ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

ArenA, Amsterdam 31st July
© Rick Nederstigt with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: North American Fall Tour (aka "DIFTK") Announcement is Here Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
25th July 2006 02:33 PM
iluvmickjagger07 god damn it!
they had to chose el paso and austin and im here in dallas.
any advice on how i can convince my father to let me go to austin?
damn i have tons of begging ahead of me
25th July 2006 02:37 PM
pdog
quote:
iluvmickjagger07 wrote:

Tell him if he goes he'll have alot of fun and share a once in a lifetime experience with you.
25th July 2006 02:43 PM
_Boomy_ Damn. Too bad they didn't have this deal when I was in college!
25th July 2006 02:54 PM
iluvmickjagger07
quote:
pdog wrote:

Tell him if he goes he'll have alot of fun and share a once in a lifetime experience with you.

he's been to there concert twice and he really likes them but he wont travel for them.
last year i went to the dallas concert with my dad and the houston one with my sister. it took a lot of begging for him to let us go to houston on a school night. and on the way back to dallas my sister got 2 speeding tickets and both of us were sick so i dont think he'll let us go again.
25th July 2006 03:03 PM
Lazy Bones Rolling Stones confirmed for big Halifax concert
Canadian Press

Halifax — The Rolling Stones have added a few Canadian dates to their A Bigger Bang tour.

The legendary rock group confirmed on their website Tuesday they will play Halifax on Sept. 23, Regina on Oct. 8 and Vancouver on Nov. 3.

"We're going to play many cities we didn't get to before and also return to some of our favourite places," lead singer Mick Jagger said in a statement.

"We'll have a variety of material ready so we can keep it fresh."

Other added shows include New York, Boston, Chicago, Seattle, Los Angeles, Phoenix and Las Vegas.

According to the website, tickets for the Halifax and Regina shows are set to go on sale Monday. A date for Vancouver ticket sales wasn't immediately available.

Jagger also provided a status report on bandmate Keith Richards, who suffered a head injury in April after falling from a tree while vacationing in Fiji.

"Keith's fine, his head's better, he's playing well and enjoying himself so we're all looking forward to this leg of the tour."

Added Richards: "I'm really happy that we got some more gigs in America and Canada."

"I'm feeling great and can't wait to get there."

The Bigger Bang tour began last August. The band has already played before 4.5 million fans since it began.

The Halifax concert will be held at the Halifax Commons, a large park in the middle of the city. The Regina show will be held at Mosaic Stadium at Taylor Field while the Vancouver date will be mounted at BC Place Stadium.

The band played to tens of thousands of fans last summer in Moncton, N.B.
25th July 2006 03:07 PM
pdog
quote:
iluvmickjagger07 wrote:

he's been to there concert twice and he really likes them but he wont travel for them.
last year i went to the dallas concert with my dad and the houston one with my sister. it took a lot of begging for him to let us go to houston on a school night. and on the way back to dallas my sister got 2 speeding tickets and both of us were sick so i dont think he'll let us go again.

I'm sorry, that sux... Gotta dig deeper to get him to go!
25th July 2006 03:15 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
jb wrote:

100% correct and why I am harder on KR..as you say, we already know how mercenary Jagger and Cohl are; Keith has no credibility as I recall the press conference and he said "take the $ " or something like that to a reporter......And Charlie gets no break for me either, although he never pretended to be looking out for us either....Ronnie has no choice....

Oh ye bitter old men..lol....Tell me you'd play the cards any different?
25th July 2006 03:18 PM
jb
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Oh ye bitter old men..lol....Tell me you'd play the cards any different?

Off course not....just think MJ gets the bad rap ......KR is not any different.
25th July 2006 03:25 PM
gimmekeef Keith is far more shrewd than he's ever been given credit/blame for.He uses Mick to take the heat.I thought we all knew this for christ sakes?..Bottom line is there are shows to attend in 2006 that I woulda bet against severla years ago.Take em or leave em..and most will shell out again...The boys know us better than we know ourselves!
25th July 2006 03:28 PM
jb
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Keith is far more shrewd than he's ever been given credit/blame for.He uses Mick to take the heat.I thought we all knew this for christ sakes?..Bottom line is there are shows to attend in 2006 that I woulda bet against severla years ago.Take em or leave em..and most will shell out again...The boys know us better than we know ourselves!

We alwasy shell out, thus, we alwasy complain...it;s all part of being a mordern day Rolling Stones fans....a package deal..
25th July 2006 03:31 PM
Gazza Its so much a package deal that its a wonder Fanasylum havent organised one of their keenly priced trips yet to exploit those of us cursed with this dilemma!
25th July 2006 03:32 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Its so much a package deal that its a wonder Fanasylum havent organised one of their keenly priced trips yet to exploit those of us cursed with this dilemma!

.........They could get 1ok easily with a quick met and greet with the back up players....We preduicted this...
25th July 2006 03:36 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
jb wrote:

.........They could get 1ok easily with a quick met and greet with the back up players....We preduicted this...

It'll take a return of Cindi Mizell for me!..lol
25th July 2006 03:38 PM
Paranoid_Android "We're going to play many cities we didn't get to before and also return to some of our favourite places," lead singer Mick Jagger said in a statement.

"We'll have a variety of material ready so we can keep it fresh."

======================================================

Sadly...Mick probobly believes these things as he says them!!!
25th July 2006 03:41 PM
Lazy Bones possibly Toronto, too?!

an e-mail I just received from a good Shidoobee friend...

Hi,

An industrious Shidoob found a secret page on TM that shows Toronto having a show for the fall swing. The date is defaulted to December 31/06 - so the date is unknown.

I was sure we would not be skipped!!!

Sharon

25th July 2006 03:42 PM
Gazza
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

It'll take a return of Cindi Mizell for me!..lol

Cindy's playing with Springsteen on his current tour (and looking very nice too) so you'll have to wait!
gimmekeef The Streets of Love in Boise....has a funny ring dont it?
Gazza
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:
possibly Toronto, too?!

an e-mail I just received from a good Shidoobee friend...

think I saw something like that too...and for Washington DC also

edit : see here :

http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,485122
[Edited by Gazza]
25th July 2006 03:43 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Cindy's playing with Springsteen on his current tour (and looking very nice too) so you'll have to wait!

Was much slimmer than Lisa if I recall.....
[Edited by jb]
25th July 2006 03:45 PM
Gazza well she certainly is now....although to be honest I wouldnt kick either out of bed for farting..
25th July 2006 03:48 PM
Dan 12/31 is a common Ticketmaster default date, and often for cancelled shows that have yet to be rescheduled or even when no dates are forthcoming. I wouldn't jump the gun and buy a TM membership based on this listing.
25th July 2006 03:48 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
iluvmickjagger07 wrote:
god damn it!
they had to chose el paso and austin and im here in dallas.
damn i have tons of begging ahead of me

I was in Austin in March. Great place.
25th July 2006 04:16 PM
Gazza were you at the "SXSW" festival (sp) ?
25th July 2006 04:21 PM
charlotte Sun Oct 22 2006 Zilker Park Austin, TX

Looks like that's me...Zilker Park is beautiful. Austin City Limits has filmed a concert series there. A first class college town with tons of Dellnites(retired DELL employees who struck gold)

UT plays Nebraska in Lincoln on that Saturday(21)
25th July 2006 04:23 PM
charlotte
quote:
Gazza wrote:
were you at the "SXSW" festival (sp) ?

I have!!!!I have!!! see my hand waving

If you can make it to Austin for either ACL (Sept.) or SXSW (March), you'll have a wonderful oppurtunity to see some great up and coming bands. Modest Mouse, The Killers, Franz Ferdinand, Ryan Adams, Sheryl Crow, Howie Day, The Pixies, G. Love and Special Sauce, Endochine, Cake, and the list goes on and on. There were at least 130 bands.
2006 List:
http://2006.sxsw.com/music/showcases/date/2006-03-18.html
[Edited by charlotte]
25th July 2006 04:50 PM
Black and Blue
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
What a better way to spend my 30th birthday on Oct. 27th than with the greatest rock and roll band of all time!

No kidding I have the same birthday and last year i got to see the stones on october 26th....
25th July 2006 04:52 PM
Saint Sway "DIFTK"???

Didnt I Fucking Tell K_______ ?
25th July 2006 04:53 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Gazza wrote:
well she certainly is now....although to be honest I wouldnt kick either out of bed for farting..

Twin Dutch ovens it is then!!!
25th July 2006 04:54 PM
Gazza Its "Doing It For the kids" as a reference to the student discount offer, but "Didnt I Fucking Tell keith..." has a poignant ring to it
25th July 2006 04:58 PM
Gazza Sao Paulo and Santiago now seem to be on the cards for December as well as Buenos Aires, according to IORR

http://iorr.org/news.htm
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)