ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Beer for lunch Return to archive
07-25-03 01:15 PM
nankerphelge Ah my dearest Stonesian family.

I could not help myself on this beautiful sunny day here in Sweet Virginia!! I had to partake of a few Newcastles. They are very tasty!!

I am going back soon for more, but first I must stop by my car, for there, hidden away, is a small but potent little friend of mine!! Then I will have more Newcastles!!

I believe the beer/chiba mixture to be the best 1-2 combo known to man. And I have tried them all:

beer/whiskey
chiba/whiskey
chiba/rum
rum/tequila
tequila/coke
coke/PCP
tequila/crack
tequila/hash
hash/crack
crack/Ajax

none even come close to the perfect symbiotic mixture of fine chiba and Newcastle brown ale.

I plan to drive home naked and re-enact the infamous Maxlugar/dog incident of 1983.
07-25-03 02:18 PM
egon nank, it seems you are setting yourself up for a nice weekend. enjoy!

and i do like your beer suggestion;
to the pub it is!
07-25-03 02:30 PM
telecaster nanky glad to see you are back to lunchtime drinking

It is highly recommended

My list:

whiskey/brunette
gin/blonde
vodka/redhead
scotch/anything
07-25-03 08:22 PM
nankerphelge What a night here. Sundown, mid-70s, blue sky!

Topped off a beer-for-lunch day with a fine wine dinner and a certain ceeegar for desert!! You know!

My horned little head is swimming with delight!

I listened to Ya Yas as dinner cooked.
And now, as darkness falls, I think a healthy dose of Goats Head Soup is in order!!! Followed by some Voodoo Lounge.

Don't know if I mentioned it lately, but I love this band!!!

[Edited by nankerphelge]
07-25-03 08:27 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Nice day today. My roommate has become addicted to coughsyrup, which makes for some interesting conversations but little else.

I think I'll put on some... hrm. I haven't listened to Ya Ya's for some time now...

Good choice. I'll follow your lead.

-tSYX --- We're sorry for the delay - is everybody ready?