ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: AOL Arena - Hamburg - July 24 - Setlist, pics and reviews Return to archive
07-24-03 09:32 AM
RubyFriday The program of the pre show party

Arrival

07-24-03 10:01 AM
steel driving hammer MSG 03 was on HBO last night and while watching it for the 8th time, I thought of something. This tour, Mick seems not interested in the control of things. He seems to just enjoy himself and get a laugh or two. Yet, the passion is all there.
07-24-03 12:19 PM
Talya Peachfeather
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
MSG 03 was on HBO last night and while watching it for the 8th time, I thought of something. This tour, Mick seems not interested in the control of things. He seems to just enjoy himself and get a laugh or two. Yet, the passion is all there.

Maybe it's got something to do with his being single and not having to worry about divorces and other such things.
07-24-03 12:30 PM
jb Maybe it's the fact that he is fed up with Keith and Ronnie sucking on the guitar...
07-24-03 02:32 PM
sandrew As much of a Keithaholic I am, JB, this tour has made me a Mickaholic. The guy is carrying the band (Charlie's still good tonight, too), pure and simple.
07-24-03 03:34 PM
jb Agreed.....he has carried them since 97 forward....he has gotten better, while, tragically, K&R havee reallyyyyyyyy declined.
07-24-03 05:44 PM
steel driving hammer From Shidoobee!

Brown sugar

Start me up

You got me rocking

Dont stop

Angie

You cant always get what you want

Can't you hear me knocking

Tumblin' Dice

Slipping Away --- (note: it's raining...)

Before they make me run

Sympathy for the devil

Respectable (bstage)

I just want to make love to you (bstage)

Street fighting man (bstage)

Gimme shelter

IORR

Honky tonk women

Satisfaction

JJF

Gonna Rock Utrecht!

07-25-03 12:37 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Read this review by TT
07-25-03 04:18 AM
montana
07-25-03 12:15 PM
RubyFriday I wrote a letter to Mick to his Hamburg Hotel and told him that Hamburg is ready for CYHMK...and they played it ! So,what can I complain ?
Moin moin ,Hamburg.......(a special north german form of greeting) Jagger said and the crowd went nuts.Later he said : Ihr seid ein geiles Publikum,hard to translate,lol.The whole show was fantastic,100 % better than Munich stadium and also the crowd was more enthusiastic .Highlights of course CYHMK and - surprise,surprise ,I liked also Satisfaction very much this time. The sound wasnīt always good from my place,especially B-stage, but who cares,I knew most of the songs .
Afterwards I went to an after show party at Stadtcafe Altona.Itīs a nice place ,designed by Friedensreich Hundertwasser.In the room was an exhibition with many Woody paintings,golden records,a big 3D installation of Satanic Majesties cover and much more things.A very good cover band - Brown Sugar -played for hours.After their set ,the drummer and the bassist played a short set with Nikki Sudden......Bye Bye Johnnie,Wild Horses,Sweet Virginia and 2 or 3,I canīt remember,was a great set.All in all,a great venue,a great show,a great evening ! The band was on fire though I feared before,they could be a bit tired after the Stockholm week.

Nikki Sudden

sorry for the bad scans

07-25-03 04:39 PM
jb Only 40,000 in a stadium!!!!Wow, terrible German support this tour!!!!!!!!!
07-26-03 12:55 AM
Maxlugar Josh, thanks for telling it like it is about the guitars. Keith is at about 70% and Ronnie, despite some great shows, is at 20%. I was sent into convulsions over that AC/DC show where they reportedly kicked the Stones ass. Does not even the fact that AC/DC is on the bill shake these guys up?

Listen to me carefully, I love the Stones and have loved the shows of late. But the guitars are not what they should be. Plain and simple.
07-26-03 11:09 AM
Sir Stonesalot Dog molester!!!
07-26-03 12:35 PM
littleredrooster Will Maxy lick his own pelotas when satisfied????

STAY TUNED!!
07-26-03 09:58 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Josh, thanks for telling it like it is about the guitars. Keith is at about 70% and Ronnie, despite some great shows, is at 20%. I was sent into convulsions over that AC/DC show where they reportedly kicked the Stones ass. Does not even the fact that AC/DC is on the bill shake these guys up?

Listen to me carefully, I love the Stones and have loved the shows of late. But the guitars are not what they should be. Plain and simple.

Josh telling it like it is? He's putting Keith at 30% and Ronnie in the bar across the street the whole time!

They tend to be playing at 50%, each. That is to say, some nights are Keith's nights. Some nights are Ronnie's nights. Some nights are no one's nights, and that's even more trouble. The past few shows (including the Stockholm Cirkus show) have all singled out Ronnie as the star of the show just as Olympia and a buncha shows in Spain and France had Keith covering for his banana-playing ass. Opening night and a few others throughout have brought us to the "no one's playing" level, which is positively abysmal.

When Ronnie woke up after a disasterous first half to take Olympia, I'm sure we caught a fleeting glimpse of the Stones of old. But their consistancy, rather than *increasing* on the road, has actually been *decreasing*. This is, sad to say, looking more and more like the "In with a bang out with a whimper" tour that No Security turned out to be as they rest on the laurels of great reviews from some amazing US shows.

I fault both Keith and Ronnie for this - Keith's done it consistantly every tour since World War III, though, and Ronnie also now thinks he has nothing more to prove since now everyone knows he can play like a motherfucker when he wants to.

Wake up, Stones!

-tSYX --- If you can't rock me...
07-26-03 10:03 PM
Boomy Never really got into mathematics when it comes to the Stones.

07-26-03 11:43 PM
Nasty Habits Hey Ruby Friday, that impromptu Nikki Sudden set sounded very cool. I always liked the Swell Maps.

07-28-03 01:12 PM
Factory Girl How do we know the dog didn't enjoy Maxy?? Can I get a winess??