ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

ArenA, Amsterdam 31st July
© Rick Nederstigt with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Any chance of second stadium show in Boston? Return to archive Page: 1 2
26th July 2006 09:33 PM
Poison Dart Anybody heard anything about a second show in Boston?
26th July 2006 09:48 PM
glencar Absolutely NOT!
27th July 2006 04:53 AM
Gazza I'd be amazed if they come close to selling out the first one.
27th July 2006 07:18 AM
marko First of all,i don´t understant their stadium return to
usa?maybe its a logitical reason,and more money ofcourse.
but as a show wise,whats the point?
They should do theatres only and few arenas.
27th July 2006 08:05 AM
janzy Ticket sales are very slow in the pre-sale.
Great seats still available last night for fan club, season ticket and amex presales.
Not too long ago the joint would of been sold out in minutes!
27th July 2006 08:21 AM
Gazza
quote:
janzy wrote:
Ticket sales are very slow in the pre-sale.
Great seats still available last night for fan club, season ticket and amex presales.
Not too long ago the joint would of been sold out in minutes!

er..yeah but it IS their 3rd visit there in a year, so the novelty wears off somewhat for most people. Especially when you charge hundreds of dollars for shit seats. There's a limit to most people's stupidity.
27th July 2006 09:00 AM
LSTNT There are incredible tickets still available for these shows. When the tour started I could not even pull a single ticket for the Fenway shows and got poor seats for Hartford. AMEX has great seats for Gillette and Giants stadium available, I imagine the general public sale will have tons of tickets too. If you want tickets do not panic as you will get very good seats this time around. The brokers will make nothing on this final leg(which is fine by me).
27th July 2006 09:22 AM
Jerry in Boston
quote:
Gazza wrote:
er..yeah but it IS their 3rd visit there in a year, so the novelty wears off somewhat for most people. Especially when you charge hundreds of dollars for shit seats. There's a limit to most people's stupidity.

Yep. Fifth show in Boston = me buying cheapest ticket available!

By the way, I work in a hospital in Boston. Yesterday, our "perks" office sent an email to all employees about a quick drawing for free Bon Jovi tickets. BJ is playing Gillette tonight and the Kraft family (owners of the Patriots and the stadium) gave hundreds of tix to tonight's show to the hospitals. Not that I'm interested in Bon Jovi at all but I wonder what might happen if the Stones show sells poorly.

27th July 2006 09:44 AM
Gazza
quote:
Jerry in Boston wrote:
Not that I'm interested in Bon Jovi at all

thank you for that disclaimer, Jerry...
27th July 2006 09:45 AM
winter This show will be WIDE open (see JB and Pug's various posts on the subject of wide open). The legacy fan club pre-sale still has many seats in the first 25 rows.

JB, any predictions on attendance levels?

wintah
27th July 2006 09:51 AM
Gazza The opening show of a tour will also be the one that gets the most press attention. You can bet that the fact that theyve played 4 shows to about 100,000 people in that area already on this tour will be conveniently overlooked if this one bombs.

I can only imagine Joshy's reaction at the media's glee at the Stones only being able to half fill a stadium on an opening night.
27th July 2006 10:07 AM
Jerry in Boston
quote:
Gazza wrote:

thank you for that disclaimer, Jerry...

You are most welcome! I just figured I'd share that Kraft shoveled out tix to locals to a show at his stadium that I assume isn't selling so well.
27th July 2006 10:26 AM
jb This is no surprise if you folllowed my posts...this is going to be one tough sale for stadiums...
27th July 2006 10:30 AM
Gazza Law of diminishing returns and the bubble has to burst at some point - people arent always going to want to shell out hundreds of dollars for what are usually very ordinary seats, certainly not on a regular basis anyway. The Stones have marketed their show to a high-earning group of 'casual' fans who are just there to see them because theyre a big name. They arent the sort of people who, like us, will come back time after time. Its a more lucrative market in the short term but a lot more fickle.

I'm surprised the arse hasnt fallen out of the Stones' American market before now, like it has done in Europe where a lot of people have taken serious umbrage with their money-grabbing gimmicks and voted with their wallets. This may be the tour where it happens.
[Edited by Gazza]
27th July 2006 10:33 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Law of diminishing returns and the bubble has to burst at some point - people arent always going to want to shell out hundreds of dollars for what are usually very ordinary seats, certainly not on a regular basis anyway. The Stones have marketed their show to a high-earning group of 'casual' fans who are just there to see them because theyre a big name. They arent the sort of people who, like us, will come back time after time. Its a more lucrative market in the short term but a lot more fickle.

They will fill about 3/4 in each venue and that will be enough to be profitable as the Stadiums would be empty otherwise...The papering will be huge in most venues.
I don't see any automatic sell-outs except , perhaps, Atlantic City and Vegas.
[Edited by jb]
27th July 2006 10:40 AM
gimmekeef The Canadian dates will sell quickly because they have not played there and tix @ $99 are reasonable.Gillette is a huge venue in a market they have already saturated over last 3 years.Many of these stadiums will be more wide open than Paris Hilton's legs.....
27th July 2006 10:43 AM
jb
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
The Canadian dates will sell quickly because they have not played there and tix @ $99 are reasonable.Gillette is a huge venue in a market they have already saturated over last 3 years.Many of these stadiums will be more wide open than Paris Hilton's legs.....

It was a mistake to go back to Boston and Giants stadium ...these venues will not sell very quickly...same probably for Chicago. I shudder tio think how poorly the less popular markets will do, like Seattle , Austin, El Paso, etc....this was not a well planned tour....They had a hard time selling out arenas last time, let alone stadiums.
27th July 2006 11:00 AM
Saint Sway I "predict"....

they will return for a show at the Fleet Center. Late 06 or early 07.
27th July 2006 11:03 AM
mmdog
Playing Boston, Chicago, New York for the third time in less than a year, means those shows aren't quite the events they usually are, but they will still sell well. However I think you guys are wrong about the small market shows. These shows will be huge events, I bet Montana and Idaho will be jam packed. Just like Hershey was.
27th July 2006 11:16 AM
LSTNT I agree that then smaller market shows will sell better. It will be interesting to see the pricing on them. I know in 2005 shows like Albany, Baltimore and others were at a lower price point. Honestly the pricing at the Gillette show is pretty good. I feel that you can get very good seats for 152.00. Now for some I'm sure that's too much, but as far as the Stones are concerned, it's a good value.
27th July 2006 11:17 AM
Gazza the stadium in Montana barely holds the same as MSG for a concert.

They'll no doubt structure the prices accordingly. Plus, its not as if they have much competition in some of those areas are as far as big-money concerts go. I cant exactly see Macca or U2 playing in Montana. The show might be in a remote area population wise but theres still the novelty factor of a 'virgin' audience. Like Moncton was.,,and that show had the biggest paying attendance on the whole tour
27th July 2006 11:21 AM
Gazza
quote:
LSTNT wrote:
I agree that then smaller market shows will sell better. It will be interesting to see the pricing on them. I know in 2005 shows like Albany, Baltimore and others were at a lower price point. Honestly the pricing at the Gillette show is pretty good. I feel that you can get very good seats for 152.00. Now for some I'm sure that's too much, but as far as the Stones are concerned, it's a good value.

the thing is, though. Theres something fundamentally wrong with a system which penalises a fan in one part of a country compared to another based solely on where they live. A $150 seat in some markets will cost $450 in places like New York or Chicago. Should be a level playing field for fans across the country and they should also be more transparent about what priced seats are located where instead of this pot-luck system where youre supposed to guess if you havent been lucky enough to see a seat pricing chart which someone has obtained unofficially and posted on the internet.
27th July 2006 11:22 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:
the stadium in Montana barely holds the same as MSG for a concert.

They'll no doubt structure the prices accordingly. Plus, its not as if they have much competition in some of those areas are as far as big-money concerts go. I cant exactly see Macca or U2 playing in Montana. The show might be in a remote area population wise but theres still the novelty factor of a 'virgin' audience. Like Moncton was.,,and that show had the biggest paying attendance on the whole tour

I agree!

Montana = THE MUST-SEE SHOW OF THE TOUR

27th July 2006 11:48 AM
Jerry in Boston
quote:
Gazza wrote:
.... Theres something fundamentally wrong with a system which penalises a fan in one part of a country compared to another based solely on where they live. A $150 seat in some markets will cost $450 in places like New York or Chicago. Should be a level playing field for fans across the country...

I agree, playing regional economics blows. It sucks when a relatively shitty $150 seat in Boston would be a stool next to Charlie in a cornfield.
27th July 2006 12:00 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Jerry in Boston wrote:

I agree, playing regional economics blows. It sucks when a relatively shitty $150 seat in Boston would be a stool next to Charlie in a cornfield.

Word.

Montana will rock. Hard. Cornfields and all.
27th July 2006 12:16 PM
Jerry in Boston
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Word.

Montana will rock. Hard. Cornfields and all.

LOL Please do let us know how comfortable that stool next to Charlie is, won't you? See if you can't re-work the setlist on the plexi as well.
27th July 2006 12:20 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Jerry in Boston wrote:

LOL Please do let us know how comfortable that stool next to Charlie is, won't you? See if you can't re-work the setlist on the plexi as well.

no plexi needed in Montana! As they will be taking requests from the hundreds in attendance.
27th July 2006 12:35 PM
Jerry in Boston
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
no plexi needed in Montana! As they will be taking requests from the hundreds in attendance.

That would be a Stones lover's dream show! I am now wondering how one actually gets to Montana. Do they have an airport, or do we fly to Denver and hitch a ride on the back of a buffalo?
27th July 2006 12:43 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Jerry in Boston wrote:

That would be a Stones lover's dream show! I am now wondering how one actually gets to Montana. Do they have an airport, or do we fly to Denver and hitch a ride on the back of a buffalo?

they actually have an airport!!!

and a taxi cab.

but horse & buggy is the preferred means of travel

very fuel efficient!

I am going. Good fly fishing. I will be hosting a pre/post show party at my friends restaurant. I welcome all RocksOffers!

18 show set! But many rarities promised! (see: sig)
27th July 2006 12:44 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Gazza wrote:

the thing is, though. Theres something fundamentally wrong with a system which penalises a fan in one part of a country compared to another based solely on where they live. A $150 seat in some markets will cost $450 in places like New York or Chicago. Should be a level playing field for fans across the country and they should also be more transparent about what priced seats are located where instead of this pot-luck system where youre supposed to guess if you havent been lucky enough to see a seat pricing chart which someone has obtained unofficially and posted on the internet.

This is America dammit...Free market fucking at all costs!..But Mick promises some fresh tunes!....Street Fighting Man..here we come!!!!!!!!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)