ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: white stripes an neil young (nsc) Return to archive
07-25-03 11:50 AM
mac_daddy my tix for 7/23 came in the mail today...

I also just received an email that another date - 9/24 - has been added; tix go on sale 10am Pacific for those that are interested. Let's just hope Jack's hand is OK by the end of September...

by the way, if neil young and crazy horse come to your town, go and see them. I just saw one of the shows @ the Greek (LA) and it was great. I didn't tape because I was with my buddies from high school - it was a "drink lots of beer and shoot the sh*t" kind of night (not a "sit quietly and pull a bitchin' tape" night). But the band sounds great, Greendale fits nicely with the Live Rust era stuff he plays during the extended encore. My buddies hated the actors and the visuals, but they didn't bother me. I am surprised that Neil was so political (for him). Great show, and well worth the $100 face value (although the ticketmaster convenience fee AND the facility fees are getting to be a bit much)...
07-25-03 12:20 PM
Lazy Bones Please tell me you saw the show on the 23rd...! Tour debut for both Cortez The Killer AND The Loner!
07-25-03 12:34 PM
Martha I saw the Greendale show in June at Germain in Columbus, OH...and LOVED it!

Did Lucinda open the L.A. show? She's incredible too.

Glad you caught Neil...I hope everyone gets to see this show. It is a moment in rock history I'm very gratefull to have witnessed.

I hope the White Stripes show at Bogarts in Cincy is rescheduled.... does anyone know? I do not have tickets for the show that was scheduled for August 2nd. Word?
07-25-03 12:36 PM
mac_daddy yup - we were there Wednesday night! Didn't know those were tour debuts - but they rocked. I was laughing because when he broke into the Loner, everybody was looking around, not recognizing the tune, and we were all jumping up and down because though we had seen Neil and the Horse many times, none of us had heard the Loner...

As for Cortez, my buddy was the only guy in the section who stood up for the whole thing. I couldn't believe everyone was sitting for that one - I felt bad because the tix were expensive and I am a tall guy, but I was proud my buddy didn't give a shit (beer=courage). Great show...

I guess Bonnaroo isn't considered part of the tour, but Cortez is in that set, as well. Apparently the discs I sent you have not arrived yet
07-25-03 12:46 PM
mac_daddy btw...

I don't know how many of you are into Bit Torrent and FLAC (I tried to arouse interest, but didn't get much response here). Anyway, there is a Schoeps (excellent mic manufacturer) source of one of the Neil and Crazy Horse shows at MSG now available to download via Bit Torrent. You can bet that I am on that one (esp. since I didn't tape on Wed)...
07-25-03 02:54 PM
Dan I am thinking of heading down to the Greek tonight to see if I can score a cheap scalper ticket. Otherwise too expensive since there are so many shows this summer. Was going to go to the Sep 20 show in Irvine but Cheap Trick is playing the same day.
Saw the 2nd to last date of the Metal Sludge Extravaganza tour last night with Faster Pussycat, Enuff Z Nuff, Pretty Boy Floyd and Tuff and had a blast.
07-25-03 07:21 PM
mac_daddy well I am listening to the source from MSG, and it sounds good (esp. when massaged with a bit of EQ)...

it is flying right now, so if you are interested in this one, now would be the time to hop on...

if you have Bit Torrent installed on your machine, open this *.torrent file to start your download.
07-25-03 07:30 PM
mac_daddy Neil Young & Crazy Horse - June 26, 2003
Madison Square Garden (New York, NY)

Source: Schoeps ccm4’s>Bill Box>pcm-m1>
LynxOne Card (XLR Digital Input) >
Sound Forge + CD Architect
Taped by: [email protected]

Hosted by (MUCH THANKS TO JOE @) http://digipatch.no-ip.org/

"Electric Greendale"
d1t01 Falling From Above
d1t02 Double E
d1t03 Devil's Sidewalk
d1t04 Leave The Driving
d1t05 Carmichael
d1t06 Bandit [solo acoustic guitar]
d1t07 Grandpa's Interview
d1t08 Bringin' Down Dinner [pump organ]
d2t01 Sun Green
d2t02 Be The Rain

d2t03 Hey Hey My My (Into The Black)
d2t04 Like A Hurricane
d2t05 Sedan Delivery
d2t06 Powderfinger
d2t07 Rockin' In The Free World

the band:
Neil Young (vocals, guitar, piano, pump organ)
Frank Sampedro (guitar, keyboards, vocals)
Billy Talbot (bass, vocals)
Ralph Molina (drums, vocals)

with:
Pegi Young (background vocals)
Nancy Hall (background vocals)
Susan Hall (background vocals)
Twink Brewer (background vocals)