ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Micks 60th Return to archive
07-24-03 08:24 AM
Daethgod from news.com.au
Sixty is secret for Stones' Jagger
By Jan Marchal in Prague
24jul03

ROLLING Stones singer Mick Jagger's 60th birthday is turning into a top secret affair, with entertainment venue managers in the Czech capital Prague vying for the role of host - despite not even knowing on what day it will be held.

While die-hard fans know that rubber-lipped rock legend Michael Philip Jagger was born in Dartford, Britain on July 26, 1943, the man responsible for the Stones' concert in Prague is being tight-lipped about a possible party on Saturday.
"We don't know where or when the party will take place, or if there will even be a party," Serge Grimaux, organiser of the Czech leg of the band's Forty Licks tour, said.

Even VIP guests are having to wait until the last minute to know where the party will be held. Former Czech president and long-time Stones friend Vaclav Havel is waiting patiently, if his spokesman is to be believed.

"Mr Havel has already decided on a birthday present, but I can't tell you any more. It's a surprise," Jakub Hladik, secretary to the former dissident and playwright, said.

Meanwhile, the city of a hundred bell towers is also the city of a hundred nightclubs, and they have all been vying for the honour of hosting Jagger's much-anticipated sixtieth.

Chic baroque restaurant Hergetova Cihelna, with its stunning views over the city's famous Charles Bridge, was for some time tipped as favourite. But the staff's hopes have just been shattered.

"I've just found out that, sadly, our efforts were unsuccessful," restaurant manager David Clark told the Dnes newspaper.

Apparently, the much-vaunted view down the Vltava River was a problem for party organisers, as it would allow fans and tourists an equally impressive view of the festivities.

Clark said that the party would have been absolutely off-limits to anyone but staff and those personally invited by Jagger.

The British band members - themselves celebrating 40 years together this year - are due to touch down in Prague on Friday, for the fourth time since 1990.

Back then, they met Havel for the first time, just months after the dissident had been released from prison and elected president.

Apart from Sunday's open-air concert in the Letna park near the city centre, once a rallying point for the 1989 Velvet Revolution, the only item on the group's official program is the opening of an exhibition by band guitarist and former Ealing Art School student Ron Wood.

But there is still more bad news for fans hoping to try to talk their way into Mick's sixtieth: they might not even get the day right, according to Grimaux.

"In fact, (Jagger) will be 60 already on the night of Friday to Saturday, sometime after midnight," he said.

07-24-03 09:48 AM
stonedinaustralia Daethgod is that really you???

where have you been... you really know how to write a post and they have always been "minty fresh" (if you know what i mean)... see joey's posts for further compliments...

btw, is your handle a typo you've simply accepted or is there some method in your madness...

and now that she (or was it he) has gone, who the hell was that in your old avatar...it looked like the madwoman before she put her breakfast all over the road...

Anticipating.........

SIACKY
07-28-03 05:21 AM
Daethgod heya

yer Daethgod is a typo ...

it was supposed to be Deathgod ... go figure ...

re my old avatar, i was getting spooked that too many peeps thought the pic was me !

this one is me, in my Stones Voodoo bandana