ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Backstage at Estadi Olimpia de Munjuic, Barcelona, España - 21 June 2007
Felicidades a nuestros grandes amigos españoles
© Guillem!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dylan in Kansas City 7/16/07 Return to archive
19th July 2007 01:39 PM
Martha Hi Rock and Roll brothers and sisters,

For those of you interested in Bob’s ongoing tour, here’s a quickie review from his Kansas City show that took place Monday evening at the beautiful Starlight Theater in Swopes Park.

It was my 30th Bob show and one I will never likely forget. We drove 11 hours to get there (the day before) and it was hotter than hammered hell in KC. The dew-point kept climbing and the sun beat down on everyone at the venue until it set behind the trees. Jimmie Vaughn opened at 7:25 with his band along with having Lou Ann Barton join him mid-way into his short 30 minute set. Nothing else to say about that.

Bob took the stage no more than 30 minutes after Jimmie left it. Tony was the first person I saw waiting in the wings, then George....and the rest of the band came on. Bob look absolutely resplendent in a black suit with a single white stripe running down each pant leg and accented stripe on his jacket collar. He wore brand new black cowboy boots, a shiny grey ascot and matching grey hat with a colorful feather in the band. He wears diamond encrusted rings on each of his ring fingers. He threw on his Fender guitar and stood (wiggling a bit) center stage for the first 3 songs. The opener was one of my favs, Cat’s In The Well. “the world’s being slaughtered, it’s such a terrible disgrace.” Indeed.

Due to lack of time I’ll fast forward. The show was great in spite of the heat ( and my leg pain annoyance). We had 7th row seats and were about 40 feet from Bob....which was truly wonderful. And we got 3 songs that we’d never gotten live before as well. I am over the moon about that. They were Levee, Shelter, and Deal. I was also thrilled to get Ballad of a Thin Man...that song is stunning live. I never tire of it.

Bob played 11 different songs in KC compared to the set the night before in Indianapolis. That leaves me very excited to be going to tonight’s show at Red Rocks. If all goes well, I’ll be in the front row ( handicapped section) tonight and tomorrow night. I also got a call this morning and found out that our Jaxx is coming to the Friday night show! :-)

I prolly won’t be able to post more until we return from seeing Bob in Telluride and Albuquerque unless I can grab a couple of minutes tomorrow. But for now I wanted to throw this up for what it’s worth. I thought of YOU Gazza and Meg and GTRM....and Nasty Habits...MRD8 and Lazy Bones, and Joey and Nellcote and LJ and Parmeda and......

PHOG...Hey man, I didn’t see you anywhere did you make the show?
Counting the hours ‘til tonight! Oh yeah, My Morning Jacket is now the opener.

Keep on rockin’!

peace out,
Martha

Here's the full set ( I added the instruments so this isn't posted in full yet on Bill's site):

?----------------------------------

Kansas City, Missouri
Starlight Theatre
July 16, 2007

1. Cat's In The Well
Bob electric guitar; Donnie on Fiddle

2. Lay, Lady, Lay
Bob electric guitar; Stu acoustic guitar; Donnie pedal steel

3. Watching The River Flow
Bob electric guitar; Donnie pedal steel

4. Girl Of The North Country
Bob keyboard, Tony: upright bass, Donnie; pedal steel

5. The Levee's Gonna Break
Bob keyboard & harp; Tony stand-up/upright bass; Donnie electric mandolin; Stu, acoustic guitar

6. Shelter From The Storm
Bob harp & keyboard, Stu acoustic guitar; Donnie pedal steel

7. High Water (For Charlie Patton)
Bob keyboard; Donnie banjo; Tony upright bass

8. Just Like A Woman
Bob keyboard & harp; Tony electric bass; Donnie pedal steel

9. Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again
Bob keyboard; Donnie, pedal steel

10.Spirit On The Water
Bob keyboard ends song on harp; Tony upright bass; Donnie, pedal steel

11. Highway 61 Revisited
Bob on keyboard; Donnie pedal steel

12. When The Deal Goes Down
Bob on keyboard; Tony upright bass; Donnie pedal steel
13. Summer Days
Bob keyboard; Tony upright bass; Donnie pedal steel

14. Ballad Of A Thin Man
Bob keyboard & harp; Donnie pedal steel

(encore)
15.Thunder On The Mountain
Bob keyboard; Stu acoustic guitar; Donnie pedal steel

band intros

16. All Along The Watchtower

(Thanks to Brian Doyle and Jonathan for the phone calls.)
Band Members
Bob Dylan - electric guitar, keyboard, harp
Tony Garnier - bass
George Recile - drums
Stu Kimball - rhythm guitar
Denny Freeman - lead guitar
Donnie Herron - violin, electric mandolin, pedal steel, lap steel

?
page by Bill Pagel
[email protected]

[Edited by Martha]
19th July 2007 01:47 PM
GotToRollMe Hey Martha! Sounds like The Week Of Bob is going swimmingly. I loved your account of the KC show...nothing like seeing the Dylan "wiggle"...lol. Thanks for the shout-out - enjoy the ride, kid!
19th July 2007 01:58 PM
Martha Hey Mary! Thanks so much!

I actually made it to and from KC without getting myself down again....a true accomplishment as this is my 66th day in pain ( yes it is lessening but not over with). Had a great PT session this AM though and hope that will keep me able to go on to these next 4 back to back shows.

Telluride is a looooooong drive. I have to rest in between and use my therapy ball to keep my muscles from tightening up. And....I have to take power naps! LOL

Okay predicition time: Will he open tonight's show with Rainy Day Women #12 & 35? Anything can happen at a Bob show.....and I LIVE for that!!!!! My fingers are crossed that we get "Forever Young" one of the 2 nights at RR.

Love, peace and hugs to you sister!

xxoo,
MM

19th July 2007 02:31 PM
Nellcote Great reporting Mrs. M.
Enjoy the ride!
19th July 2007 02:45 PM
PartyDoll MEG Nice to read your review, Sway Sister!! Glad you are enjoying the shows and vacation..
19th July 2007 02:58 PM
Gazza you lucky sod.

Great review and enjoy the rest of your shows.
19th July 2007 03:35 PM
gimmekeef Martha so glad you are havin a great trip...Bob and BBQ how sweet in KC!
19th July 2007 04:04 PM
Erik_Snow Nice to hear, Martha
[Edited by Erik_Snow]
19th July 2007 04:21 PM
mojoman
quote:
Martha wrote:
Hi Rock and Roll brothers and sisters,

For those of you interested in Bob’s ongoing tour, here’s a quickie review from his Kansas City show that took place Monday evening at the beautiful Starlight Theater in Swopes Park.

It was my 30th Bob show and one I will never likely forget. We drove 11 hours to get there (the day before) and it was hotter than hammered hell in KC. The dew-point kept climbing and the sun beat down on everyone at the venue until it set behind the trees. Jimmie Vaughn opened at 7:25 with his band along with having Lou Ann Barton join him mid-way into his short 30 minute set. Nothing else to say about that.

Bob took the stage no more than 30 minutes after Jimmie left it. Tony was the first person I saw waiting in the wings, then George....and the rest of the band came on. Bob look absolutely resplendent in a black suit with a single white stripe running down each pant leg and accented stripe on his jacket collar. He wore brand new black cowboy boots, a shiny grey ascot and matching grey hat with a colorful feather in the band. He wears diamond encrusted rings on each of his ring fingers. He threw on his Fender guitar and stood (wiggling a bit) center stage for the first 3 songs. The opener was one of my favs, Cat’s In The Well. “the world’s being slaughtered, it’s such a terrible disgrace.” Indeed.

Due to lack of time I’ll fast forward. The show was great in spite of the heat ( and my leg pain annoyance). We had 7th row seats and were about 40 feet from Bob....which was truly wonderful. And we got 3 songs that we’d never gotten live before as well. I am over the moon about that. They were Levee, Shelter, and Deal. I was also thrilled to get Ballad of a Thin Man...that song is stunning live. I never tire of it.

Bob played 11 different songs in KC compared to the set the night before in Indianapolis. That leaves me very excited to be going to tonight’s show at Red Rocks. If all goes well, I’ll be in the front row ( handicapped section) tonight and tomorrow night. I also got a call this morning and found out that our Jaxx is coming to the Friday night show! :-)

I prolly won’t be able to post more until we return from seeing Bob in Telluride and Albuquerque unless I can grab a couple of minutes tomorrow. But for now I wanted to throw this up for what it’s worth. I thought of YOU Gazza and Meg and GTRM....and Nasty Habits...MRD8 and Lazy Bones, and Joey and Nellcote and LJ and Parmeda and......

PHOG...Hey man, I didn’t see you anywhere did you make the show?
Counting the hours ‘til tonight! Oh yeah, My Morning Jacket is now the opener.

Keep on rockin’!

peace out,
Martha

Here's the full set ( I added the instruments so this isn't posted in full yet on Bill's site):

?----------------------------------

Kansas City, Missouri
Starlight Theatre
July 16, 2007

1. Cat's In The Well
Bob electric guitar; Donnie on Fiddle

2. Lay, Lady, Lay
Bob electric guitar; Stu acoustic guitar; Donnie pedal steel

Bob electric guitar; Donnie pedal steel

4. Girl Of The North Country
Bob keyboard, Tony: upright bass, Donnie; pedal steel

5. The Levee's Gonna Break
Bob keyboard & harp; Tony stand-up/upright bass; Donnie electric mandolin; Stu, acoustic guitar

6. Shelter From The Storm
Bob harp & keyboard, Stu acoustic guitar; Donnie pedal steel

7. High Water (For Charlie Patton)
Bob keyboard; Donnie banjo; Tony upright bass

8. Just Like A Woman
Bob keyboard & harp; Tony electric bass; Donnie pedal steel

9. Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again

10.Spirit On The Water
Bob keyboard ends song on harp; Tony upright bass; Donnie, pedal steel

11. Highway 61 Revisited
Bob on keyboard; Donnie pedal steel

12. When The Deal Goes Down
Bob on keyboard; Tony upright bass; Donnie pedal steel
13. Summer Days
Bob keyboard; Tony upright bass; Donnie pedal steel

14. Ballad Of A Thin Man
Bob keyboard & harp; Donnie pedal steel

(encore)
15.Thunder On The Mountain
Bob keyboard; Stu acoustic guitar; Donnie pedal steel

band intros

16. All Along The Watchtower

(Thanks to Brian Doyle and Jonathan for the phone calls.)
Band Members
Tony Garnier - bass
George Recile - drums

?
page by Bill Pagel
[email protected]

[Edited by Martha]

DEAL...fuck i miss jerry twenty years since they backed bobby up....

Since it costs a lot to win, and even more to lose,
You and me bound to spend some time wondrin what to choose.
Goes to show, you dont ever know,
Watch each card you play and play it slow,
Wait until that deal come round,
Dont you let that deal go down, no, no.

I been gamblin hereabouts for ten good solid years,
If I told you all that went down it would burn off both of your ears.
Goes to show you dont ever know
Wait until that deal come round,
Dont you let that deal go down, no, no.

Since you poured the wine for me and tightened up my shoes,
I hate to leave you sittin there, composin lonesome blues.
Goes to show you dont ever know
Wait until that deal come round, dont you let that deal go down.

Wait until that deal come round, dont you let that deal go down,
Wait until that deal come round, dont you let that deal go down,
Dont you let that deal go down, dont you let that deal go down
19th July 2007 04:32 PM
Martha Hi again! And thanks for the well-wishes everyone. I've been resting so I can make it through the evening. We're about 90 minutes from depature time.

Lucky Sod?! LOL I hope I am lucky tonight. ;-)

I'll update tomorrow if I can.

My goodness, I am giddy!!!!

xxoo,
Martha

20th July 2007 08:04 AM
Nasty Habits Deep breaths, Martha. Important not to peak too soon.

Glad you're havin' fun!

20th July 2007 10:26 AM
muncy23 i cant believe he is still playing summmer days. he should play tweedle dee and tweedle dum instead
20th July 2007 11:53 AM
Martha
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
Deep breaths, Martha. Important not to peak too soon.

Glad you're havin' fun!

Hey Nasty! It's so nice to see you postin'. I owe you a ring a ding....after Bob is done with me I'll dial you up. I though tof you in KC> ;-)

xxoo,
Martha
20th July 2007 11:59 AM
Nellcote Martha;

In your honor, I've just placed Modern Times into my cd player, here at the Fantasy Fufillment Palace. Recalling the front row, grasping at the rail Dylan show about a year ago. Here's hoping the rest of your tour is great!
20th July 2007 12:17 PM
Martha Oh yeah! I actually got the first song right for once!

What a night. I am fried and have to recover for tonight's show...but I wanted to post the set. We got in the 5th row on Bob's side of the stage!

Bob took the stage at 9:08. He went on a few minutes late due to rain and wind that blew up right at this time. It was short-lived and not that intense thankfully. I called in the instruments, but Bill had to work today and didn't have time to get them into the set-list yet.

The highlights for me were song #6...I couldn't believe we got Every Grain Of Sand. That song kept me going through some of my darkest grief (thanks to you Gary for sending those shows to me). And then he plays Friend of the Devil. The weed was being smoked profusely.....unlike the KC show where I never smelled it all night. It was a gorgeous night and I am over the moon. I need to get my coffee though so I'm signing off for the moment. Peace and love!

Morrison, Colorado
Red Rocks Amphitheatre
July 19, 2007

1. Rainy Day Women #12 & 35l
2. When I Paint My Masterpiece
4. Workingman's Blues #2
5. Rollin' And Tumblin'
6. Every Grain Of Sand
7. Cry A While
8. Spirit On The Water
9. Friend Of The Devil
10. Highway 61 Revisited
11. Shooting Star
12. Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I'll Go Mine)
13. Nettie Moore
14. Summer Days
15. Masters Of Wars

(encore)
16. Thunder On The Mountain
17. Blowin' In The Wind

(Thanks to Jonathan and Brian Doyle for the phone calls.)

Band Members
Tony Garnier - bass
George Recile - drums

page by Bill Pagel
[email protected]

20th July 2007 12:52 PM
Martha
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Martha;

In your honor, I've just placed Modern Times into my cd player, here at the Fantasy Fufillment Palace. Recalling the front row, grasping at the rail Dylan show about a year ago. Here's hoping the rest of your tour is great!

Nellcote, I adore you. Hugs kisses and on with the show!!!!!

xxoo,
Martha
20th July 2007 01:32 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Martha wrote:
1. Rainy Day Women #12 & 35l
2. When I Paint My Masterpiece
4. Workingman's Blues #2
5. Rollin' And Tumblin'
6. Every Grain Of Sand
7. Cry A While
8. Spirit On The Water
9. Friend Of The Devil
10. Highway 61 Revisited
11. Shooting Star
12. Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I'll Go Mine)
13. Nettie Moore
14. Summer Days
15. Masters Of Wars

(encore)
16. Thunder On The Mountain
17. Blowin' In The Wind

Nice list.
20th July 2007 01:35 PM
MrPleasant Nice review, Thanks.

It's a shame that Bob probably will never play in México.
20th July 2007 05:23 PM
Martha
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
Nice review, Thanks.

Never say never when it comes to Bob.
20th July 2007 05:29 PM
LadyJane So happy you are enjoying these shows, dear friend.

Give Jaxx our best!!!

Call me when you are home and recovered!!

And PLEASE send your Witch Doctor to the Northeast!!!!

xx00
LJ.
20th July 2007 05:36 PM
Gazza
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
Nice review, Thanks.

he did in 1991

'Friend of the devil' was a nice surprise for Red Rocks.
[Edited by Gazza]
20th July 2007 05:38 PM
Gazza
quote:
muncy23 wrote:
i cant believe he is still playing summmer days. .

Neither can I. Its become Bob's equivalent of "You Got Me Rocking" over the last couple of years
20th July 2007 06:08 PM
mojoman
quote:
Gazza wrote:

'Friend of the devil' was a nice surprise for Red Rocks.
[Edited by Gazza]

wow another hunter/garcia piece

21st July 2007 11:11 AM
Martha Hey! I'm still alive and about to take off for Telluride. Will write reviews when I return.

Jaxx met us at the show last night and we were in the 5th row on Bob's side. She LOVED it. Now we see Ratdog next Tuesdau....so she's primed. :-)

Not sold-out last night, it was a breeze getting in to the 5th row, but it was pretty close to it I think. Couldn't get that info. Last night was lovely. Bob didn't play the harp very much which I wonder may have to do with the altitude.

Okay, the car is packed. I got to split!

peace and love,
Martha
21st July 2007 02:04 PM
GotToRollMe Damn, Martha, you got "Friend Of The Devil"?!?!
Good on ya, girl!
Enjoy Telluride!
21st July 2007 06:06 PM
Erik_Snow
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Neither can I. Its become Bob's equivalent of "You Got Me Rocking" over the last couple of years

Yes - it's shouldn't be played every night. It's almost like Silvio, the first half of the 90s.
Don't know why Bob needs to play Summer Days that often...
That being said, it's a great song, funny lyrics - and especially the 2002 versions rocked like crazy. Can't compeat with the best of Bob's songs though.

I see you got a great setlist tonight, Martha - keep the reviews coming, please
24th July 2007 03:20 PM
Martha I'm back!!!

But.....I've got to regroup cause I've got one more show...RATDOG tonight at Red Rocks with my rock and rollin' sister JAXX!

I'll begin writing about the 4 days of Bob when I come down!

I've got LOTS to tell!

;-)

MM
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)