ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

ArenA, Amsterdam 31st July
© Rick Nederstigt with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Oasis To Release Best Of Return to archive
26th July 2006 08:30 AM
Honky Tonk Man It's been announced that Oasis are to release a Best Of titled Stop The Clocks. It'll be out in November and is to feature 18 or what the band considers to be their finest tracks. Two tracks that are said to defiantly be featured are Half The World Away and Acquiesce. That’s to b-sides they've chosen, so I guess the rest will just be made up of the singles.
26th July 2006 08:34 AM
Gazza just repackage Definitely Maybe and be done with it - plus "Masterplan", the b-sides album they already put out years ago

A bit harsh, maybe - in all seriousness, that could be a good package. The stuff from the first couple of years is especially superb.
[Edited by Gazza]
26th July 2006 08:35 AM
JuanTCB Any word on any unreleased, new, and/or live tracks?

They're way overdue for a Best Of, but hopefully there'll be some incentive for those who've already got all the albums and b-sides.

A DVD companion piece would be pretty sweet as well.

R.E.M.'s IRS era is getting the same treatment (plus remastering) in September, with a lot of rarities on a bonus disc.
26th July 2006 08:37 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Gazza wrote:
just repackage Definitely Maybe and be done with it - plus "Masterplan", the b-sides album they already put out years ago

a CD single with "cigarette and alcohols" and "Slide away"
would be enough!!!!
26th July 2006 08:55 AM
Honky Tonk Man Supersonic
Cigarettes And Alcohol
Live Forever
Whatever
Don't Look Back In Anger
Wonderwall
Some Might Say
Champagne Supernova
Acquiesce
Half The World Away
The Masterplan
Stand By Me
All Around The World
Go Let It Out
Little By Little
Songbird
Lyla
The Importance Of Being Idle
------------------------------------------------------

Providing they don't intend to stick the obligatory "new tracks" on, which every band seems to do with Best Of's these days, I think that COULD be the track listing.
26th July 2006 09:01 AM
JuanTCB As far as coked-out anthems that go on for too long, I'd rather have D'You Know What I Mean? over All Around The World, but AATW will probably get the nod due to the AT&T advertising campaign featuring it going on in the US right now.

Who was it who put out different Greatest Hits tracklistings in different countries a few years ago - Bowie?

With Oasis, the UK Best Of could be a double CD.

In the US, an EP would probably get the job done.
26th July 2006 09:05 AM
Factory Girl HT Man,

You know that you have inspired my cd collection, and I've very high regard for your music tastes.

But, I just don't like Oasis. For one, they're so fugly.

Hey, you like Syd B?
26th July 2006 09:08 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
JuanTCB wrote:
Who was it who put out different Greatest Hits tracklistings in different countries a few years ago - Bowie?

Yes, it was Bowie. Oasis has enough classics to fill a double CD easily, but we'd pushing our luck with that. I actually want to change my tracklisting slightly. Stop Crying You Heart Out is FAR MORE LIKELY to make an appearance than Songbird. What was I thinking? I really do think my prediction will prove to be pretty accurate.
26th July 2006 09:10 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Hey, you like Syd B?

I'm not sure about solo, but Piper At The Gates Of Dawn has been on my CD want list for FAR to long!
26th July 2006 09:13 AM
Zeeta Because of the title I suspect it will include "Stop the Clocks" a song Noel penned a few years ago, otherwise why would they call it that?

Gazza has it right, all you need is Definitely Maybe and Masterplan (the b-side LP) and you're all sorted!

I like What's the Story and the others but let's face it they ain't got shit on Masterplan and Definitely Maybe!
26th July 2006 09:33 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
JuanTCB wrote:

In the US, an EP would probably get the job done.

quoted for truth!

oasis seems to be huge in europe, but i dont think anybody cares about them here. the consensus here is that those two brothers are totally played out, and were completely overrated to begin with...

oasis and robbie williams could do a sell out stadium tour of europe, no problem. that same bill would have trouble carrying 5,000 seat venues in the US.

it's weird how some stuff is huge in some regions and nobody cares elsewhere.

26th July 2006 09:37 AM
Factory Girl HT Man, check PM
26th July 2006 02:39 PM
Saint Sway I am man enough to admit I enjoy Oasis.

This Greatest Hits will make an excellent EP!
26th July 2006 04:01 PM
Factory Girl Sway, be nice to your mailman. Check PM!
26th July 2006 09:37 PM
Soldatti They could fill a double album with only the UK top 10 hits.
26th July 2006 09:48 PM
glencar I shall buy this EP!
26th July 2006 11:57 PM
Zack Far as I know, Whatever has never been released in the U.S.
Great tune, with an All You Need Is Love" thing going on the orchestration. I bought it in London when my daughter was born in 2000. Though from 94 or 95, they for some reason had just re-released the single. That is a real hidden gem American fans will flip over.
27th July 2006 12:32 AM
pdog The first album was great... Noel is the worst front man ever... He doesn't have to do a dog and pony show, but he's too pretentious on stage. He tries too hard to stand still, and it zaps the life out of the music!
27th July 2006 07:32 AM
corgi37 Man, its all over for them, isnt it? "Cool Brittania" and "Brit Pop" are like a life time ago. No serious U.S. breakthrough, an ageing and increasingly disinterested audience - Wonder if they wanna fight Ronnie now?

Oh, sure, i know, their last cd, maybe the one before that, went to #1. Then, 2 weeks later, was totally forgotten. Hey, anyone even remember the 1st single off the last album? Without looking it up, i mean. Do any of our Debbie Schlussel loving buddies even know who they are?

We all know it. The days of pasty faced, puffy jacket wearing, greasy haired, indescyperable limeys are over.

Now is the dawning of the sun bronzed ANZAC!
28th July 2006 07:42 AM
Honky Tonk Man The Sun newspaper announced the tracklisting today. There are indeed two new songs tagged on at the end, including the title song, Stop The Clocks.
------------------------------------------------------------

Some Might Say
Don't Look Back In Anger
D'You Know What I Mean?
All Around The World
Go Let It Out
The Hindu Times
Lyla
Masterplan
Half The World Away
Acquiesce
Champagne Supernova
Rock 'n' Roll Star
Supersonic
Wonderwall
Whatever
Boy With The Blues (new track)
Stop The Clocks (new track)

28th July 2006 07:43 AM
Gazza
quote:
pdog wrote:
The first album was great... Noel is the worst front man ever...

dont you mean Liam?
28th July 2006 07:45 AM
Gazza
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
The Sun newspaper announced the tracklisting today. There are indeed two new songs tagged on at the end, including the title song, Stop The Clocks.
------------------------------------------------------------

Some Might Say
Don't Look Back In Anger
D'You Know What I Mean?
All Around The World
Go Let It Out
The Hindu Times
Lyla
Masterplan
Half The World Away
Acquiesce
Champagne Supernova
Rock 'n' Roll Star
Supersonic
Wonderwall
Whatever
Boy With The Blues (new track)
Stop The Clocks (new track)

Very good selection
28th July 2006 07:51 AM
Honky Tonk Man Yeah, it's a very god selection. It’s a shame there wasn’t room for Cigarettes And Alcohol or Live Forever. They're the only two noteworthy omissions in my opinion. I’m guessing they’re hoping a few more buy Definitely Maybe then!
28th July 2006 08:29 AM
JuanTCB Can't believe they didn't put Live Forever on there.

I wonder if they'll be using single edits on this little 18 Gobs? There's a bunch of six and seven minute tracks on there.

Very psyched to see Go Let It Out, which I think is their most underrated single (off their most underrated album).

And glad Whatever is finally seeing the light of day in the U.S. - it's definitely in their top three best songs.
28th July 2006 09:01 AM
Honky Tonk Man Well, it was said this package was to be a best of and NOT a Hits CD and to reinforce that, take a look at the singles left off! Some of these were BIG hits. Live Forever is generally considered to be one of their defining moments and Roll With It was the tune they used to battle it out with against Blur's Country House.

Shakermaker, Cigarettes And Alcohol, Live Forever, Roll With It, Stand By Me, Who Feels Love, Sunday Morning Call, Little By Little, Stop Crying Your Heart Out, Songbird and Let There Be Love.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)