ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Def Leppard Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
07-21-03 03:41 PM
nankerphelge That is wisdom.

Guys with mullets sure do have a good time.

Until they are on COPS.
Then it ain't so much goddam fun anymore.
Big police dog chasing your beer-belly ass in the dark. Jumpin over the neighbors' fences on national television!

07-21-03 03:41 PM
Joey " Doesn't it look like a modern day The Oath of the Horatii?"

Huh ?

Wait , is that the same as the pledge of allegiance ?
07-21-03 04:13 PM
gypsy It's so true, nanky. And it was only after "Joe Dirt" came out that guys started getting their mullets chopped off. Like, they didn't know their hair was wrong before they saw it in the movie. And it really is sad, cuz most of them are fun-loving...then they realized that all those years people had been making fun of their haircut...and they turned kind of bitter.
07-21-03 04:28 PM
gypsy Dande*, I just spent 15 wonderful minutes at mulletsgalore. Just wanted to tell you 'thanks.'
07-21-03 07:06 PM
Dandelion* Thank nanker. He posted the link! I spent about an hour there!
07-21-03 07:34 PM
gypsy Thanks, nank.
Dande*, did you check out the mullet wedding? nasty.
07-21-03 08:55 PM
LadyJane OMG! Now that's entertainment. I just added that site to my favorites list. Didn't know whether to put it under Horror or Funny!!

Mullet Matrimony....how many cans of Aqua Net Super Hold were needed for that crew??? Nasty indeed.

I hereby challenge all RO men to submit photos of themselves sporting their favorite all time Mullet.

LMAO.

LadyJ.
07-21-03 10:04 PM
nankerphelge Looks like any old Virginia block party to me, but I'm glad y'all liked it!!

07-22-03 12:14 AM
Sir Stonesalot You know, I think my grandma has a pic of me with my big mullet AND with one of my drag racing trophies.

I'll see if I can get someone to scan it for me.
07-22-03 12:45 AM
gypsy Oooh! SS, that would rock. I was going to suggest that the guys of RO should all submit photos of themselves with mullets, and the RO chicks with huge teased-up bangs. But, unfortunately, I can't participate...my mom moved to Florida, and, damnit, she took the family photo albums with her.
Now I miss young bare-chested, happy and free MaxLugar...

current mood: wistful
current song: "Rock of Ages" by Def Leppard

[Edited by gypsy]
07-22-03 07:45 AM
LadyJane Gypsy--I'm been promising the ladies at the office to bring in photos of a trip I took to NYC in 1986. We left on a Friday and were planning to hit some hot nightclubs. So I get on the plane with my hair teased so high it was touching the little air conditioning vent. SWEAR.

I gotta learn to use the scanner.

LadyJ.
07-22-03 08:46 AM
telecaster check out www.ratemymullet.com
07-22-03 09:20 AM
Zeeta The funny thing is, believe it or not, mullets are actually becoming fashionable here in the UK again (I'm sure of the Brits that post here could vouch for it!) - it's the 80's fashions coming back!

I have more friends with mullets than without!
Seriously!
Albeit not MASSIVE long mullets, but say about 3 to 6 inches of hair at the back of the head is very common here! I'm in Leeds and the mullets are meant to be ironic! HAHA!
That said I have around 3" at the back of my head but it ain't short on top so I guess it's not a full mullet!!
07-22-03 09:51 AM
Dandelion* Zeeta - I think a mullet is short 3/4 of the way back. Not bangs. Right? Like two different haircuts.
07-22-03 10:06 AM
Zeeta Photo taken on the streets of Leeds this morning!

Not really! But this is what many "fashionable" haircuts are EXACTLY like around here! These are definitely mullets as I nicked the pix from www.gotmullets.com - a personal favourite of mine!!

By the way what is a "bang" when it's at home?

07-22-03 10:29 AM
nankerphelge I'm still deeply troubled by the picture that Dandy selected.

The guy in the middle is clearly the alpha-male mullet.
He has taken control of the room.
The antlers on the wall suggest to me that it is his place.
I think there is wrestling on the big screen, which would explain the alpha-male's agression toward the guy on the right! It could be football though, given the Cowboys and Packers jerseys.

It's the guy on the left tho that has me troubled. He too saw the wrestling, but it apparently caused a different reaction with him! He seems quite aroused by the alpha-male's ass!!!

I gotta believe that MD 20-20 is involved here somewhere!
[Edited by nankerphelge]
07-22-03 10:49 AM
Joey " It's the guy on the left tho that has me troubled. He too saw the wrestling, but it apparently caused a different reaction with him! He seems quite aroused by the alpha-male's ass!!! "

The entire photograph is DEEPLY disturbing to me . It's as though this shot was taken just as a squad of cop cars have pulled up in the driveway and the SWAT team has surrounded the house . The man in the middle is braying in a high pitched tone , " Damnit , I am NOT going back to Prison , do you hear me ???? "

Shiver ..............................

Developing ..........................

JACKY !
07-22-03 10:50 AM
Dandelion*
I almost chose the two mongo women wearing homemade Bo and Luke Duke t - shirts...but alas...this one coulda been shot by Jacques Louis David - except the antlers/alpha mullet juxtaposition is slightly off.

07-22-03 10:56 AM
nankerphelge No, I think you selected well!

The mullet women are funny (we actually had a mullet woman juror on that case I just tried) -- but this photo captures so many of the highlights of mulletdom! Just the look on the alpha's face sums up the joy of the moment! The only surprise is the picture on the TV -- looks like a JC Penney special. 1 8X10, 2 5X7s and 20 wallet sized! That surprises me -- most mullet pictures involve their Dodge Chargers in some form.

07-22-03 11:16 AM
Joey " most mullet pictures involve their Dodge Chargers in some form. "

You make Joey giggle .

Nanky , you are on fire today ...........................

Man this board has missed your keen intellect and consummate posting skills --- I have got my eye on your material today .

" Won't you pour me a Cuban Breeze Ronnie ? "

Joeskee !

07-22-03 03:46 PM
gypsy nanky, you're so right. I looked at mullet in the middle yesterday, and I knew he was THE he-fucking-monkey of the group. He's looked up to by his peers...he's kind of like the Kid Rock of his town...I bet he used to get all the hot chicks back in high school...but then he dropped out, and now he works at the local factory...and the quality of poon is not what it used to be.
07-22-03 04:25 PM
stone jr. That's cool Soulie! I'm seeing Iron Maiden the same day!
07-22-03 06:04 PM
Soul Survivor www.ratemypoo.com
07-22-03 06:10 PM
stonedinaustralia dear soulie,

thank you so much for the link to that most edifying and culturally valuable site

it brings a whole new perspective to the term "anally retentive"

cheers

sia
07-23-03 01:45 PM
Factory Girl Linda McCartney had a mullet. Maybe Heather will get a mullet. Stella should have a mullet.
07-23-03 01:57 PM
nankerphelge Is there such a thing as mulletpuss?

Just curious....
07-23-03 09:01 PM
gypsy Leave it to you, nank. Okay, mulletpuss...let's think about this...hmmm...if some chick only shaved the pubic hair on the pubis bone, but did NOT shave the hair on the labia majoris, then that might constitute mulletpuss.
07-23-03 09:24 PM
telecaster
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Is there such a thing as mulletpuss?

Just curious....

Sadly, I am here to confirm this affliction. Back in '88
I met......oh well, it isn't important but it does exist

Anyone have a toothpick?
07-23-03 09:37 PM
gypsy Tele, are you sure you're not thinking of 'wolfpuss?' It was quite common in the 70's and 80's...and did require the use of a toothpick and/or dental floss.
I believe 'mulletpuss' would be an attempt to shave the front part, but neglect to shave the rest...resulting in a mullet. It's really difficult to describe...I would really need some kind of diagram.
07-24-03 12:20 AM
Sir Stonesalot Diagram?!?

Grow one and post a picture of it. That would be a damn thing there girl.

I'm gonna stop by my Gram's house tomorrow to get that pic of my mullet.
Page: 1 2 3