ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

ArenA, Amsterdam 31st July
© Rick Nederstigt with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: GATHERING IN PARIS JULY 27 & 28 Return to archive Page: 1 2
20th July 2006 03:41 AM
FOURCHETTE French fans from http://www.theworldisstones.com The World Is Stones Message Board will be gathering in Paris for a few drinks the day before the show and the night after the show.

As on June 2nd, the meeting point for both nights will be :

LE SOUS-BOCK
49 RUE SAINT-HONORE (métro Châtelet- Les Halles)
75001 PARIS

Map :

Our fellow fans from abroad are most welcome !
21st July 2006 12:15 PM
FOURCHETTE Back on the top for those interested...
21st July 2006 12:18 PM
glencar Howe was the June 2 gathering?
21st July 2006 01:32 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
glencar wrote:
Howe was the June 2 gathering?

Nobody showed up!
21st July 2006 02:10 PM
FOURCHETTE A lot of people showed up although there was no concert the day after... There were a few Americans and Canadians. One of them even sang Wild Horses.
21st July 2006 02:12 PM
glencar I was thisclose to planning to go to that show. I'd have been pissed off if I'd done it! Somehowe a goofball singing Wild Horses doesn't cut it pour moi.
24th July 2006 03:54 AM
FOURCHETTE For those who haven't read it yet...

Sorry, it was the last time !
24th July 2006 02:44 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
FOURCHETTE wrote:
A lot of people showed up although there was no concert the day after... There were a few Americans and Canadians. One of them even sang Wild Horses.

O My god, good old Dave Matthews again?
24th July 2006 02:52 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:

Nobody showed up!

have you tried enticing Stones fans to show up by having a member of the horn section as a "special guest"?

some parts of Europe actually consider Tim Ries, Kent Smith & Michael Davies to be a huge draw

give it a shot!

[Edited by Saint Sway]
24th July 2006 03:07 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat How about Nice?
24th July 2006 03:19 PM
jb
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:
How about Nice?

sold out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! vive la France!!!! Zidane for Prez!!!!
24th July 2006 03:22 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
FOURCHETTE wrote:
French fans from http://www.theworldisstones.com The World Is Stones Message Board will be gathering in Paris for a few drinks the day before the show and the night after the show.

As on June 2nd, the meeting point for both nights will be :

LE SOUS-BOCK
49 RUE SAINT-HONORE (métro Châtelet- Les Halles)
75001 PARIS

Our fellow fans from abroad are most welcome !

will there be a tent?
24th July 2006 03:29 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
jb wrote:

sold out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! vive la France!!!! Zidane for Prez!!!!

Is it really? Cool. Then I can sell my ticket for a lot of money...

Did I mention the fact that I have 2 spare tix for the Amsterdam show? So Josh, get packed, get your stuff and the missus in an aircraft and get your ass over here!
24th July 2006 03:32 PM
jb
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

Is it really? Cool. Then I can sell my ticket for a lot of money...

Did I mention the fact that I have 2 spare tix for the Amsterdam show? So Josh, get packed, get your stuff and the missus in an aircraft and get your ass over here!

I can't beleice so little excitement...beleive me, if conditions were different, I would travel to Europe...it is too dangerous as an American Jew to travel abroad at this time, agree???
24th July 2006 03:35 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
jb wrote:

I can't beleice so little excitement...beleive me, if conditions were different, I would travel to Europe...it is too dangerous as an American Jew to travel abroad at this time, agree???

You can fly with an American airline and be safe. Further, you will be safe in Holland I'm sure of that.
24th July 2006 03:42 PM
jb Please tell Rik and AnfgieGirl I said hello,...make this show really great!!!
24th July 2006 03:45 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
jb wrote:
Please tell Rik and AnfgieGirl I said hello,...make this show really great!!!

I will my friend, I will.

If their will be a Fall Tour, I will go to the States. Would be nice meeting you.
24th July 2006 03:53 PM
jostorm Too dagerous for American jews to travel to Europe at this time????? On what planet do you reside, jb??? In 1941 I would have said stay at home, but in 2006 you are safe, oh paranoidest of attorneys....
25th July 2006 03:06 AM
FOURCHETTE JB, please, stop saying nonsense... It's getting boring really.

For those who go to NICE :

-AUGUST 7th : gathering at KING'S PUB
15 RUE DE LA PREFECTURE
06300 NICE

-AUGUST 8th, AFTER THE CONCERT :

Gathering at the beach, the one which is opposite the NEGRESCO HOTEL, Promenade des Anglais.

You are all welcome !

[Edited by FOURCHETTE]
25th July 2006 03:25 AM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
FOURCHETTE wrote:
JB, please, stop saying nonsense... It's getting boring really.

We are telling him this for years now but he just won't listen!
25th July 2006 09:30 AM
Jacques Fourchette is right.
It will be a great pleasure to meet friends from all part of the world. Old good friends of Rocks Off, come to meet good European friends and fans of The World Is Stones.Hope we'll meet you in Paris or in Nice.
Hey Gazza don't forget we have to meet us in Nice
25th July 2006 09:39 AM
Gazza
quote:
FOURCHETTE wrote:

-July 7th : gathering at KING'S PUB
15 RUE DE LA PREFECTURE
06300 NICE

-July 8th, AFTER THE CONCERT :

Gathering at the beach, the one which is opposite the NEGRESCO HOTEL, Promenade des Anglais.

You are all welcome !

August 7th and 8th, I assume you mean. Thats cool. I'm staying just a few yards from the Negresco. Was hoping there would be something on the day of the show as I'll be indulging Mrs Gazza's whims on the 7th and will probably be unavailable..

a gathering at the beach around midnight? Good God!

Where is Rue de la prefecture? Is it in the side of the town near the airport/stadium or closer to the old town (a la The Negresco) ?
[Edited by Gazza]
25th July 2006 09:43 AM
Gazza
quote:
Jacques wrote:
Fourchette is right.
It will be a great pleasure to meet friends from all part of the world. Old good friends of Rocks Off, come to meet good European friends and fans of The World Is Stones.Hope we'll meet you in Paris or in Nice.
Hey Gazza don't forget we have to meet us in Nice

Damn right, my friend. I look forward to it. Hopefully we can all do something on the afternoon of the concert.
25th July 2006 12:18 PM
Jacques Here is a map with Negresco and Rue de la République (Green arrow on right top)

Click on the map to enlarge
[Edited by Jacques]
[Edited by Jacques]
25th July 2006 12:22 PM
Jacques Gazza we keep in touch for a rendez vous.
Nice to meet you in Nice LOL
25th July 2006 02:05 PM
jb
quote:
FOURCHETTE wrote:
JB, please, stop saying nonsense... It's getting boring really.

-July 7th : gathering at KING'S PUB
15 RUE DE LA PREFECTURE
06300 NICE

-July 8th, AFTER THE CONCERT :

You are all welcome !

That's how I feel..and it is not directed towards any one country or city. I would not travel to Germany, England, France , Austria ,Sweden, etc....it may be perfectly safe, but I personally would not feel safe, and hence, could not enjoy the trip. This is a subjective opinion and not intended to be offensive to anyone....................................
[Edited by jb]
25th July 2006 04:26 PM
FOURCHETTE JB, if you feel like coming to France, you are welcome. You really don't have to worry.

GAZZA,

Rue de la Prefecture is in the centre of Nice.

Here is a link to the French message board "The World Is Stones":

http://www.theworldisstones.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6474

You are welcome, Gazza .
25th July 2006 04:37 PM
jb
quote:
FOURCHETTE wrote:
JB, if you feel like coming to France, you are welcome. You really don't have to worry.

GAZZA,

Rue de la Prefecture is in the centre of Nice.

Here is a link to the French message board "The World Is Stones":

http://www.theworldisstones.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6474

You are welcome, Gazza .

Thank you...and I will come some time in the future...We were planning a trip next summer. I am really nice in person(see Gazza, Egon)
25th July 2006 04:45 PM
FOURCHETTE JB, you should come to one of our French Stones Parties in PARIS in the near future.
26th July 2006 08:03 AM
egon
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Damn right, my friend. I look forward to it. Hopefully we can all do something on the afternoon of the concert.

I'll probably be standing in front of the gate as from
0400 in the morning, therefore will be unavailable.

Though i guess my girlfriend will be interested
to hang with you guys as she sees the concert as
a sort of disney attraction
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)