ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sir Mick promises to keep on rocking into his 70s Return to archive
07-27-03 01:18 PM
Jen D Sir Mick celebrates his 60th birthday by promising to keep on rocking into his 70s - Dialy Telegraph (UK)
By Charlotte Edwardes and Elizabeth Day
Filed: 27/07/2003)

Sir Mick Jagger celebrated his 60th birthday in Prague last night - by announcing that he will continue performing until he is at least 70.

The Rolling Stones' lead singer told a Slovak newspaper that rock music was still a way of life for him and that he had no intention of quitting. "I will compose, sing and play as long as I can. I hope even in my seventies.

"People have been writing for 30 years now that we are old and exhausted. But there is no other band that would be playing for four decades. We may no longer be the rebels we used to be, but people change and simply stop doing some things."

Asked about whether he should still be performing the role of "rock legend", he said: "You may want to suggest that I am an old man who should be sitting at home in his slippers and watching stupid TV soap operas. No one will see that.

"I said a long time ago that we were a symbol of eternity. Millions of our fans have convinced us of that. We survived numerous music waves in which the thinking and lifestyle of young people was reflected."

Sir Mick has not always been so enthusiastic to continue playing. In an interview in 1970, when he was still in his twenties, he said: "I'd rather be dead than singing Satisfaction when I'm 45."

07-27-03 03:13 PM
steel driving hammer Fuck the Beatles.

Yesterday, ah the Beatles seem so far away....

All they do is hide away, in Yesterday....

Yesterday.
07-27-03 04:31 PM
Gazza "I will compose, sing and play as long as I can. I hope even in my seventies.

"People have been writing for 30 years now that we are old and exhausted. But there is no other band that would be playing for four decades. We may no longer be the rebels we used to be, but people change and simply stop doing some things."

Asked about whether he should still be performing the role of "rock legend", he said: "You may want to suggest that I am an old man who should be sitting at home in his slippers and watching stupid TV soap operas. No one will see that.

"I said a long time ago that we were a symbol of eternity. Millions of our fans have convinced us of that. We survived numerous music waves in which the thinking and lifestyle of young people was reflected."

Great quote and a wonderful bit of defiance. A Birthday present from Mick to all of us. Good on ya,mate.

" A symbol of eternity"....that has a nice ring to it!
07-27-03 09:22 PM
Maxmeister What a great attitude.
Rocking until you can't rock no more.
Mick, forever young.

Rick
07-28-03 10:41 AM
jb The Beatles SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
07-28-03 10:50 AM
Joey Like it says in the movie ................

" Either you get busy living , or you get busy dying "

{ Shawshank Joe }
07-28-03 10:59 AM
steel driving hammer Shawshank Redemption? Haven't seen that movie in while.

Funny how Tim Robbins and Susan Sarandon have shut their mouth since the war eh?

Also funny how the DEM 'hopefuls' didn't give praise when Uday and Omar were killed.

Joey will Toronto/Stones on TV or what?
07-28-03 11:14 AM
Joey " Joey will Toronto/Stones on TV or what? "

I hope so ........................

Still think Hillary Clinton will get into the race later on this year ( AKA RFK 1968 ) .

LBJOEY

07-28-03 11:18 AM
steel driving hammer She wont Joey.

If she does, I'll give you all my Stones boots.

That how sure I am.
07-28-03 11:25 AM
Joey " If she does, I'll give you all my Stones boots.

That how sure I am. "

You make Joey all giddy !

Bunny !
07-28-03 11:28 AM
steel driving hammer It just depends on what the definition of Bootleg is ;^)