ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: SARS SHOW Return to archive
07-25-03 10:19 AM
riffhard64 CBC to broadcast Stones concert
Last Updated Fri, 25 Jul 2003 7:07:53
TORONTO - Canadians across the country will be able to tune into Wednesday's huge SARS benefit concert from Toronto, headlined by the Rolling Stones.

CBC Television, CBC Radio One and Radio-Canada will present "Toronto Rocks," a live broadcast from the event from 9 p.m. to 11 p.m. ET.

CBC Newsworld and RDI will broadcast from the event throughout the day.

MuchMoreMusic has also announced it will broadcast parts of the concert.

Headlined by the veteran rockers, the concert also includes Justin Timberlake, AC/DC, Rush, the Guess Who, Blue Rodeo, the Tea Party and Sam Roberts.

More than 400,000 are expected to attend.

Written by CBC News Online staff

07-25-03 12:55 PM
jb I would not pay to see any of the above acts with the exception of the Stones and AC/DC. What a horrendous line up of talent...aren't the Stones embarrassed by this?
07-25-03 01:00 PM
gimmekeef Why would they be embarrassed? Lot's of people attending will enjoy the variation and don't have to be there if they don't want to be.This is about the city not the band.Have you ever even heard some of the other bands? I love the Stones to death but when it come to music each to his own I say!
07-25-03 01:12 PM
Factory Girl the promoters want to give Stones fans more bathroom time...lol

I do agree with jb, the Stones should be nowhere near Justin...he is so UNWORTHY!.
07-25-03 01:35 PM
riffhard64 <<-----------Agrees with JB & Factory Girl...Justin Timberlake??...WTF?
07-25-03 09:00 PM
Gazza Its a charity event Josh - not a fucking Rolling Stones show. It might have escaped your notice but theres a bigger picture here/

the whole point is to attract a wide audience and therefore give the event and the cause maximum publicity - hence the wide musical variety.

The Stones arent obviously too embarrassed at asking for ten million dollars to play for just over an hour at a CHARITY show so why on earth should they be embarrassed because some bands who happen to be under 50 and appeal to a younger audience happen to be on the bill.
07-26-03 04:23 AM
Jacques I've read they expect more than 600 000 people attending this show
07-26-03 07:04 AM
Monkey Woman Hey Gazza, I thought the $10 million were needed to cover the costs of such an event (lighting, rigging, stage hands salaries, security and catering for the audience... Surely it doesn't go straight in the Stones's pockets? If I remember correctly, there was the same problem for the LA "Global Warming" free concert. A private sponsor (and friend of Mick, someone said) paid for the bills.