ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

ArenA, Amsterdam 31st July
© Rick Nederstigt with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Does anyone listen to solo Stones? Return to archive
26th July 2006 02:55 PM
ExileInLA I just turned on "Shit In The Doorway" (as titled by Keith) for a re-evaluation, and i still hate it. how bad is that record? the kravitz song is the only one i dig?

other than mick, do you guys listen to solo stones ever? how about some solo charile with his big band? i like that shit. i admit it.
26th July 2006 02:58 PM
Saint Sway The Tim Reis Rolling Stones Project CD is a must

after that, Woody's 1st 2 records & Talk Is Cheap blow 80% of all Stones albums out of the water (I'm serious about that btw)
26th July 2006 03:00 PM
BILL PERKS I LISTEN TO
GIMME SOME NECK
GODDESS(TRACKS 1,4,6,11,12)ONLY
TALK IS CHEAP
REGULARLY
26th July 2006 03:45 PM
gustavobala i like:

talk is cheap - KR
primitive cool - MJ
wanderring spirit - MJ
1,2,3,4 - RW
gimme some neck - RW

i don´t like solo works about bill wymann, mick taylor, charlie watts, anothers from mick jagger!

ron wood´s (now look, i´ve got....and keith richards main offender are good, but i not listen much!!!
26th July 2006 04:15 PM
Factory Girl I watch Jagger at Webster Hall almost every weekend!

I actually love it!

Happy Birthday, Mr. Mick Jagger, and Thank you!!!
26th July 2006 04:17 PM
Ihavelotsajam Wandering Spirit kicks ass.
26th July 2006 07:05 PM
Jair
quote:
Ihavelotsajam wrote:
Wandering Spirit kicks ass.

Yeah! Love that album. And all the Ronnies, except "Not for Beginners, which is a piece of shit.

Imo, among his Stones fellow, Ronnie did the best ones...

About GITD, besides GGME, Hide Away and Too far Gone are pretty good too!!!
26th July 2006 07:06 PM
pdog Keith... Some Ronnie!
26th July 2006 07:25 PM
nanatod Does Ry Cooder count?

Could he be considered an auxilliary Stone?

If so, then "Paradise and Lunch" and "Buena Vista Social Club"
26th July 2006 07:35 PM
time is on my side
quote:
Ihavelotsajam wrote:

Absolutely!!! Wandering Spirit and Talk is Cheap are the only ones that I play on a regular basis. The others sit around and collect dust.
26th July 2006 07:44 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Ihavelotsajam wrote:

It does indeed, it does indeed.
26th July 2006 07:45 PM
Daethgod i listen to Ronnie solo heaps
love it

dont mind Keith

Mick is OK, but all his solo Cds together would make 1 decent double CD me thinks

Kow Tow, Shoot Off Ya Mouth, Luck Day, Evening Gown, Brand New Set of Rules, Hard Wioman, Say You Will are all OK by me

26th July 2006 07:56 PM
mojoman [quote]gustavobala wrote:
i like:

1,2,3,4 - RW
gimme some neck - RW

i dig those discs. just heard a nice japenese version of 1234. have been waiting a long time to hear again since my vinyl can't be played due to wacky turntable.
26th July 2006 09:59 PM
Soldatti I heard some Mick stuff today, half good songs and half of crap. Keith's first album is excellent, the second is mediocre but with good moments.
Wyman's albums are a joke, I like some of his work with the Rhythm Kings but not much.
Woddy's is the way to go, I love his first solo album, Gimme Some Neck and Slide On This.
26th July 2006 10:23 PM
Steel Wheels Talk Is Cheap is a must buy. Great guitars, songwriting that is tight and polished, Keith in vocally the best shape ever, and the pure spirit of why he is the heart and soul of the Stones jumps out at you on every track.

Wandering Spirit is another must buy. TONS of dance grooves on that album. Something to listen to loudly on the car stereo. Mick loves bass, loves slinky grooves, and it shows. This album has songs about love and sex, parties, women, you name it. Fun stuff!
27th July 2006 02:49 AM
Jumacfly Wandering Spirit is a great record.I love it, like I love MAin Offender...
but....my fav solo artist is Ronnie, his first solo records are quite perfect with great gems like
"I can feel the fire" or "Mystify me"...what a perfect song!

Slide on this is quite good but sounds like a Phil Collins production
27th July 2006 04:40 AM
Angiegirl Primitive Cool for me, at least 5 times a day (facing East).
27th July 2006 04:51 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Primitive Cool for me, at least 5 times a day (facing East).

you re definitely a (tall)woman of wealth and taste!!
27th July 2006 04:54 AM
Zack To me, every song on Wandering Spirit sounds like another song by someone else.

Every time I put on Woody's first album, I think to myself I'd rather be listening to the Faces box instead.
27th July 2006 03:20 PM
Lpollitt I listen to Talk, Offender and even Live at the HP all the time. Wandering Spirit is on the ipod as well as a few songs from Alphie.

I put on a few Charlie CD's during dinner parties. People usally just think it's some unknown jazz artist.
27th July 2006 03:23 PM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
Zack wrote:
To me, every song on Wandering Spirit sounds like another song by someone else.

Well, which songs and by whom, then? I'd love to hear them.

I mean WS is pretty much -typical- Mick, the whole album is very Mick, not Mick trying to be someone else. And here I mean the Mick we love, not the Mick that fucks up (see Primitive Cool).
27th July 2006 07:44 PM
lonecrapshooter crackin' up by woody and bo diddley live at the ritz
27th July 2006 08:10 PM
Soldatti Ronnie with the Faces is a must, the box set is awesome.
27th July 2006 09:25 PM
mojoman mahoneys last stand is a beautiful piece of work also
27th July 2006 10:41 PM
glencar I like/love all solo Rolling Stones. I'm a fan!
27th July 2006 11:21 PM
Taptrick
Agreed. I have Mick, Ronnie, and Keith work. I love the solo stuff too. I especially like Catch a Fire.

28th July 2006 01:45 AM
Bloozehound Main Offender should only be listened to at full volume, because it ownes your sorry ass!
28th July 2006 07:18 AM
Steel Wheels 999 is such a hard rocker that at full blast your neighbors will hate you. Main Offender is one of the 90's best albums.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)