ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Backstage at Estadi Olimpia de Munjuic, Barcelona, España - 21 June 2007
Felicidades a nuestros grandes amigos españoles
© Guillem!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: strees of love vs indian girl Return to archive
21st July 2007 03:46 PM
fireontheplatter discuss
21st July 2007 03:54 PM
CraigP This is a good one.

I'll have to go with Indian Girl.

"Lesson number one, gotta learn while you're young- Life just goes on and on, getting harder and harder."

It's a very depressing tune, but good for a history class.
21st July 2007 04:08 PM
BILL PERKS BOTH ARE GOOD SONGS..SOL IS VERY GOOD LIVE,BUT MY CHOICE IS INDIAN GIRL.
21st July 2007 04:23 PM
fireontheplatter normally i don't answer my own posts.
i love streets of love and i can relate to it more than indian girl, on a personal level. when i first heard it on the bigger bang cd and then he did the i i i i i thing....i kind of went like this. if you know what i mean.
21st July 2007 04:32 PM
aladdinstory Indian Girl is like the sweet taste of cheap tequila mixed with sweat on the naked breasts of a buxom senorita, while Streets of Love is the equivalent of kissing a flat chested bimbo sucking on an Altoid to cover up her puke breath from one too many Zimas.
21st July 2007 04:42 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
aladdinstory wrote:
Indian Girl is like the sweet taste of cheap tequila mixed with sweat on the naked breasts of a buxom senorita, while Streets of Love is the equivalent of kissing a flat chested bimbo sucking on an Altoid to cover up her puke breath from one too many Zimas.

omg......i'm sorry i ever asked.
21st July 2007 05:04 PM
Mr Jurkka Street of Glove.
22nd July 2007 05:26 AM
Potted Shrimp Indian Girl!
22nd July 2007 11:33 AM
Starbuck here's a good one:

fire on the platter vs being buried alive in a coffin with 3000 fire ants

personally, i'd take the coffin, but that's just me.
22nd July 2007 01:23 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
here's a good one:

don't hate me because i'm beautiful
22nd July 2007 01:33 PM
Dick B Cheney
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
here's a good one:

That gives me ideas.
22nd July 2007 07:30 PM
texile oh my,
SOL should not be discussed in the same breath as indian girl.
23rd July 2007 01:16 AM
Poison Dart They both suck.
23rd July 2007 02:44 AM
aladdinstory
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
They both suck.

not an Emotional Rescue fan are ya?
23rd July 2007 07:54 AM
Jumacfly Indian girl of course.
23rd July 2007 07:54 AM
Jumacfly Indian girl of course.
23rd July 2007 08:05 AM
Gazza SOL, but calling it 'better' is a case of being damned with faint praise.

I'm still in a state of denial about Indian Girl, in that I cant believe the Stones at that time were capable of releasing such a steaming turd of a song. Part of me thinks its a recording by an imposter that somehow, during the long delays before the album's release, managed to quietly sneak its way on to the end of side 1 when no one was looking...
23rd July 2007 08:14 AM
Your Cousin Lou Indian Girl
23rd July 2007 09:55 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
Gazza wrote:
SOL, but calling it 'better' is a case of being damned with faint praise.

I'm still in a state of denial about Indian Girl, in that I cant believe the Stones at that time were capable of releasing such a steaming turd of a song. Part of me thinks its a recording by an imposter that somehow, during the long delays before the album's release, managed to quietly sneak its way on to the end of side 1 when no one was looking...

I love Indian Girl. Love it. Mariachi horns, Woody on pedal-steel, Mick's Spanishy accent, the cold war/Latin American intrigue -- love it!
23rd July 2007 11:37 AM
Nasty Habits Life just goes on and on getting harder and harder, doesn't it, Gazza?

Indian Girl rules.

Comedy, pathos, horns, bass.

Emotional Rescue = Billy Wyman and His Fabulous Rolling Stones.
23rd July 2007 11:45 AM
rogerriffin Streetsoflove live is great for the feeling in Jagger, and the silence is awesome live it...

Indian Girl great music, feeling, and over all the lyrics!!!
23rd July 2007 11:46 AM
Fiji Joe Indian Girl?...Man, I was raving about Indian Girl when raving about Indian Girl wasn't cool
23rd July 2007 01:26 PM
BONOISLOVE I can't choose! Why did you have to ruin my early morning tea? I'll have to tell Eno to go and count my money.
23rd July 2007 02:16 PM
aladdinstory Indian Girl was also Nicky Hopkins' swan song with the Stones. just another reason to love the genius that is Indian Girl.

yes i know he appears on TTY but those tracks were recorded much earlier. hmm, or were they, maybe mick just stuck some lyrics on an old backing track and that became the Indian Girl we all know and love, well most of us anyway!
23rd July 2007 02:19 PM
Gazza
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
Life just goes on and on getting harder and harder, doesn't it, Gazza?

Indian Girl rules.

Comedy, pathos, horns, bass.

Emotional Rescue = Billy Wyman and His Fabulous Rolling Stones.

If they took those daft lyrics and that poncey, faux-Spanish vocal out of it, it would have been very good.

Mick's vocal and lyrics similarly mar the musically excellent title track as well.
23rd July 2007 02:26 PM
Joey
quote:
CraigP wrote:

I'll have to go with Indian Girl.

I concur CraigP

" Indian Girl " is one of the greatest songs ever written / recorded in the very short history of mankind .

Read what others have said over the decades :

"Not only a historical but a musical event. An epic tune. A sweeping, richly detailed portrait [vivid with] Jagger/ Richards' astonishing concern for the humanity of their characters. An awesome achievement!"
--Peter S. Prescott, NEWSWEEK

"Stands at the pinnacle of the musical art. "
--Donald R. Morris, HOUSTON POST

A monumental saga...powerful and stirring. It's an overwhelming experience to listen to " Indian Girl "
--Christopher Lehmann-Haupt, THE NEW YORK TIMES

|
|
|
V

JJJJJJJJJJJACKY ! ™

23rd July 2007 02:26 PM
texile i've said this before and i'll say it again -
indian girl is the most direct, foreboding political song jagger has ever written.
the sandinistas eventually became exactly what jagger envisioned -
and that line about castro - and jagger's delivery is just magnificent - edgy and sarcastic.
23rd July 2007 02:28 PM
Gazza
quote:
texile wrote:
i've said this before and i'll say it again -
indian girl is the most direct, foreboding political song jagger has ever written.

Maybe, but it's still a load of cock.
23rd July 2007 02:29 PM
MrPleasant I've always liked Indian Girl.

Sincerily,
General Custer.
23rd July 2007 08:00 PM
Soldatti Indian Girl by a mile
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)