ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Don't even joke about that man! Return to archive
07-25-03 08:58 PM
nankerphelge A promoter who offered to take men on "Hunting for Bambi" safaris in which they could hunt down naked young women with paintball guns admits that it was a hoax and now faces misdemeanor charges, the mayor said Friday.

Promoter Michael Burdick (search) could get six months in jail and a $1,000 fine for operating without a proper business license, Mayor Oscar Goodman (search) said.

"I'll do everything I can to see this man is punished for trying to embarrass Las Vegas," Goodman said.

• Video: Hunting Bambi

Burdick called the misdemeanor summons a waste of taxpayer money.

"I have a license; it's hanging on my wall," Burdick told The Associated Press before cutting off questions.

Burdick found himself in the crosshairs of women's groups after he told a Las Vegas TV station that he was selling reservations to men willing to pay $5,000 to $10,000 to hunt down naked women in the desert.

Las Vegas officials investigated, and said Burdick admitted that the safaris were just a hoax intended to promote the "Hunting for Bambi" (search) videos that Burdick sells. The videos are marketed as depicting nude women being hunted by men who have paid for the privilege.

But the mayor said the videos actually show "actors and actresses, and there wasn't even the real shooting of paint balls."

John Redlein, an assistant city attorney, said Burdick offered the hunts at high prices to discourage anyone from actually booking a safair, and he told investigators his Internet site could not even accept credit card charges in the amount necessary to reserve a hunt.

A report on Burdick's "Hunting for Bambi" first aired July 10 on KLAS.
07-25-03 09:06 PM
gypsy Joey lost a small fortune on that venture...
07-27-03 04:22 PM
Joey " Joey lost a small fortune on that venture... "

No my Princess , I GAINED a small fortune here :

www.2SensualProducts.com

By the way , did you get your new Playboy yet ???? Great pic of my favorite ( Christi ) towards the back .......Oh my God !! Poem alert ..............Go NOW !!!!!!!!!!

As I lie awake alone ,
I think of you at home ;
Nothing's going on and what's supposed to ?

I try to please the local crew ,
They say they LOVE ME TOO !;
But I'm really only just showing off ........

I never want to hurt you girl ,
I try to change my ways , no more " Man Friends " ;
The only trouble is , I think I like it the way it is ,
Like it .......the way it is .............
Like it .......the way it is .............

Like it ..............THE WAY IT IS ( Joey now singing in the upper octives ) Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

{{ JOEY TOWNSHEND }}