ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

ArenA, Amsterdam 31st July
© Rick Nederstigt with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Break Up Advice (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
27th July 2006 01:50 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Someone post a man-mermaid!

27th July 2006 01:51 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:

Someone post a naughty moose!

27th July 2006 01:52 PM
Dan
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:

He needs Marvin Gay and sexual healing. Thats a disturbing image. Moose optional.

Peeping Tom covered "Desperate Situation" last week !

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=B04641F04AC5AC8C
27th July 2006 01:56 PM
Factory Girl Wow, Thank you for tha Man-Mermaid and the Drunken Moose, Sweet VA!!!

Now, what if they mated???
27th July 2006 02:00 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Wow, Thank you for tha Man-Mermaid and the Drunken Moose, Sweet VA!!!

Now, what if they mated???

That's a creepy mental image.....

27th July 2006 02:02 PM
SweetVirginia

Oh, and VoodooScrounge.....

We got silly in this thread, but I hope
it shows you that there is life after
break-ups. We've all had them and lived
to laugh again. You will, too.

SV

27th July 2006 02:03 PM
glencar I think he should fight with his next girlfriend.
27th July 2006 02:05 PM
Some Guy If he calls her I'm pissed.
27th July 2006 02:19 PM
Dan
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
If he calls her I'm pissed.

Can I call her?
27th July 2006 02:24 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Dan wrote:

Can I call her?

not bad.
27th July 2006 02:27 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Dan wrote:

Can I call her?

Dan, no offense but from what I read you may be a little to much on the frugal side.

"When I spend $100 on a date, I feel like I made $50.
Paulie, Pope of GV
27th July 2006 02:31 PM
Dan
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Dan, no offense but from what I read you may be a little to much on the frugal side.

And the good news is frugality has allowed me to have enough money to indisciminitely blow on women, if I were so inclined.

27th July 2006 02:31 PM
Factory Girl
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

They can go to the zoo and frolick with the animals. Zoo has free or cheap admission.
27th July 2006 02:33 PM
Dan
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:

They can go to the zoo and frolick with the animals. Zoo has free or cheap admission.

I like picnics in the cemetary.
27th July 2006 02:34 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:

She said frolick, hehe. Also, from what I read, Dan is the "Master" of seeing bands on the cheap. So, if she likes music, might be a match made in heaven.
27th July 2006 02:36 PM
SweetVirginia I'm not sure, but I don't think the purpose
of this thread was to find a new man for
VS's lost love!

27th July 2006 02:37 PM
Dan
quote:

She said frolick, hehe. Also, from what I read, Dan is the "Master" of seeing bands on the cheap. So, if she likes music, might be a match made in heaven.

The way I like to do concerts makes the experience pretty much incompatible with dating. I prefer a non music fanatic.
27th July 2006 02:38 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
I'm not sure, but I don't think the purpose
of this thread was to find a new man for
VS's lost love!

Good point and I am ashamed to have been part of that.

But VS should NOT call her!
27th July 2006 02:40 PM
SweetVirginia Agreed.

Don't call her.

27th July 2006 02:40 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Dan wrote:

The way I like to do concerts makes the experience pretty much incompatible with dating. I prefer a non music fanatic.

I get it. I never minded doing concerts solo myself. Although my girl is a great concert partner.
27th July 2006 02:45 PM
Factory Girl
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

They can see plenty of bands in cemetaries. They can cemetary hop, and bring their own beer.

AKA cemetary BYOB. Dan can steal flowers from the graves, and seem romantic.
27th July 2006 02:48 PM
Dan
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:

They can see plenty of bands in cemetaries. They can cemetary hop, and bring their own beer.

AKA cemetary BYOB. Dan can steal flowers from the graves, and seem romantic.

They show movies at the Hollywood Cemetary now. They showed Rock N Roll High School there recently including a bonus of unearthed "Its Alive" footage from London 12/31/77. I didn't make it there unfortunately.
27th July 2006 02:51 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Dan wrote:

They show movies at the Hollywood Cemetary now. They showed Rock N Roll High School there recently including a bonus of unearthed "Its Alive" footage from London 12/31/77. I didn't make it there unfortunately.

Wow! Probably could have easily hopped a fence into that one.
28th July 2006 03:39 AM
Voodoo Scrounge All of the advice that has been given to me is greatly appreciated.

Its hard not to make contact with her because she is the chef in the local pub where all of my friends meet. So if I am to immerse myself in my friends then I face the certainty of seeing her.

I havent called her and I dont intend to. Although I will be going to see her at her house tonight on her request. She wants to have a chat. I am dreading that it is the 'I have found someone else' chat.

We kind of agreed to part for a couple of weeks and then see how it was going, but Im sure she doesnt want me anymore. I am hanging on to this chance that she does for dear life, because I love her so much.

I am not the most confident of guys and I dont really have the looks to be flirting with loads of girls. Aside from that, its not in my nature. I thought we were going to be forever and now I just dont know what I am going to do.
28th July 2006 08:02 AM
egon scroungy, i'm sorry for you.

really can't give you any advise on this
as i don't know anything about women
then again who does? (well, women maybe.....)
I don't even know why my girlfriend choses to stay with me!

BUT..... you found love once, and I'm sure you will again!
She dumps you? well, her loss.

And now, I'll shut up.

ps;
1) Drink
2) Don't call

[Edited by egon]
[Edited by egon]
28th July 2006 08:44 AM
Bitch voodoo Scrounge I feel your pain. Love, it's a BITCH, it always has been and it always will be, so get used to it.

My advice, 5 easy steps

1. play this song 6 times in a row, loud as possible (Tie Me Up) The Pain of Love - was it really worth the rap?
2. Buy some new threads and make yourself look good
3. Go out to the most crowded and noisy bar with live music
4. Ask some cute chicks for a dance, no talking about your ex
5. Find replacement sex as soon as possible

You can trust me on this, the only way to get over her is to move on and find some new excitement, make her a memory.
28th July 2006 09:53 AM
BILL PERKS YOU HAVE UNFORTUNATELY BEEN TAUGHT A LESSON KNOWN TO US OLD GUYS-DONT GET EMOTIONALLY HUNG UP ON CHICKS..YOU'LL BE ALRIGHT AFTER A COUPLE WEEKS.YOU LIVE IN THE GREATEST CITY IN THE WORLD-LIVE IT UP!
28th July 2006 10:13 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
All of the advice that has been given to me is greatly appreciated.

Its hard not to make contact with her because she is the chef in the local pub where all of my friends meet. So if I am to immerse myself in my friends then I face the certainty of seeing her.

I havent called her and I dont intend to. Although I will be going to see her at her house tonight on her request. She wants to have a chat. I am dreading that it is the 'I have found someone else' chat.

We kind of agreed to part for a couple of weeks and then see how it was going, but Im sure she doesnt want me anymore. I am hanging on to this chance that she does for dear life, because I love her so much.

I am not the most confident of guys and I dont really have the looks to be flirting with loads of girls. Aside from that, its not in my nature. I thought we were going to be forever and now I just dont know what I am going to do.

Hey VS,

I am not sure I like the way this is going. "I will be going to see her at her house tonight on her request." I feel this is her selfish way of making herself feel better. I think you should cancel it on her (better yet, no show). I do not see how this will help you. I agree, she probably found someone else. I am not trying to make you feel bad, but from what I read you said she is young. Younger women tend to never be without someone, so they kind of jump from one relationship staight into another. Also you said that your friends hang where she works, that will not work. You need some distance.

VS, she dumped you. If you are to ever be with her again she has a lot of "fixing" to do. More than likely that will not happen. If you ever just simply let her off the hook, she will do it again. I know it feels like we do not understand and your guys relationship is different. Lots of us have been exactly where you are. You will be fine. Be tough like Keef brother. Right now it's all about you, not anybody else trying to relieve their guilt or whatever.

Don't call her for the love of God!!

Just my .02
Take care,
TBS
28th July 2006 10:17 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I am taking very strong heed of all of your advice.

Not calling her is the hardest thing in the world!
28th July 2006 11:32 AM
Dan
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
All of the advice that has been given to me is greatly appreciated.

You might want to grab a few friends and "get together" someplace else. For a little while at least.

quote:

Don't go. She dumped you, unless you did something ridiculous like a joint checking account or get a pet or have a kid together, there is nothing to talk about.

quote:

Were you so clingy you drove her off? Dude, drink a lot the next few weeks and hang out at clubs or whatever. With friends. And talk to as many chicks as you can.

quote:

Looks are less important than you think. And I say that as the best looking guy on this board. How did you get this girl? You might want to try the same thing if you can remember what it was.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)