ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

ArenA, Amsterdam 31st July
© Rick Nederstigt with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: North American Fall Tour (aka "DIFTK") Announcement is Here Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
25th July 2006 10:40 AM
gimmekeef http://www.rollingstones.com/news/press.php?uid=561
25th July 2006 10:44 AM
Gazza for those too lazy to look - LOL :

07.25.06 The Rolling Stones Return To North America With 'A Bigger Bang' Tour
Kicks Off September 20th in Boston at Gillette Stadium
Tickets On Sale Beginning July 31st

New York - July 25, 2006 - The Rolling Stones will be back on tour this fall for the North American encore of their multi-continent 'A Bigger Bang' tour. It will launch on Sept. 20 at Boston's Gillette Stadium, recreating the magic of their historic Fenway Park kick-off one year earlier. The Rolling Stones hold the record for the most successful U.S. and world tour in 2005 and have already been named the number #1 touring band in the world for the first half of 2006 by Billboard. The U.S. tour dates will be sponsored by RadioShack.

The Rolling Stones who have already played to over four and a half million fans on 'A Bigger Bang' tour will once again perform for fans in cities including New York, Boston, Chicago, Seattle, Los Angeles, Phoenix and Las Vegas. This time around, playing primarily stadiums with a select number of arenas, they will also travel to many new markets to give fans an opportunity to experience the band at their best. The stadium shows will bring back the awe-inspiring production and grand scale excitement with the intimacy of the famed b-stage that brings the band up close to the fans.

"We're very excited about coming back to the U.S. and Canada. Most of the shows are going to be on the big stadium stage with fans in the balconies behind us. We're going to play many cities we didn't get to before and also return to some of our favorite places," said Mick Jagger. "There is plenty of time for rehearsals and to be able to make some set changes - we'll have a variety of material ready so we can keep it fresh." Jagger adds, "Keith's fine, his heads better, he's playing well and enjoying himself so we're all looking forward to this leg of the tour."

"I thought we left too soon you know, so that's the reason we're coming back. I'm really happy that we got some more gigs in America and Canada," said Keith Richards. "I'm feeling great and can't wait to get there. We're going to have the b-stage to get that very close thing happening with the band and the fans."

The Rolling Stones will bring young, contemporary opening acts to the stage for this leg of the tour. Artists to be announced shortly.

"The return to North America is a celebration of the fact that the most enduring rock n' roll band of all time is feeling and sounding better than ever before and are ready to rock," said Michael Cohl, tour promoter. "The response from fans and reviewers to the recent shows in Europe has been amazing. To give more fans an opportunity to see the band we're lowering the ticket prices on average 10-15% and taking an additional off tickets for students."

"The Rolling Stones are icons of the music world, and we at RadioShack are excited to join with them as they return to the U.S. for their fall tour," said Tori Binau, senior vice president, marketing for RadioShack Corporation. "Many loyal RadioShack customers are also fans of The Rolling Stones, so what better way to thank them than by offering special opportunities tied to the tour in the U.S. And with more than 6,000 stores in virtually every neighborhood in America, everyone gets an opportunity to participate. There's no better way to start off the fall season than a "bigger bang" with The Stones & RadioShack."

There will be an American Express pre-sale beginning July 26 through July 30 in Boston, New York and Chicago.

Tickets for the public in New York, Chicago, Boston, Halifax and Regina will go on sale beginning Monday, July 31 and will be available at all usual outlets.

There will be a limited number of Gold Circle seats available while the remaining 90% of the house will average for stadiums and for arena shows. In most cities, students will receive an additional off tickets. (Current ID required). Buys will be limited to 12 tickets per person. Additionally, 200 fans will have the opportunity to be onstage with the Rolling Stones as part of the stadium set and share in the excitement. These seats will also be available at the time of the general ticket on-sale. For additional on-sale information check local listings.

Rolling Stones fan club pre-sale, hot seat and VIP packages for New York, Chicago, Boston, Halifax and Regina begins July 26 at 10am ending July 30 at 5pm. For Official Tour, Fan Club Presales, Exclusive Merchandise and more, visit www.rollingstones.com.

Every ticket sold for the tour will include a Virtual Ticket membership to RollingStones.com. 'A Bigger Bang' ticket purchasers are invited to enjoy unprecedented, behind-the-scenes content with the return of Virtual Ticket, the on-line tour companion the band introduced in 2002. Virtual Ticket allows fans to intimately experience the band on the road via streaming video and audio, exclusive photographs and concert set lists.

The U.S.dates for 'A Bigger Bang' tour will be sponsored by RadioShack . The North American leg of the tour will be presented by Concert Productions International and The Next Adventure and produced by WPC Piecemeal Inc.

About RadioShack Corporation
Fort Worth, Texas-based RadioShack Corporation (NYSE: RSH) operates more than 6,000 stores nationwide and is one of the nation's most trusted consumer electronics specialty retailers and a growing provider of retail support services
25th July 2006 10:44 AM
Jeep Sep 20, 2006 Boston MA US Gillette Stadium
Sep 23, 2006 Halifax NS CA Halifax Commons
Sep 27, 2006 East Rutherford NJ US Giants Stadium
Oct 02, 2006 Wichita KS US Cessna Stadium Wichita University
Oct 06, 2006 Missoula MT US Grizzly Stadium
Oct 08, 2006 Regina SK CA Mosaic Stadium at Taylor Field
Oct 11, 2006 Chicago IL US Soldier Field
Oct 17, 2006 Seattle WA US Qwest Field
Oct 20, 2006 El Paso TX US Sun Bowl
Oct 22, 2006 Austin TX US Zilker Park
Oct 27, 2006 Atlantic City NJ US Boardwalk Hall
Nov 03, 2006 Vancouver BC CA BC Place Stadium
Nov 05, 2006 Oakland CA US McAfee Coliseum
Nov 08, 2006 Phoenix AZ US Cardinals Stadium
Nov 11, 2006 Las Vegas NV US MGM Grand
Nov 14, 2006 Boise ID US Idaho Center
Nov 18, 2006 Los Angeles CA US Dodger Stadium
25th July 2006 10:46 AM
Some Guy Strrets of Love is on its way.
PartyDoll MEG Thanks Gazza and Jeep... I am basically lazy and I AM suppose to be working-LOL
gimmekeef Another $100 million plus....bye bye U2/Madonna....
25th July 2006 10:50 AM
RollingstonesUSA I will be attending Boston, I will make sure it happens!
25th July 2006 10:51 AM
Gazza "There is plenty of time for rehearsals and to be able to make some set changes - we'll have a variety of material ready so we can keep it fresh." Jagger adds

eh? they have 17 days off after Europe and Keith will be on set for POTC3 for about a week of that!!

"I thought we left too soon you know, so that's the reason we're coming back. said Keith Richards.

yes, Keith - you only played 66 shows there already! We believe ya!

"The response from fans and reviewers to the recent shows in Europe has been amazing. To give more fans an opportunity to see the band we're lowering the ticket prices on average 10-15% and taking an additional off tickets for students."

Good news if true, but it'll be interesting to see how this 'works'. Considering the average ticket prices for the last US tour were 50% higher than what Cohl promised at the press conference, I reserve the right to remain cynical. Still, the Rolling Stones have finally woken up to the fact that theres a young fanbase who never get the chance to see them.

There will be a limited number of Gold Circle seats available while the remaining 90% of the house will average for stadiums and for arena shows.

Is it just me or does that sentence make no grammatical sense? shouldnt it read "will average (insert amount of ticket price) for stadiums and arena shows" ?

Strange_Stray_Cat No NYC show, too bad.
Nellcote "The Rolling Stones will bring young, contemporary opening acts to the stage for this leg of the tour. Artists to be announced shortly."

Does this spell THE WHO?
25th July 2006 10:52 AM
gimmekeef Shit just realized I have a trade show in SF..Nov 5-8th...Oakland here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!Plus there will be more dates added through to early Dec is my guess...
25th July 2006 10:53 AM
Steel Wheels What a better way to spend my 30th birthday on Oct. 27th than with the greatest rock and roll band of all time!

25th July 2006 10:54 AM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Strrets of Love is on its way.

Road trip to Boston?,lol
25th July 2006 10:57 AM
PartyDoll MEG So 15% off of $450 is still ridiculous, but THANK YOU Mr.Cohl for the break.. I have a sick feeling in me tummy-lol... Looks like just Chicago for me.

[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
25th July 2006 10:59 AM
Lazy Bones feel free to add toronto at any time...
25th July 2006 11:04 AM
Lazy Bones Regina, Boston and Chicago are already on ticketmaster...
25th July 2006 11:05 AM
Gazza
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:
No NYC show, too bad.

Giants Stadium is the New York show...its only a short bus ride away from Manhattan

Plus the provisional schedule has a theatre gig at the Beacon on 29/10
25th July 2006 11:06 AM
pdog
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Giants Stadium is the New York show...its only a short bus ride away from Manhattan

Plus the provisional schedule has a theatre gig at the Beacon on 29/10

Another $1k plus a ticket show?
25th July 2006 11:07 AM
Gazza
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Shit just realized I have a trade show in SF..Nov 5-8th...Oakland here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!Plus there will be more dates added through to early Dec is my guess...

Doesnt look to be anything after Thanksgiving. Two shows are provisionally scheduled after LA, with the last being in Hawaii on 23/11.

Nice work with Oakland!
25th July 2006 11:08 AM
Nellcote Gillette Prices

FLOOR SEATING*ON FIELD
US $62.50 - US $352.50

MEZZANINE SECTION SEATING
US $62.50 - US $152.50

LOWER SECTION SEATING
US $62.50 - US $152.50

UPPER SECTION SEATING
US $62.50 - US $97.50

CLUB SECTION SEATING
US $62.50 - US $97.50
25th July 2006 11:08 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
pdog wrote:

They'll definitely announce MSG after Giants is sold out. No way they'll play NYC and not do MSG.
25th July 2006 11:09 AM
Gazza
quote:
pdog wrote:

all conjecture at the minute I guess. It'll be either that or the much promised '$50 show' that thousands joined up to get - and which will be near impossible to get tickets for as every freeloader, relative and personal bumwiper will be on the shortlist for before anyone gets a sniff at a token presale!
25th July 2006 11:09 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Gillette Prices

FLOOR SEATING*ON FIELD
US $62.50 - US $352.50

MEZZANINE SECTION SEATING
US $62.50 - US $152.50

LOWER SECTION SEATING
US $62.50 - US $152.50

UPPER SECTION SEATING
US $62.50 - US $97.50

CLUB SECTION SEATING
US $62.50 - US $97.50

Not too bad!
25th July 2006 11:13 AM
Gazza
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

They'll definitely announce MSG after Giants is sold out. No way they'll play NYC and not do MSG.

Theyve skipped it plenty of times in the past! They didnt even play the NY area at all on No Security!
25th July 2006 11:13 AM
Nellcote I looked back at the browser after getting these prices, it was allowing to go thru the purchas process. One of those test screens, I imagine, of course I had no luck...
25th July 2006 11:14 AM
pdog
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Mostly all stadiums except for AC...
I am really curious how this will all go down...
Will stadium shows in the US sell like Europe just did?
I do not want to pay any money for a stadium show. I'm insulted, and pretty pissed at them, especially for screwing over Nor Cal repeatedly, with no club shows here...

LadyJane Okay....somebody sum this up for me as I'm shaking like a goddamn leaf.

Tickets for Chicago tomorrow via Am Ex pre-sale?

Any prices yet for Chi-town?

M..you're covered!!!! Those idiots at Am Ex just upped my limit 13k!!!!!!!!!!

LJ.

Gazza
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Not too bad!

could have been worse, I suppose. Hopefully a sign of things to come that they realise theyve ripped the arse out of prices up to now.
25th July 2006 11:18 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Any prices yet for Chi-town?

US $60.00 - US $450.00
25th July 2006 11:20 AM
Gazza I take back what I just said!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)