ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Def Leppard Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
07-19-03 01:02 PM
Soul Survivor Seeing them this Wednesday (July 23) in Detroit. Yeah! Pour Some Sugar On Me
07-19-03 01:36 PM
Sir Stonesalot Oh good lord.

I had a really hot chick back in the day who wanted me to take her to see Def Leppard at City Island in Harrisburg. I'd been trying to hook up with this chick for a couple of weeks, and that concert would have sealed the deal. I'd have had those panties as a trophy for sure.

I turned her down. Even sweet poonie is no reason to endure something like a Def Leppard show.

Soulie...do you have a mullet?
07-19-03 01:39 PM
Soul Survivor haha no. im not a huge fan, a friend of mine called me up and asked if i wanted to go so i figured why not. i shun at mullets. Any guy i see with a mullet, i just want to go up to him and cut it off.

[Edited by Soul Survivor]
07-19-03 01:56 PM
Sir Stonesalot I remember back when mullets were the fashion. I had a '72 Chevell SS, 400 small block. Man that thing was fast. You ever see that commercial where the guy keeps hitting the brakes to make his buddy spill coffe on himself? I used to do the same thing...except I did it using the accelerator. I'd hit the gas and that thing would just leap forward. What a car.

Anyway, I did a lot of drag racing back then, and I had a magnificent mullet. Spectacular. I think I used a can of mousse and a bottle of hair spritz a week! Thank God those things were only in fashion for one summer...they were really expensive to maintain, and they were really no good in hot weather.
07-19-03 02:26 PM
telecaster SS did you have the "Soccer Rocker" or the "Kentucky Waterfall" mullett?

No wait, I bet you had the "Business Up Front-Party In Back" style

http://www.rollingstone.com/photos/bigphoto.asp?gid=6916
[Edited by telecaster]
07-19-03 02:34 PM
nankerphelge
www.mulletsgalore.com

07-19-03 02:35 PM
Sir Stonesalot I don't know what type of a mullet it was. It was a lot of hair. It was just after I got out of the Army...I didn't get a haircut for over a year. I was becoming hair.

Boy I miss that car...
07-19-03 02:37 PM
Soul Survivor
quote:
telecaster wrote:
SS did you have the "Soccer Rocker" or the "Kentucky Waterfall" mullett?

No wait, I bet you had the "Business Up Front-Party In Back" style

http://www.rollingstone.com/photos/bigphoto.asp?gid=6916
[Edited by telecaster]

Sir Paul with a mullet?
07-19-03 02:38 PM
nankerphelge That's a damn nice car!

Was it pretty much stock or did you have it all jazzed up?

Those 400 small blocks put out some crazy horses.
07-19-03 02:38 PM
J.J.Flash Sir, about your signature "Oh, and Bono is a twat.", what does it means? What is twat? I've never heard this word before.
Thanks.
Regards!
07-19-03 02:39 PM
Soul Survivor Bono is a twat
07-19-03 02:47 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Soul Survivor wrote:
Bono is a twat

So, but what the hell does it means? This word "twat", I've never heard this word before. You all know I don't talk english every night and day. Just explain me please. I'm just curious fella!
07-19-03 02:49 PM
nankerphelge
PIE!!!!
07-19-03 02:54 PM
J.J.Flash PIE?!?!?! Wh...mmmm.....Oh yeah, PIE, of course! Thanks Nanky!
Hey Mr. Lawyer from Washington have a great weekend. Good chiba section for you!
Take care!
Cheers!
07-19-03 03:34 PM
Sir Stonesalot No nanky, it wasn't stock exactly. I had a big Holley double pumper sitting on top, bored out with big pistons, an after market cam, custom made headers into a dual exhaust, 4 speed automatic with a Hurst shift kit, adjustable air shocks on the back, posi-traction. Chevy metallic midnight blue, the black SS racing stripes, black vinly top.

The first time I ever took it to the track I ran a 13.2. Once I learned the tricks of the trade, I ran high 12s consistantly.

I also had a crazy loud stereo. You heard me way before you saw me.

Now I REALLY miss that car.
07-19-03 04:48 PM
mac_daddy heheh - nanker, you beat me to the mulletsgalore link...

but while we are beating up on one group of music fans, I figured you might want to take aim at another - I know sirstonesalot has alot to say about this crew. Check out wookie world - I find the pics to be hilarious...

there is also a cameltoe site with pics that cracks me up, but that doesn't really have to do with music...

re: "bono is a twat"
did you see the interview in relix a few months back with one of the guys (dean, i think) from ween? he was asked "are you guys the balls of rock n roll?" and he said something like "I don't know. But I do know that Bono is the vagina of rock and roll - that guy is the biggest pussy!"

07-20-03 01:02 AM
Dan Since they are actually playing 5 songs off High N Dry it might be worth it to see them this tour. And since those are usually the first 5 you can leave early without feeling like you missed anything.
07-20-03 08:45 AM
nankerphelge Know the Toe!!!
I am intimately familiar with the cameltoe site.

And Stoney's SS, which I miss even though I never saw it.
Love early 70s GMs -- especially the Chevelle, but others as well -- Grand Prix, Montes, Cutlass -- it's all fun.

And staying on topic, High & Dry is a great release!

07-21-03 10:36 AM
jb "Photograph" always brings me back to college days circa early 80's...I kinda l;ike them as recently the lead singer had quite a few nice things to say about the longevity of the Stones.
07-21-03 10:54 AM
Sir Stonesalot Just because someone respects the Stones doesn't mean that they don't suck anymore.

Bono likes the Stones, but he's still a twat.
07-21-03 11:32 AM
jb I really don't think Bono likes them-he is a jealous wig-wearing bitch.
07-21-03 12:16 PM
Sir Stonesalot Really jb? And what do you base your opinion on?

Bono has done a duet with Jagger, and appeared on stage with the Stones. What indication do you have that Bono The Twat dislikes the Stones?
07-21-03 12:22 PM
jb He. as you may recall, commented last year on Larry "what's the question" King, that he would not tour like "some " bands who are not relevant anymore...a clear shot at the Stones..he also has made numerous tongue and cheek comments about the band and has also proclaimed U2 as the greatest rock-n-roll band in the world....he is a wannabee Mick who only getrs away with his pompous attitude b/c the press loves this bitches United Nations work and the young people, for whatever reason, love this overrated, souless band. P.S.-do you look like the Edge when you shave your head?
[Edited by jb]
07-21-03 12:31 PM
Sir Stonesalot No, unfortunately for me, I look like Ahmet Zappa when I shave my head.

I don't think that is such an obvious shot at the Stones. I think he was refering to bands that tour without any new material to promote. Like, say...the Eagles, or The Who?

And as for the Greatest Band In The World statement....he said that U2 has APPLIED for the job of Greatest Band in the World.

Besides, Bono is a twat...who cares what he says?
07-21-03 12:33 PM
jb I like Ahmat Zappa...he is not a bad looking guy and that show he and Dweezil had was stupid, but funny.....
07-21-03 12:39 PM
Sir Stonesalot Ahmet is a Sir Stonesalot wish-he-wuz.
07-21-03 12:44 PM
Dandelion* Okay - who's going to submit Josh's avatar pic to mulletsgalore.com?
07-21-03 12:54 PM
jb Max, Nanker and Joey above?
07-21-03 01:03 PM
Dandelion*
quote:
jb wrote:
Max, Nanker and Joey above?

Doesn't it look like a modern day The Oath of the Horatii?
07-21-03 03:14 PM
gypsy SS, you could've gone to the concert, put one arm in your shirt, and made fun of the one-armed drummer...I mean, come on, it's kinda funny. But, then you still may not have scored.

Nice pic, Dande*. Guys with mullets always seem to have a really good time. It's like how in "Revenge of the Nerds," Robert Carradine's character says "I didn't know I was a nerd until tonight." Y'know, like guys with mullets...they just don't know that mullets aren't cool. So, they are just loving life.
Page: 1 2 3