill a warmonger, right-winger, and did squat for too many years, thus requiring a gigantic war later. The same is the case here. If we don't take out the vermin now (who are purposefully hiding in civilian areas b/c they know the media will side with them), it's going to be a much more brutal WW3 later. People don't learn it appears.

I assumed from his post that he was referring to those who commit the original aggression as never being justified. The main problem I see is that we haven't developed a successful way of dealing with terrorism. The current methods used by the US and Israel are not working, and will never work, as lng as innocent civilians are killed, their houses destroyed, etc.
not bound to please
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

Why don't you make note of the actual post I responded to? The post I responded to said there's no justification for war EVER (!), which includes the WW2 era. The fact that you can't read clearly and follow a thread is not my problem.

There is no justification for war. It's human (mass) nature. Just like there is no justification for little trolls posting on the internet - it's still exists.
Maxlugar [quote]Lethargy wrote:

I pointed that out to this thread's author in the first reply. And we are still here. Yeah!
28th July 2006 11:33 AM
not bound to please
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[quote]Lethargy wrote:

I pointed that out to this thread's author in the first reply. And we are still here. Yeah!

Because we have a waring nature!

28th July 2006 11:33 AM
Lethargy
quote:

There is no justification for war. It's human (mass) nature. Just like there is no justification for little trolls posting on the internet - it's still exists.

So you agree with the original assertion. Fine, glad you admitted it. Glad you admitted that we should have let Hitler follow through with his plans without fighting him, and that we should have stayed home and done bong hits instead. There wouldn't even be a civilized world if people like you were in charge, b/c no one would be standing up to tyrants and maniancs.
28th July 2006 11:34 AM
not bound to please
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

So you agree with the original assertion. Fine, glad you admitted it. Glad you admitted that we should have let Hitler follow through with his plans without fighting him, and that we should have stayed home and done bong hits instead. There wouldn't even be a civilized world if people like you were in charge, b/c no one would be standing up to tyrants and maniancs.

I did not say that...

28th July 2006 11:35 AM
not bound to please
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

Oh - and I'm standing up to YOU.

28th July 2006 11:37 AM
Lethargy
quote:
Your Cousin Lou wrote:

I assumed from his post that he was referring to those who commit the original aggression as never being justified. The main problem I see is that we haven't developed a successful way of dealing with terrorism. The current methods used by the US and Israel are not working, and will never work, as lng as innocent civilians are killed, their houses destroyed, etc.

I agree that the current way "isn't working", but probably for different reasons. It isn't working, in my opinion, b/c we're not going all out to find these vermin. We're fighting a politically correct, overly compassionate, pseudo-war, and its leaders (bush, etc.) are afraid to take necessary action b/c they're overly concerned with the New York Times editorial page and with the inept UN security council. We could take all these bastards out in ONE YEAR if we really focused and took the fight to them, and didn't get cold feet when these evil scum purposefully hide in Mosques and civilian areas.
28th July 2006 11:38 AM
sirmoonie Wait - you guys invented a new concept. The media isn't pro-Israel/pro-Zionists? Now THAT is funny!

What the fuck would you guys do if you couldn't cry about how the media doesn't love you?
28th July 2006 11:38 AM
jb
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

I agree that the current way "isn't working", but probably for different reasons. It isn't working, in my opinion, b/c we're not going all out to find these vermin. We're fighting a politically correct, overly compassionate, pseudo-war, and its leaders (bush, etc.) are afraid to take necessary action b/c they're overly concerned with the New York Times editorial page and with the inept UN security council. We could take all these bastards out in ONE YEAR if we really focused and took the fight to them, and didn't get cold feet when these evil scum purposefully hide in Mosques and civilian areas.

100% correct.
28th July 2006 11:39 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:

Anyone who calls people who have different views than themself idiots - is an idiot.

Read a few post above your puke. WWII is a totally different story.

WWII was a different story...and it was one that would have never happened had the "peace at all costs" freaks dealt with Hitler when they should have...the man wrote a book and told Europe exactly what he was going to do...and they just sat on their asses making "war is bad" and "war is never the answer" comments...Hezbolla also has a book..read it

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
28th July 2006 11:39 AM
Lethargy
quote:

Oh - and I'm standing up to YOU.

You're right, it's people like ME (a dork ranting on a music site) that you need to stand up against. No need to stand up to the likes of Al Quaida, Hezbollah, or anyone else that would kill you in 2 seconds if they had the chance. No, they aren't a threat. Just Lethargy from the stones board - he's the problem.
28th July 2006 11:40 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Hezbolla also has a book..read it

Islam is a religion of peace - George Walker Bush III.
28th July 2006 11:41 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

You're right, it's people like ME (a dork ranting on a music site) that you need to stand up against. No need to stand up to the likes of Al Quaida, Hezbollah, or anyone else that would kill you in 2 seconds if they had the chance. No, they aren't a threat. Just Lethargy from the stones board - he's the problem.

Damn that was good...you got crazy mad skills...you sure you ain't really me?
28th July 2006 11:42 AM
Your Cousin Lou
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

LOL, that's like when Darth Vader chopped Obi Wan in half and it only ade him stronger. The more civilians we kill, the more people hate us, the more lives destroyed, the more recruits these groups get. That's exactly what the terrorists want.
28th July 2006 11:43 AM
jb http://www.washtimes.com/national/20060728-123022-5852r.htm

28th July 2006 11:44 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Islam is a religion of peace - George Walker Bush III.

Yes...that was a questionable thing to say...I wouldn't say it...even if I was just trying to drive a wedge between moderate and fundamental muslims

I prefer the "jump in a ditch and fight for Israel" words of Bill Clinton...I don't think Bill ever said those words about the U.S....but he said them about Israel...odd
28th July 2006 11:45 AM
nankerphelge Lou, you're making Lethargy's point
[Edited by nankerphelge]
[Edited by nankerphelge]
28th July 2006 11:46 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
jb wrote:
http://www.washtimes.com/national/20060728-123022-5852r.htm

German re-unification poses a greater threat to your country (and the world in general) than all of border skirmishes with Islamic nutcases combined. Yet, I'll bet most Israelis never even blinked when it happened - how come?
28th July 2006 11:47 AM
jb http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/G/GAYS_MILITARY?SITE=7219&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2006-07-27-23-54-06
28th July 2006 11:47 AM
Lethargy
quote:
Your Cousin Lou wrote:

LOL, that's like when Darth Vader chopped Obi Wan in half and it only ade him stronger. The more civilians we kill, the more people hate us, the more lives destroyed, the more recruits these groups get. That's exactly what the terrorists want.

Well, you have a point. The cycle you're describing definitely seems to be occurring. That's a shame. However, there's not much we can do when these people hide in civilian areas and the local country doesn't do anything about it.

I still think it's possible that we could take them all out - their financial structures, their recruiters, their leaders, their followers - and the cycle you described could be broken. But we'd have to go all out for real, not piddle about like we are now. The way we're going now, the scenario you accurately described will continue.
28th July 2006 11:48 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Yes...that was a questionable thing to say...I wouldn't say it...even if I was just trying to drive a wedge between moderate and fundamental muslims

I prefer the "jump in a ditch and fight for Israel" words of Bill Clinton...I don't think Bill ever said those words about the U.S....but he said them about Israel...odd

You seem as preoccupied with Bill Clinton as I am with the Retard - how come? At least my preoccupation has some relevancy and temporal basis.

Anyway, I think its detracting from your posts. You should look into it, get to the root of the problem.
28th July 2006 11:49 AM
Lethargy
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Bill Clinton also didn't believe these words (nor any words he's uttered in the last 20 years) when he uttered them. Even if he did, they're only words, and Clinton was all about words but no action.
28th July 2006 11:50 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

There is no such thing as a moderate Muslim/Islamic. Its like saying someone is a moderate Nazi.
28th July 2006 11:54 AM
sirmoonie Wait, the usual suspects......the media, the U.N......what about Hollywood, guys? I'll bet they 180'ed overnight into anti-Israel too, right? No Zionists in Hollywood, dats for damn sure.

Gives us one, whine about Hollywood for a bit. Complete this muhfuh.
28th July 2006 11:54 AM
not bound to please
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

We on on different levels, deary.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)