ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Backstage at Estadi Olimpia de Munjuic, Barcelona, España - 21 June 2007
Felicidades a nuestros grandes amigos españoles
© Guillem!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jagger staggers clubbers Return to archive
20th July 2007 04:01 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Jagger staggers clubbers

By RICHARD WHITE
Showbiz Reporter
July 20, 2007
The SunOnline

MICK JAGGER spent thousands of pounds on booze at an East European nightclub — and asked: “Where are all the women?”

The Rolling Stone, 63, staggered into the Celia bar in Bucharest, Romania, with his entourage after a gig.

A reveller said: “He ordered the most expensive drinks. A group of girls who had just arrived were steered to his table.”

Jagger was later driven back to his Hilton hotel — alone.

But some of the girls later turned up there with one of his party.

20th July 2007 07:28 AM
GotToRollMe Well, at least he didn't say, "Where are all the dollybirds?"
20th July 2007 08:04 AM
charlotte poor Mick, I am sure a few ladies at RO would come to his aid...
20th July 2007 09:53 AM
gimmekeef "The Streets of Love"?......Mick's..."Losing His Touch".....
20th July 2007 10:09 AM
LadyJane
quote:
charlotte wrote:
poor Mick, I am sure a few ladies at RO would come to his aid...

Had the ROCC been at that bar......Mick would have had his hands, among other things, full!!!

LJ.
20th July 2007 12:57 PM
Bitch Is is possible that MICK wasn't attracted to any of those women, even if they were interested in MICK.

Were they hard enough, rough enough, tall enough, skinny enough, rich enough or in love enough to suit MICK? I doubt it!
20th July 2007 01:41 PM
The Wick
quote:
But some of the girls later turned up there with one of his party.

L'Wren really does her job well.
20th July 2007 04:09 PM
Gazza
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Jagger staggers clubbers

By RICHARD WHITE
Showbiz Reporter
July 20, 2007
The SunOnline

MICK JAGGER spent thousands of pounds on booze at an East European nightclub — and asked: “Where are all the women?”

The Rolling Stone, 63, staggered into the Celia bar in Bucharest, Romania, with his entourage after a gig.

"Staggered"? I think they have the wrong Stone.

But hey, 'stagger' rhymes with 'Jagger' so why not make it out like he was plastered for the sake of a catchy headline
20th July 2007 04:46 PM
jostorm
quote:
charlotte wrote:
poor Mick, I am sure a few ladies at RO would come to his aid...

Speak for yourself, I'd rather slit my wrists.
Plus, I regularly make love to a man who anesthetises giraffes, but I would never, ever shag someone who fucks ugly giraffes with oversized feet...
20th July 2007 05:00 PM
fireontheplatter i thought mick would have slowed down on his sinful ways by now....
i mean really...what on earth is there to do at 2-4am, accept sleep.
20th July 2007 05:06 PM
Gazza I dont believe a word of it anyway

The dead giveaway is the bit about Mick buying a round of drinks....
20th July 2007 05:21 PM
Mr Jurkka If it's true or false.. Way to go mick!
20th July 2007 07:23 PM
texile
quote:
Gazza wrote:

good point and a funny one.
20th July 2007 07:55 PM
mrhipfl Does Mick drink at all? Does he have a beer or a glass of wine every once in a while? I always thought it was possible that he used to be addicted to alcohol, so if he drinks a little bit, it could bring back his addiction...
??
20th July 2007 08:02 PM
SheRat
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I dont believe a word of it anyway

oh, gazza, why did you have to ruin the only good thing about this story? I WANT TO BELIEVE!

I love the idea of a Rare Appearance by Drunk Mick Jagger. In her auto, Marianne keeps saying that "he never could handle his booze well" and that "Mick is a terrible drunk" but she never says what that means!

There are SO many ways to not handle your liquor well AND to be a terrible drunk, which, by the way are two separate things (though not mutually exclusive).

Does he start to drool? Does he sway, inches from falling and insist on quoting Caddyshack for the entirety of the conversation, stopping only to put one hand clumsily on your breast and say "Gotcher nose!"?

WHAT?! I WANNA KNOW!!!
[Edited by SheRat]
22nd July 2007 10:12 PM
stonedinaustralia that's not how i'm reading it

to me its not implying mick was drunk rather the clubbers were staggered (ie. astonished) presumably, as gazza notes, at Mick's offering to buy drinks
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)