ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

ArenA, Amsterdam 31st July
© Rick Nederstigt with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The war must stop (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
27th July 2006 08:02 AM
FotiniD OK, I've said in numerous occasions that I won't go political on board again, but someone sent me this link and I thought I should share it with you.

Warning: very, very, very awful images in there.

http://www.barborana.com/from_the_lebanese_people_to_the.htm

War is the single biggest human insanity there is. In my opinion, there are NO motives to justify it and even when certain political sides promote certain "Reasons" to do so, the number 1 motive is money. There are no "winners" in wars; innocent people end up being killed on both sides. We're talking children here. Babies.

To be so naive in the year 2006 that we can still be manipulated by our governments to put our faith in a war - any war - and to believe that it's for our own sake or the sake of freedom or [enter false excuse here] puzzles me incredibly.

That's the reason I'm posting this, so that maybe we can really think of what's going on in Lebanon and perhaps protest in our own small ways in hope of stopping it. (Not likely, but at least we tried).
27th July 2006 08:04 AM
Maxlugar I often wonder how many children were killed while liberating France in WW II.

27th July 2006 08:07 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
I often wonder how many children were killed while liberating France in WW II.

See, I don't think what's taking place in Lebanon is a "liberating" process. More like a genocide.
27th July 2006 08:16 AM
Maxlugar Well you said "In my opinion, there are NO motives to justify it(war).." I was just thinking of one off the top of my head. Although, many would now say that wasn't a good enough reason, these days. LOL!
27th July 2006 08:26 AM
Factory Girl FotiniD, I agree 100%.

To quote John Lennon "Give Peace a chance."
27th July 2006 08:31 AM
Maxlugar [quote]Factory Girl wrote:
FotiniD, I agree 100%.

What do you do when only one side wants to give peace a chance? For example, one side gives up land won during previous wars to appease an aggressor and they still come at you? Do you give up more land? Or was that already giving peace a chance? Was that chance taken by the other side? At what point are the chances used up?
27th July 2006 08:49 AM
Taptrick
Intersting article from former Clinto staffer Dick Morris:

By DICK MORRIS & EILEEN MCGANN

July 26, 2006 -- Ten years ago, on April 18, 1996, Israel attacked Hezbollah in Lebanon for 16 days in an operation called Grapes of Wrath. The global condemnation of Israel was fierce, especially when it bombed a U.N. refugee camp, killing 107 people, an attack that Tel Aviv said was a mistake.

At the time, the United States did nothing to stop the tide from turning against Israel and President Clinton said, “I think it is important that we do everything we can to bring an end to the violence.”

In private, Clinton seethed at the Israeli attack, saying he had discussed with Israeli Prime Minister Shimon Peres the possibility of concluding a military defense treaty with his nation, pledging U.S. aid in the event of an attack.

“They really want this guarantee from us,” Clinton told me. “I would have given them the commitment, too, but now I can’t because of the uproar over the refugee camp bombing.”

No such treaty was ever signed.

Clinton’s willingness to use American power to force a cease-fire on Israel before it had fully eradicated Hezbollah stands in stark and sharp contrast to George Bush’s insistence on letting Israel proceed with its attacks until the terrorist group is neutralized.

In a nutshell, this illustrates the difference between the Democratic and Republican approaches to Israeli security.

Bush and his administration clearly see the Israeli attack as an opportunity to clean out terrorist cells that have come to be pivotal in Lebanon. With Hezbollah’s power extending into the cabinet in Beirut, it is clear that Israeli military action is necessary to forestall the creation of a terrorist state on its northern border.

While Clinton said he embraced the need for Israeli security, when the going got rough, he bowed to world opinion and called for a cease-fire. When the United States asks Israel to stop fighting, it is like a boxer’s manager throwing in the towel. The bottom line is that true friends of Israel cannot afford to let the Democrats take power in Washington.

But American Jews have voted Democrat in the past and will continue to do so in the future. It is really the Christian evangelical right that stands up for Israel.

The reason Israel has to fight in Lebanon today is that the United States did not permit it to finish the job of destroying Hezbollah in the ’90s. Now, fortunately for Israel’s true friends, the White House is letting Tel Aviv win without reining her in.

Nothing so illustrates the generic anti-Semitism of the global community than its current obsession with proportionality in judging Israel’s response to the kidnapping of its soldiers and the rocket bombing of its cities. The Vatican, the European Union and Russia have said nothing about the almost daily bombardment of Israel’s northern border by Hezbollah or the constant attacks from Gaza after Israel magnanimously vacated the strip. But now that the Jewish state is defending itself, the global community is outraged at the “disproportionate” Israeli response. Only Jewish lives have to be dealt with proportionately.

Israel’s defensive barrier has succeeded in sharply curtailing the once daily suicide/homicide bombing of civilian Israeli targets. Now the Israeli invasion will push back the frontiers from which the terrorists can work their mayhem through missiles.

Bush and the Republican administration realize that Israel is only acting in self-defense. It is obvious that she would not be attacking Lebanon if the terrorists had not made a habit of using it as a base for attacks on Jewish cities.

The global condemnation of Israel is simply illustrative of the low esteem attached to Jewish blood in this world where anti-Semitism comes disguised as morality and a commitment to peace.

Eileen McGann co-authored this column.

27th July 2006 08:53 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Taptrick wrote:

The global condemnation of Israel is simply illustrative of the low esteem attached to Jewish blood in this world where anti-Semitism comes disguised as morality and a commitment to peace.

So the point this article is trying to make is that the whole world except America hates the Jews?!
27th July 2006 08:59 AM
Jumping Jack Maybe they will give up the 13,000 missles they hid among women and children in city centers while 2000 UN bozos looked the other way. Maybe Iran and Syria will back down on their desire to eliminate every Jew in the world. Maybe Europeans won't be so anti-semetic and hope that these Islamic fascists finish Hitler's work.

You'd have a better chance negotiating with a Terminator than these crazyfucks. They simply won't stop until they are dead. The real party starts when Korea finally sells them a nuke.
27th July 2006 09:01 AM
corgi37 Arabs wont be happy until Israel is gone.

Israel often has world sympathy, until it goes stupid and blows up UN inspectors or families of 7.

Debbie Schlussel, who i am really getting into lately, says (quote)
Poetic Justice?: U.N. Peacekeepers Aided Hezbollah in 2000 Kidnapping of Israeli Soldiers

By Debbie Schlussel

We are not shedding too many tears over the accidental Israeli killing of U.N. "peacekeepers" (a misnomer if there ever was one).

While we are sorry for any innocents who lost their lives, it's a tad of poetic justice for the U.N. in Lebanon. Why?

Well, to those who forgot--apparently, that includes the entire mainstream media--the U.N. aided and abetted Hezbollah in the October 2000 abduction of three Israeli soldiers at Har Dov, Israel. They turned a blind eye to the kidnapping, and it is believed they provided Hezbollah with U.N. uniforms, insignia, and vehicles. The U.N. for months denied knowledge of the attack and kidnapping or that it had a tape, which it had all along and withheld, aiding Hezbollah.

(end quote)

I mean...wtf?

I have symapthy for Israel until i read shit like that, and she is far, far from alone. Neo cons are now using "Islamo-facist" as a buzz word. I am sure many, many wonderful Jews would be shocked by her views, just as i guess many Muslims are shocked by hooded cock suckers hacking off people's heads.

Sometimes, from this little W.A.S.P.'s viewpoint, there will only be one answer.

Drop nukes on the fucking lot of them. Once and for all, end it.

Or, maybe even better, drop some of those nifty nutron bombs America is "supposed" to not have anymore. You know, the ones that kill every living thing, but dont destroy buildings or infrastructure, and after a day or so, people can re-enter the area. Well, why not drop a few dozen of these babies in the middle east, and say, offer China all of Iran's oil, give Russia Libya, give U.S. Saudi Arabia, auction off Syria and then we can get on with the world.

This shit will never end unless some sucker goes under. WW1 lasted only 4 years. WW2 6. This has been going on for thousands of years, and aint gonna stop soon. In fact, i reckon it get worse.

I blame Canada.

27th July 2006 09:12 AM
Dick Bush Light,

It is horribly disturbing thing that the nations like the States and Israel, who are supposed -like no other! - to stand for freedom, peace and humanity, have adopted the genuine nazi war "philosophy": Just kill, ignore the "side effects", and shut the f. up, that's what's going on there!

Killing the human animals -YES. Blind, clueles raging - HELL NO!!
27th July 2006 09:27 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Dick Bush wrote:
Light,

It is horribly disturbing thing that the nations like the States and Israel, who are supposed -like no other! - to stand for freedom, peace and humanity, have adopted the genuine nazi war "philosophy": Just kill, ignore the "side effects", and shut the f. up, that's what's going on there!

Killing the human animals -YES. Blind, clueles raging - HELL NO!!

WTF, are you kidding me with that dribble?
27th July 2006 09:35 AM
FotiniD
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

WTF, are you kidding me with that dribble?

Have you seen the photos on that link I posted?
Then we can talk about it and if it's the "right" thing to do.
27th July 2006 09:41 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Dick Bush wrote:

nations like the States and Israel, who are supposed -like no other! - to stand for freedom, peace and humanity, have adopted the genuine nazi war "philosophy

My comment was based on the above stupid comment, because it is a stupid thing to say. So take your "righteousness" towards me elsewhere. You have now idea what I think.

TBS
[Edited by TampabayStone]
27th July 2006 09:42 AM
Some Guy The whole damn thing is f'ed up beyond belief. I saw an interview with children that were saying they wanted to kill all the Israelis, children damn it.
27th July 2006 09:44 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
FotiniD, I agree 100%.

Awww...and she's serious too...ain't em' cute?
27th July 2006 09:44 AM
Taptrick
Photos are an appeal to emotion over rationality. You can find disturbing photos from either side of a conflict over the history of photography. Power doesn't exist in a vacum. Those that think it does suffer because of it.

27th July 2006 09:45 AM
Fiji Joe Can someone keep count of the peace platitudes posted in this thread?...I bet it tops 100 by tomorrow morning
27th July 2006 09:50 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

See, I don't think what's taking place in Lebanon is a "liberating" process. More like a genocide.

Genocide?...have you lived on this planet long!...please, let's not understate genocide...you know damn well what genocide is and you know damn well this is not it...you also know damn well which of the two, Israel or Hezbollah, would commit genocide if they had the means...I mean one of them has genocide as their stated goal...so shove your peace platitudes up your ass...and I hope this offends you...I do...because to equate what's going on over to genocide is very very offensive to me...and dangerous to everyone

27th July 2006 09:51 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Wars suck, but when they kill civilians and specially kids they suck the big one. Those pix Fotini linked are the worst thing I have seen in years and they are fresh.

27th July 2006 09:54 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Yes...the photos...who can argue with that?...so, in order for you to understand what Israel is doing they have to first be exterminated and then photos taken of their bodies...then you would get it?

This war is not about the photos that are being taken...it's about the photos that will never be taken...think about it
27th July 2006 09:55 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Wars suck, but when they kill civilians and specially kids they suck the big one. Those pix Fotini linked are the worst thing I have seen in years and they are fresh.

read my post...and stop looking at them
[Edited by Fiji Joe]
27th July 2006 09:58 AM
Fiji Joe Here's a nasty photo...and it's part of the stated goal of Hezbollah

How does this grab you?

http://www.sondrak.com/archive/Nick%20Berg%20Beheading%20Pic%209%20-%20WARNING%20GRAPHIC!!.jpg
27th July 2006 10:01 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Maybe they will give up the 13,000 missles they hid among women and children in city centers while 2000 UN bozos looked the other way. Maybe Iran and Syria will back down on their desire to eliminate every Jew in the world. Maybe Europeans won't be so anti-semetic and hope that these Islamic fascists finish Hitler's work.

You'd have a better chance negotiating with a Terminator than these crazyfucks. They simply won't stop until they are dead. The real party starts when Korea finally sells them a nuke.

All these words are true...it is the same continent that looked the other way when Hitler said he was going to kill all the jews...boy...did that bite them in the ass

What is the basis for Europe's anti-semitism (which, by the way, they are now calling anti-zionism)?....I don't think I've ever truly understood it
27th July 2006 10:01 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
I often wonder how many children were killed while liberating France in WW II.

not enough
27th July 2006 10:04 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

not enough

Word...The allies victory in WWII was illegitimate...they killed millions of innocent civilians to win...the allies victory must be accompanied by an asterick (*)
27th July 2006 10:06 AM
Dick Bush
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

All these words are true...it is the same continent that looked the other way when Hitler said he was going to kill all the jews...boy...did that bite them in the ass

What is the basis for Europe's anti-semitism (which, by the way, they are now calling anti-zionism)?....I don't think I've ever truly understood it

Hiya Fiji, whats doin, may I ask you a personal question?

Are you a drilled soldier, a cop, or are you practicing some other profession or business for which a licence is required for not to think with your brains?

Shut the fuck up, buddy boy.
27th July 2006 10:09 AM
jb "If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.”

Abba Eban quote

"When I was first here, we had the advantages of the underdog. Now we have the disadvantages of the overdog.”

Abba Eban quote

"History teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives.”

Abba Eban quote

“Better to be disliked than pitied”

Abba Eban quote

We don’t want wars, she stated, even when we win.-Golda Meir

This world of ours was not created to be the testing ground for the perfection of weapons to wipe us out .-Golda Meir

We can forgive you for killing our sons. But we will never forgive you for making us kill yours.
- Golda Meir, to Anwar Saddat just before the peace talks.

27th July 2006 10:10 AM
Joey

The Decision to remove Saddam Hussein from power was the greatest foreign policy disaster by any leader of any nation in the friggin History of the World . Now Iran , backed by Russia & China ( see : North Vietnam , circa 1964 - 1975 [shiver ... ] ) , can extend its reach all the way to the Mediterranean Sea and there is not a damn thing we can do to stop them . What a " Frig Up " by our country !!!!

" Three more months until we get Subpoena Power Ronnie ! "

|
|
|
V

http://www.publicdebt.treas.gov/opd/opdpenny.htm

Joey " Jerry " Ford !

27th July 2006 10:11 AM
not bound to please Hi Fontini.

I posted a link to those photos on one of our hijacked threads days ago. Fij must not have looked at or read any of the articles he was arguing about!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)