ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

ArenA, Amsterdam 31st July
© Rick Nederstigt with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: North American Fall Tour (aka "DIFTK") Announcement is Here Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
26th July 2006 03:22 PM
jb Sadly, Gomer Pyle passed on(Jessica was very hot ).
26th July 2006 03:22 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Is that photo a preview of the on-stage seats?

LOL. YESSS it is!!!

slightly out of frame, there is a bushel of hay. Its what they're using for the "b-stage'

Gazza, I trust you will make the trip to MT. I wouldnt be a Montana Summitt without you.
26th July 2006 03:24 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

LOL. YESSS it is!!!

slightly out of frame, there is a bushel of hay. Its what they're using for the "b-stage'

Gazza, I trust you will make the trip to MT. I wouldnt be a Montana Summitt without you.

This show is going to go over like a Led Zeppelin...college kids, in general, hate the Stones(see Gainesville 94-only 26k in 100k seat stadium)
[Edited by jb]
26th July 2006 03:25 PM
Saint Sway they will play Far Away Eyes, no??
26th July 2006 03:26 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
they will play Far Away Eyes, no??

I will be at MSG for Hollaween..........trick or treat
26th July 2006 03:30 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

TRICK!

I will be at the 2nd Beacon show that night, fool. With plenty of "treats"

but, enjoy the MSG "Ghosts & Goblins on Ice Spectacular"
26th July 2006 03:34 PM
Shawn20
quote:
jb wrote:

This show is going to go over like a Led Zeppelin...college kids, in general, hate the Stones(see Gainesville 94-only 26k in 100k seat stadium)
[Edited by jb]

I was in Gainsville in 94. It is true there were some empty seats, but there were more than 26,000 in attendance.
26th July 2006 03:38 PM
jb
quote:
Shawn20 wrote:

I was in Gainsville in 94. It is true there were some empty seats, but there were more than 26,000 in attendance.

I graducted UF in 84 and was ashamed...I think the total was either 26 or 36, but very low. It was a total embarrassment for me as an alumni.
26th July 2006 03:40 PM
axl79 We are 'Mostly' in it for the money...

We have to retire soon and need our money save , you know..

26th July 2006 03:42 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

I graducted UF in 84 and was ashamed...I think the total was either 26 or 36, but very low. It was a total embarrassment for me as an alumni.

Sounds like record attendence for a town most people have never heard of.
26th July 2006 03:44 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

Sounds like record attendence for a town most people have never heard of.

It 's a big college town-over 45k go to Univ of Florida, but not too many went to that show....The PPV in Miami had 55k and was OK...
26th July 2006 03:49 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

It 's a big college town-over 45k go to Univ of Florida, but not too many went to that show....The PPV in Miami had 55k and was OK...

Gainesville 1 35,149 1,678,114 BD

Nov 27 would have been Thanksgiving weekend, not a good time to be playing when most students would be at home, which could be far away from college. Sounds like Cohl's mistake, not Gainesville's.
26th July 2006 03:50 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

Gainesville 1 35,149 1,678,114 BD

Nov 27 would have been Thanksgiving weekend, not a good time to be playing when most students would be at home, which could be far away from college. Sounds like Cohl's mistake, not Gainesville's.

Like I said, around 36k in a stadium so large, it can fit over 100k...even if they cut it to 50k for a show, major empties...this could happen in many venues this tour...
26th July 2006 03:54 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

[Edited by jb]

The Montana stadium is apparently very small. A guy I know from out there told me it only holds about 25,000 for sports and you'd barely get 17,000 into it for a concert - so effectively its a stadium show with the capacity of an arena. Maybe Cohl got a bit inspired by Dylan's recent innovation of shows in Little League ballparks in out of the way markets and decided to try a slightly larger scale version!
26th July 2006 03:56 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:

The Montana stadium is apparently very small. A guy I know from out there told me it only holds about 25,000 for sports and you'd barely get 17,000 into it for a concert - so effectively its a stadium show with the capacity of an arena. Maybe Cohl got a bit inspired by Dylan's recent innovation of shows in Little League ballparks in out of the way markets and decided to try a slightly larger scale version!

I said it before.... I'll say it again... much as predicted Milan would be the "must-see" show of the European Tour, MT will be the "must-see" stop on the fall 87 city mini tour
26th July 2006 03:58 PM
Tom Foolery Can someone tell me when Tickets go on sale for Seattle?
jb That's ggod news gazza...I think they can get 12-15k,,,
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

I was at Staples for Halloween on Licks. The night Mick opened the show wearing a hallowe'en mask and Keith came out with the timeless "Hallowe'en - one night for you, every night for me." quote. Funny to be at a show where two thirds of the crowd seemed to be in fancy dress!
26th July 2006 03:59 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I was at Staples for Halloween on Licks. The night Mick opened the show wearing a hallowe'en mask and Keith came out with the timeless "Hallowe'en - one night for you, every night for me." quote. Funny to be at a show where two thirds of the crowd seemed to be in fancy dress!

That was a good show for a LA crowd(bored and pampered).
26th July 2006 04:00 PM
Gazza
quote:
Tom Foolery wrote:
Can someone tell me when Tickets go on sale for Seattle?

hello and welcome

No on sale date has been announced yet

https://tickets.rollingstones.com/
26th July 2006 04:02 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

That was a good show for a LA crowd(bored and pampered).

Oddly enough, the stadium show at Anaheim two nights later blew the crap out of it. One of the best Stones shows I've ever been at. Even though I had a nosebleed seat up in the 500's which was closer to the Mexican border than it was to the stage!!
26th July 2006 04:06 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Tom Foolery wrote:
Can someone tell me when Tickets go on sale for Seattle?

I got an email from Amex today at 4pm letting me know I could purchase tix today for Giants Stadium at 10am. LOL!!

so...
26th July 2006 04:07 PM
jb Sometimes the Srtadium shows are better....especially if you have a good crowd. I was at several stadium shows this tour , like Giants , and it really rocked.
26th July 2006 04:24 PM
Saint Sway Montana will quake!!!
26th July 2006 04:29 PM
LadyJane Halloween at MSG?????????

OH I am sooooooooo there!!!!!!!!!

JB...I'll buy you a pretzel...name the concession stand.

LJ.
26th July 2006 04:47 PM
charlotte for fucking mary joseph jesus christ and molly brown sakes...there is nothing wrong with student discounts and stadium/park shows if that is your choice...some people are selective in seats and price-many are not...In 6 shows (ABB) 3 inside/3 outside only UVA was a pain in the ass but going to stadium shows since 1970 I know this can be the case...My choice is UT-Austin,that will be fun...college discounts are going to be applied to most shows not just two listed above...

now, I have a friends in Spain and Germany who were just down right screwed...I do not think that's the case in any way in North America...at least not yet

[Edited by charlotte]
26th July 2006 04:56 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Halloween at MSG?????????

LJ.

Better start planning our costumes......

26th July 2006 06:39 PM
Gazza
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Halloween at MSG?????????

LJ.

The original list of dates had Edmonton for that night, although theres now a rumour of a second Beacon show on that date.

theyre in Vancouver on the 3rd, so Edmonton makes more sense, to be honest, especially as it was on that original schedule.

Nothing for MSG it would appear. I cant see them filling BOTH MSG and Giants at 3 months notice on what is their 3rd trip through New York in 13 months (or 4th if you count the Robin Hood Benefit)
[Edited by Gazza]
26th July 2006 06:51 PM
Dan
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Nothing for MSG it would appear. I cant see them filling BOTH MSG and Giants at 3 months notice on what is their 3rd trip through New York in 13 months (or 4th if you count the Robin Hood Benefit)

Someone on the Metal Sludge board is claiming MSG raised their rates again and that its really hard to turn a profit there. Apparently Journey and Def Leppard was going to play there in Sept but the show got moved to New Jersey because of it. I have always heard although its a prestigious venue, its not necessarily a profitible one. Sure the Stones turn one but I can't see them really *needing* the venue.
26th July 2006 07:16 PM
Gazza
quote:
Dan wrote:
I have always heard although its a prestigious venue, its not necessarily a profitible one.

This is true. Its also one of the reasons why there were so few world title fights in the place from the 80's on.

They also charge a fee if youre recording anything there. I was reading the sleevenotes for the CD reissue of Bowie's "Stage" album and it mentions that they had intended to record it at MSG, but that the venue charged massive fees for recording AND demanded an obligatory royalty! So, they recorded the album in Philly, Boston and Providence instead
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)