ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

ArenA, Amsterdam 31st July
© Rick Nederstigt with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Break Up Advice (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
28th July 2006 12:02 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Dan wrote:

Looks are less important than you think. And I say that as the best looking guy on this board.

I thought the best looking guy on the board was Throbby.

28th July 2006 12:18 PM
IanBillen
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Hi

My girlfriend of 3 years just left me. I didnt do anything wrong and I love her so much. She is four years younger than me and says that she didnt want to get too serious anymore.

Some female advice on what she is thinking would be greatly appreciated and also some advice on how to get over this.

I feel like my heart has been torn out with a spoon!

Its not often that guys like me get emotional, but at the moment I am really considering just packing in. I even started thinking of ways to kill myself1 This is how bad I feel.

Voodoo Scrounge. Keep cool. I have had it happen, Gazza, Bill Perks, ....even our Mick ( I figure) has had it happen to them. It is something it seems we all must go through. It really slams you inside we know. You may not get back with her, or you may get back with her....just keep your cool. Remember: always keep your cool in front of her! Never let her see you sweat on it much. That is crucial. Remember, not to do anything stupid. Don't let something ruin you as simple as this. If this was the case we'd all be dead. I know now it seems like the end of the world but you WILL get over it and you WILL find someone eles that makes you feel this way. Don't chase her and DON'T let her know you are having any thoughts on packing it in. And for gods sakes mate when you feel like that go to a friend, go over someones house, call someone.

Ian

28th July 2006 12:59 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Dan wrote:

Looks are less important than you think. And I say that as the best looking guy on this board.

IMHMFO, that is A-list posting. I should have said that.
28th July 2006 01:22 PM
pdog Get drunk and sleep with her friends.

28th July 2006 03:19 PM
IanBillen
quote:
Scottfree wrote:
She lost her attraction for you because you weren't a challenge....bitter pill to swallow, but it's part of the females psyche....If you never argued with her in 3 years there couldn't have been a great deal of passion...Anyway my .02.....

I think that is crap Scottfree. Come now. the dude was going out with her for three years. The challenge days were long behind them.

Secondly,
What it comes down to is how together she is and what she wants to do and her outlook on their future. Not silly games like challenges and all the rest of these things. That is kids stuff. The best way to be is for the most part honest, with-out being too much of a sap. A challenge is just a game after a while. Who needs games? They only will get you, AND HER no-where.

And Voodoo don't call her! NEVER-NEVER-NEVER-NEVER...well at-least not right now. You gotta be out-of-the-radar.

What-ever happens is on-here from here on out.

Ian
28th July 2006 03:20 PM
IanBillen
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

I think that is crap Scottfree. Come now. the dude was going out with her for three years. The challenge days were long behind them.

Secondly,
What it comes down to is how together she is and what she wants to do and her outlook on their future. Not silly games like challenges and all the rest of these things. That is kids stuff. The best way to be is for the most part honest, with-out being too much of a sap. A challenge is just a game after a while. Who needs games? They only will get you, AND HER no-where.

And Voodoo don't call her! NEVER-NEVER-NEVER-NEVER...well at-least not right now. You gotta be out-of-the-radar.

What-ever happens is on-her from here on out.

Ian

28th July 2006 03:28 PM
IanBillen [quote]Some Guy wrote:
If he calls her I'm pissed.

If he calls her he is as good as done in her book. He CAN actually shift the tides here.

Voodoo,

Become cocky, act as if she kinda fucked up, act some-what with a bit of a cold shoulder if you talk to her but not too much. Be a little short. Don't bring up you and her, or ANYTHING more than the vibe of "so what's skaking?, How was your day,". If you try and get her back she MAY not want to just based on the fact you came crwling back.

You gotta act like she kinda screwed you over and you are, for the most part irritated at that.

Ian
28th July 2006 03:49 PM
TampabayStone Oh yeah, on top of not calling, NO LETTERS or E-mails. You think you become quite the poet when you heart is broken, but those are the most humiliating.
28th July 2006 06:09 PM
IanBillen [quote]Dan wrote:

I like picnics in the cemetary.

LOL! now that was funny. And no Dan you cannot call Voodoo's chic lol

Ian
28th July 2006 06:22 PM
IanBillen [quote]Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
All of the advice that has been given to me is greatly appreciated.

Its hard not to make contact with her because she is the chef in the local pub where all of my friends meet. So if I am to immerse myself in my friends then I face the certainty of seeing her.

I havent called her and I dont intend to. Although I will be going to see her at her house tonight on her request. She wants to have a chat. I am dreading that it is the 'I have found someone else' chat.

We kind of agreed to part for a couple of weeks and then see how it was going, but Im sure she doesnt want me anymore. I am hanging on to this chance that she does for dear life, because I love her so much.

I am not the most confident of guys and I dont really have the looks to be flirting with loads of girls. Aside from that, its not in my nature. I thought we were going to be forever and now I just dont know what I am going to do.

Voodoo Scrounge, Don't be such as Scrounge. You are starting to scare us with this lingo.

Who cares what she wants...Oh - Well. That is how you gotta view it. You are a person too. She dumped you. When I went over there I would act not as nice as always.

If she wants you back...don't jump all over it.

If she says she wants to see another, say "well if that what is will make you happy, go for it" and leave.

And you do not need good looks. You do not need tons of money. But what you do need is confidence. This will come in time.

You HAVE to take advantage of this situation. Let it give you an "I don't care" fast confident strut.

And don't be so hooked on her and letting some chic bring you to your knees. My friends brother got shot for no reason last week and is half dead practically. What does this have to do with you? There 100,000 worse things that could be happening to you or anyone around you right now. This will be at worst just a notch under your belt. If that is the way she wants it she isn't worth any of your time either. You gotta make it seem like you are worth something as well and she is losing.

Ian
29th July 2006 12:33 AM
lonecrapshooter pain is just pain but suffering can be avoided

play the blues if it helps

it will take about 1/2 the time you were together to get over her

don't get down, there's a world of people out there

god bless

I Don't Know The Reason Why (aka Hillside Blues)
(Jagger/Richards)

Yeah well your woman get crazy
And she tries to preach you out
Yeah your woman get crazy, ain't she

I will haunt you baby
Hope you know the reason why
I Love you baby and I don't know the reason why
Coming back to where I won
Won't you give me one more try
All right

Yeah I'm in love with my baby
I don't know the reason why

Yeah darling, I'm in love with you baby
And I don't know the reason why

The way you mistreat me baby
I won't be that surprised

Went out on a hilltop
And I dive my head down and cried

Yes I was tripped out on a hillside
I broke down my head and I cried
You don't love me now baby I
Just don't know my own lies

I'm tripped out on a hillside, baby
and I blown out my head until I cried

Yes I was tripped out on a hillside
Tilt my head and I cried
You won't need me now baby I swear

Yeah I will take you out on the hand boat
Tell you about a rope deep down inside
Well I will take you out on the river walking by the railroad side
You can go back to a poor man, you can't be satisfied.

29th July 2006 12:47 PM
gorda Cry! Cry! Cry!

Just let it all out!

If you live with other people and don't want to be embarrassed. Go somewhere secluded and quiet and cry.

Like a park bench or a church.

Other good crying places, the beach, your car, and the shower.

P.S. And, who ever suggested you sleep with her friends . . . that is not a very nice thing to do . . . Oh! But, revenge is so delicious sometimes!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)